Paul Mitchell PM Shines

No Image

Not tested on animals

on 8/27/2012 7:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Greetings girls ... I've been using PM Shines, applied by my stylist, for about 5 years now. As a natural redhead, I was reluctant to do ANYTHING with my hair, but had to "bit the bullet" when the greyish-blonde color started showing up, especially around the front where my bangs are, and the roots show. Fortunately for me, the depth of my natural color had been getting less and less deep as I've grown older. Not as much pigment, I guess. From a "redhead" to a "strawberry blonde" was my natural evolution, and I finally (at age 55) decided to put some color on. I guess that's a long time to never have colored my hair, but I was blessed with a beautiful color red, and it wasn't until it began looking "mousy" that I went for it.

I do love the results. I've never gotten a bad coloring in the years I've been using this. (I know my stylist uses to shades to get the color I'm used to ... one being a bit darker for the crown of my scalp, and the rest a bit lighter, I guess.) I'd love to be able to do this myself, but as I've read here, one cant purchase it without being a professional.

I don't wash it every day, but the color lasts a long time around the ends and everywhere except the roots and my bangs. If it weren't for these areas, I'd not need to be coloring it. I'm glad I never used a permanent color, as my texture has remained healthy and shiny. I'd recommend this product highly ... as we found the exact color I was looking for in the PM Shines book. Good Luck!

on 8/21/2008 3:38:00 PM

My salon had always used Artec which was discontinued (and I loved)
they started using Paul Mitchell PM Shines and I also have the Clear
Shine put on over my color. I love the color and my hair is so shiny & healthy. My niece had the Clear Shine done alone and her hair looks
fabulous. No more pricey than any other salon service who use lesser
quality products. I love it!

on 12/16/2007 8:19:00 PM

This is such a great product. For the first time in my life I am continuously getting compliments about my hair. OMG! My hair is litteraly glowing. A bit pricey at @$45 at my local salon, but well worth it...