Paul Mitchell PM Shines

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

Not tested on animals

on 9/25/2010 10:33:00 PM

I had this process done in a salon 3 days ago. It cost $40. My naturally strawberry blonde hair (level 7) had faded due to the summer sun and I wanted to bring back some richness. I got this in a slightly darker and redder version of my own hair (knowing it would wash out super fast). The color was a bit intense when I first saw it, but after 2 washings I am absolutely in love! I know since its red it will wash out very quickly, but I am ok with that as long as the brilliant shine sticks around. The shine is almost blinding and my hair had no lingering hair color smell.

The only downside I see to using this is that I got "hot roots" meaning my roots took the color a little more intensely than my ends due to the heat of my scalp. That is the only unnatural looking part of the hair color. My friends didn't even notice that my hair had been colored (a good thing because it is so hard to find a natural looking red).

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I made an 8 week appointment to get it redone. I might go a little more brown than red next time, although my husband loves the red! :-)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a haircolor that is only available for salon professionals to purchase, of course if you aren't a stylist you can have your stylist use this color line on your hair. I had previously been using the Clairol Radiance line. The PM Shines collection is a very similar to the Clairol except it smells better (floral) and doesn't stain the skin as much. Both of these collections are demi-permanent and add shine to the hair. Both lines have a nice amount of various shades. I prefer the PM Shines because the Clairol Radiance smells very chemical. Both are great demi-perm lines but I would much rather use this one.
EDIT: Okay this has got to be one of the fastest fading demi-perm haircolors I have ever tried. Disappointing. Removed 2 lippies.

Popular Hair Color Products