3.8

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

I'm not really sure what this product was supposed to do. The description on the box is so vague. "Stimulate the production of Youth Proteins to create healthier youth cells and visibly change the way skin naturally ages." "Activate Remodeling Proteins to help restore skin's architecture and rebuild density and firmness from within skin." HUH???? What the heck is a Youth Protein??? Or Remodeling Proteins??? Skin's architecture??? When did my face become like a building? Okay, I'll tell you what this product DOES do. It makes skin appear (temporarily) smoother. My skin did feel soft and smooth. And I didn't break out with this either. But super anti-aging properties? Nah. Get yourself a good retinol for that. I also took off a lippie for the solid, opaque packaging because when it ran out, it was just done. There was no way of knowing I was getting close to the bottom with this. Oh, and I have to add this had a great citrus-y smell that my fiance loved. He loved kissing my face whenever I wore this because he said I smelled so good. Score!

About reviewer (453 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Purchased this in hopes of a tightening effect and it slightly lives up to its claims,but not enough for me to repurchase. The bottle is ridiculously over the top. First-you can't see whats left: Second-the weight makes you think there is more left than there really is. My opinion is that there should be a way for bottles of all brands and all products to show how much product is left for the purpose of purchasing when almost out.

About reviewer (319 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Fine

EyesOther

9 years ago

I really had some doubts about this product but when I ran out of ANEW CLINICAL Derma-Full X3 Facial Filling Serum which wasn’t doing much I took a chance. I’m very pleased with the product and wonder if others who didn’t care for it used it under a moisturizer/night cream?. Aside from that the packaging leaves much to be desired since the pump won’t pull out all of the serum as it gets towards the end of the bottle. I will have to break the top off to scoop out the remaining product. So far it’s a keeper .

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

10 years ago

I got this in a special offer... thank goodness... and didn't pay the full price for it. I see absolutely no change in my skin. I would have rated lower, but I don't see any damage/irritation, so at least it's mild. Some have complained about the smell, but that doesn't bother me. What does bother me though is the big heavy bottle it's in. Sometimes I have to pump over 20 times to get the product out. Plus the bottle is heavy and you can't see how much product remains. No doubt that the bulk of the cost of this product is due to the packaging and not the actual product.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

10 years ago

Absolutely no one does my skin like Avon, and now that I've tried most of their Anew line, I will remain faithful for the rest of my life. I am only 28 but spend a lot of time in the sun (don't worry, I take care of my skin, including SPF, sunglasses and hats), but my skin still shows the effects of it sometimes, and that can include just major dryness. I was using Principal Secret Reclaim and didn't even realize that I hated it or that it had temporarily ruined my skin until I switched BACK to Avon (a good reason why I ever strayed is non existent). So I went on a shopping spree and bought a whole slew of products to use at the time and in the future, and I did indeed pretty much buy myself a years worth of skincare. I was using the Rejuvenate line this summer, which turned my skin around on it's own. But we've been experiencing some cooler fall air and my skin was telling me it needed something a bit more. So I switched to the Ultimate Elixir, Ultimate Day and Ultimate Night, and on first application my skin was immediately relieved and looked more glowy. This elixir feels so medicinal when I'm applying it to my skin. It's velvety and luxurious and I have no doubt that it will make my skin even more lovely than the Rejuvenate line. I also plan on trying the Ultimate Gold Emulsion and the Ultimate Premium Elixir when the weather gets even colder. I am hiding those in my aresenal for now though! Then once spring comes I plan on using the Alternative line, and then once again back to Rejuvenate for summertime!

About reviewer (947 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

1.0

10 years ago

I do not like this elixer. It left my face sticky, burned my eyes and smells bad like some of the self tanners out there. My face did not feel tightened immediately like it claims either. Total waste of money for me.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

10 years ago

I am 30 yrs old and recently started using this miracle elixir after sampling some from my mum almost 1 month ago. I must say that it’s by far the best serum I have used in my life, albeit the smell which reminds me of rotting fish food LOL. :) I have been told that I may be slightly too young to use this product (as it states that it’s for mature skin 40 and above) but I have been reaping too many benefits to give it up! ;) I use it twice daily after a hyaluronic based serum, before my daily moisturizer/night cream and I can literally see my face tightening up day by day! I dont even need to use an eye cream anymore as the elixir acts as an all-in-one serum for my face and undereyes. This is definitely a keeper!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

10 years ago

Got this item on a BOGO so the price was right or not so bad but this item is expensive. So does it work? Does for me. One small squirt the size of a pea does my whole face and neck area. It slides on smooth, sinks in like a dream. I wait a couple of minutes and then add Ultimate new night cream. My skin has never looked better. I went to the doctor the other day and he stepped into the examination room and said "you look lovely!" And damn it, I did. Gave full marks for packaging in a pump dispenser bottle which squirts out just the right amount. Will continue to use.

About reviewer (74 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair

HairSilver

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I love this!! I have been using it for two weeks and my skin looks amazing!!! Smooth, dewy and beautiful. My skin is combo on the oily side and I have seen a great improvement in the texture and softness of my skin. I use this at night combined with the Anew C serum and Neutrogena Healthy skin Deep Wrinkle serum in alternate days. My skin is far away from perfect, but this trio has changed my life!! I keep looking a my face in the mirror and smiling :) Totally worth the price. I will buy it again. I will wait until it is on sale to buy a few bottles for my mom. I am sure she will love it too :)

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Smells strange... I can't place the smell but I don't like it. It did make my skin feel nice, but the smell. I wont be buying again.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24