Nature's Gate Chamomile & Lemon Verbena Moisturizing Shampoo for Dry, Damaged Hair

No Image

1.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought for this shampoo for $6.99 at Whole Foods in my quest to rid my collection of beauty supplies of all animal-tested products. The shampoo smells sweet and light, but that doesn't make up for how much it sucks ass.

The shampoo totally dried out my hair. Not only did it dry out my hair, but it does this really weird thing to your hair shaft where it doesn't allow conditioner to absorb. I always squeeze the water out of my hair before I apply conditioner, and I even tried using all of my really thick conditioners with this shampoo (Pantene, L'Oreal Cashmere Shine deep conditioner, Matrix Biolage Hydrating Conditioner). When I rinsed the conditioner off, my hair didn't feel slippery at all, it still felt really squeaky clean, as if I never applied any conditioner.

I also blow dry and the heat from the blow dryer in combination with this horrible shampoo made my hair feel really rough and almost crunchy. Normally I blow dry after using other shampoos and my hair still feels soft so I know for a fact that it is this particular shampoo that is causing the dryness.

The only reason why I gave this shampoo one lippie was because the packaging is pretty well designed with a flip top bottle cap. The color combinations are also pretty nice looking. Rest assured I will never ever ever be buying this product again.

on 12/16/2007 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

such a wonderfully smelling shampoo! i am in love with the scent... not overly herbal and very refreshing! i bought this in my quest for a cone-less shampoo at loblaws (ontario, canada) for about $6. i was not disappointed with the results: my hair has never been shinier and it feels so soft, even within the first several uses. can't believe i used silicones for so long.. i am much more comfortable knowing that my hair doesn't have a film on it! my quest begins for cone-less EVERYTHING!
EDIT: ya... didn't work out so well. my normally-soft hair completely dried out. such a bummer because i liked the idea of a clean hair shaft. too bad. i bought some new shampoo to remoisturize. i loved the smell of this, too :( i'll keep it to clarify