Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.7

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/15/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've fallen in love with this powder, but if I ever lose my big discount, I won't buy it. I also want to say you can ignore the hydrating claim--it's ridiculous to think any type of powder, which is always largely ground minerals, will add moisture. It doesn't disrupt all the lotions & potions I use before applying, nor does it interfere with It Illuminating CC cream, primer or concealer underneath. It adds a radiant finish & perfectly evens skin as a final step.

I use Tarte's kabuki powder brush with the bamboo handle to apply it, tapping off excess. I tried using two of It's powder foundation brushes, but I found them too loose for a smooth application. The firmer bristles allow me to focus on areas and buff any demarcations while controlling the amount of powder I apply. I love the grinder & the fact that I can grind very little. I've always preferred the formulas in compact powders, and grinding what I need makes me feel I'm getting the most out of it.

Colors run towards the dark, and I'm naturally a solid neutral light. It's a favorite for me, and I recommend it for light powder coverage with great control.

on 10/28/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This powder is super expensive! Holy crap! I received this as a gift from my best friend on my birthday, and when I searched up how much she paid for this I literally gagged (It retails for $58 CDN). I don't use this powder to set my foundation because it's too dark for me (I received this in Med/Dark and has medium coverage. I only use this powder in the summer time when I wear a light foundation or a tinted moisturizer. It does do a good job at keeping my skin hydrated during warmer temperatures and it doesn't require a lot to get a airbrushed effect. I was a little perplexed as to how the packaging worked, (how to get out the product out) but I read the instructions on the box and I figured it out lol. I think it's neat that you have the ability to control how much product gets dispensed. On a sidenote, this powder has a tendency to get a little messy if you don't use all that was dispensed the previous time. I've had this powder since last winter, then again I don't use it much so that's probably why I still have it. Based on the price alone, I wouldn't repurchase this. It's a decent powder foundation, but I think I'd be able to find a powder that I would be able to use in the summer that would be half the price of this.

To Read all 446 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/11/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this on sale at the Estée Lauder warehouse sale for $15 CAD and i regret not buying more. It's so hydrating and not cakey at all. Colour is dark but it fits my brown skin so well as well as my friend who is darker than me. So versatile!

on 5/28/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love that my shade matched and it's not powdery. After 10 minutes I have a lovely glow. Sometimes I use it as a setting powder over my Lumi Cushion Foundation. Sometimes I use it alone when it's hot and it gives me a nice finish with light to medium coverage which is what I want.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cheaper than Botox! I don't know if it really makes me look younger, but I do love the fact that it doesn't look cakey when I apply it. I bought this based on the positive reviews here, and I'm so glad I did. Despite the high price tag, it does look better on me than the drugstore stuff I've been wearing, and a little goes a long way.

on 4/12/2016 9:21:00 PM

I just bought this today so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit and should give it some more time. But for $50, I was hoping to be blown away. I wasn't. It's ok, don't get me wrong, but I have found other powders I like just as much for a lot cheaper. While this did not settle into lines and pores and make me look as flaky/cakey/dry/older like other powders, I've found that Almay's smart shade finishing powder achieves this just as well and actually feels more silky on my face. For a fraction of the price. For about the same amount of coverage, as this isn't really more than sheer to light coverage. It does come in a variety of shades though unlike Almay's which only comes in two shades. Halo's "fair" was a good match for me. I have light skin with yellow undertones but some ruddiness to my skin. I usually fall into the porcelain to classic ivory shades depending on the brand. The fair had just enough yellow undertones in a light enough shade for me. Fair might still be too dark for those who are truly alabaster in complexion though or might not work for those with pink undertones. All in all, I found it ok. Didn't make me look as old as other powders have, but the coverage could have been better. I do like the shaver but the packaging is still bulky and mine did not come with a mirror in the compact.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have purchased and repurchased this powder over and over. Got it initially as part of a sample set from Smashbox and loved it. The colour selection is pretty good too.

I use this product as a setting powder for the most part. I use a small amount all over my face with a large fluffy brush after tinted moisturizer and concealer. It does not look cakey at all, and is a very natural look. Not quite a matte finish, but semi-matte. It stays put all day long, and keeps me from growing oily during the day.

The packaging is extremely smart, I love the idea of just shaving off what you need, and not worry about accidentally launching a whole pot of powder all over yourself.

My only concern is that the price is pretty high up there, but as the package itself lasts so long (about 4-5 months of daily use) I am comfortable spending the money.

I love how most, if not all, of the foundations and concealers in the Smashbox line have the same colour name, so it is way easier to try new products as they come out!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off I love the packaging for this thing. I'm kinda new to makeup so when I saw this cheese grater type deal I was astounded. It's really handy too because there's no risk of loose powder flying out when you pop the lid, and unless you over-grate (lol), there's not much risk of putting too much powder on your face and looking clownish.

However if I do use this powder by itself without powdering it over a liquid foundation I unfortunately DO look kind of clownish. Maybe my first use I put too much on, or forgot my primer or maybe it just would've looked better when it settled. Who knows, but that's the way it looks on me unfortunately.

But I do use it over my liquid foundation and it provides a nice finish and makes me look porcelain. It stays on for a long time and I use it every day. Just not quite sure I would call it my holy grail powder or what-have-you

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Made me look oompa-loompa-orange. Probably because of the pH of my skin. Definitely not for those acidic types..

The only thing I like about this product is its turner. Though some brands also have the same packaging, and for a lesser price...

I love this powder, however the lightest color (Porcelain Ivory) is still too dark for my skin, when I say I am a PPP, that is what I mean. I have to mix the foundation and BB cream that come in the packs with white foundation. I have purchased two trial packages with BB cream and foundation for this powder hoping for a different result. I can use the powder and foundation at almost full strength in the summer. I will not repurchase.