Paul Mitchell PM Shines

No Image

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 2/16/2012 12:28:00 PM

Amazing! This color blends and fades beautifully - enough no one realizes when I due for another color! My hair is softer and shinier after the color and looks a million times more healthy. It corrected all the damaged look from too much time in the sun and added a great depth to my hair. Not to mention, the smell is great and the time of commitment is minimal - so go wild and try something new!

on 9/25/2010 10:33:00 PM

I had this process done in a salon 3 days ago. It cost $40. My naturally strawberry blonde hair (level 7) had faded due to the summer sun and I wanted to bring back some richness. I got this in a slightly darker and redder version of my own hair (knowing it would wash out super fast). The color was a bit intense when I first saw it, but after 2 washings I am absolutely in love! I know since its red it will wash out very quickly, but I am ok with that as long as the brilliant shine sticks around. The shine is almost blinding and my hair had no lingering hair color smell.

The only downside I see to using this is that I got "hot roots" meaning my roots took the color a little more intensely than my ends due to the heat of my scalp. That is the only unnatural looking part of the hair color. My friends didn't even notice that my hair had been colored (a good thing because it is so hard to find a natural looking red).

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I made an 8 week appointment to get it redone. I might go a little more brown than red next time, although my husband loves the red! :-)

on 8/21/2008 3:38:00 PM

My salon had always used Artec which was discontinued (and I loved)
they started using Paul Mitchell PM Shines and I also have the Clear
Shine put on over my color. I love the color and my hair is so shiny & healthy. My niece had the Clear Shine done alone and her hair looks
fabulous. No more pricey than any other salon service who use lesser
quality products. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a haircolor that is only available for salon professionals to purchase, of course if you aren't a stylist you can have your stylist use this color line on your hair. I had previously been using the Clairol Radiance line. The PM Shines collection is a very similar to the Clairol except it smells better (floral) and doesn't stain the skin as much. Both of these collections are demi-permanent and add shine to the hair. Both lines have a nice amount of various shades. I prefer the PM Shines because the Clairol Radiance smells very chemical. Both are great demi-perm lines but I would much rather use this one.
EDIT: Okay this has got to be one of the fastest fading demi-perm haircolors I have ever tried. Disappointing. Removed 2 lippies.