Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.7

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 10/28/2017 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my summer HG face powder! It comes in a bulky black compact which houses a mirror. Inside, is a gimmicky dispensing perforated metal dish. (It's important to note: no product is visible). The object to this mechanism is to twist the dish clockwise which releases freshly shaved powder. What I appreciate about this mode of dispensing: you can control how much you need, the powder is always fresh, never sitting in the pan oxidizing until the next use and it's always tidy -no billowing clouds, spillage waste of powder when I open the compact. The powder itself is verrry lightweight, finely milled, silky to the touch and melds beautifully into my skin. Coverage is light and can build to a light-medium. It's a mineralized powder, the skin looks soft, flawless with a matte finish. I use a densely compact short-haired round brush and blend thoroughly when I want a super flawless up to medium coverage. During hot humid days, a large fluffy brush for a light dusting all over my face. I do spritz w/ a finishing spray just to keep it together and for a lil glow. My skin looks great w/ out feeling heavy or looking dry/cakey which I usually feel w/ liquid foundations. I move a shade up in the summer to match my tan. A great powder that I've use daily, and have yet replaced- worth the price! Definite repurchase!

love this powder its every thing you need t flawless long wearing makeup in one bulky container ,,i love the way its soo sanitizing ,,by grinding just the amount you need ,,the powder is long lasting over creamy makeup foundation it last all day long just the way you apply it ,,i cant tell you enough how much i adore this powder kinda pricey but its worth it ,,believe me its worth it and you will love it ,,and every one will give you compliment on how flawless your skin look ,,i highly recommend it to friend ,,my second love is true match from loreal ,,but its not even close to this

on 7/2/2017 6:49:00 PM

This powder isn't for me. After using it, my skin looks like an oil slick within an hour. It's almost like it pulls the oil out of my skin and leaves it sitting right on top.

Because it makes me so oily, I have to re-apply and re-apply to blot up the excess oil, and this just results in my makeup looking very cakey due to all the layers of powder I have to keep re-applying.

I got this in Fair/Light and it's very, very yellow. Doesn't work for my skin, which has pink undertones, not yellow.

If I could say one good thing about this powder, it's the packaging. I LOVE the way the top screws down so you can get just the right amount on your brush. Also makes it easier to know when you're almost out.

If you have very dry skin naturally, this powder might work fine for you. But I would not recommend it for someone with oiler skin. It will just make your problem worse.

on 2/8/2017 1:50:00 AM

Previous to purchasing this, I was a loyal Laura Mercier loose user .. but currently I'm on my fourth month of isotretinoin and I found LM to be much too drying. This sets my foundation nicely, needing very minimal product to do so. Doesn't look can't or feel heavy on my skin. It gives a bit of coverage, but minimal with the amount I use. The price is steep, but this will last quite a while for me. The packaging is nice, makes it easy to control product usage. If my skin leans more normal to dry after my isotretinoin course is finished, I will repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this powder and I don't normally like powders because I have dry skin. I've been looking for something to set my bb cream and under eye concealer. It really does feel hydrating and non cakey! I think it especially works under the eyes. I use my expert face brush by Real Techniques which really buffs it in.

on 11/15/2016 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've fallen in love with this powder, but if I ever lose my big discount, I won't buy it. I also want to say you can ignore the hydrating claim--it's ridiculous to think any type of powder, which is always largely ground minerals, will add moisture. It doesn't disrupt all the lotions & potions I use before applying, nor does it interfere with It Illuminating CC cream, primer or concealer underneath. It adds a radiant finish & perfectly evens skin as a final step.

I use Tarte's kabuki powder brush with the bamboo handle to apply it, tapping off excess. I tried using two of It's powder foundation brushes, but I found them too loose for a smooth application. The firmer bristles allow me to focus on areas and buff any demarcations while controlling the amount of powder I apply. I love the grinder & the fact that I can grind very little. I've always preferred the formulas in compact powders, and grinding what I need makes me feel I'm getting the most out of it.

Colors run towards the dark, and I'm naturally a solid neutral light. It's a favorite for me, and I recommend it for light powder coverage with great control.

on 10/28/2016 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This powder is super expensive! Holy crap! I received this as a gift from my best friend on my birthday, and when I searched up how much she paid for this I literally gagged (It retails for $58 CDN). I don't use this powder to set my foundation because it's too dark for me (I received this in Med/Dark and has medium coverage. I only use this powder in the summer time when I wear a light foundation or a tinted moisturizer. It does do a good job at keeping my skin hydrated during warmer temperatures and it doesn't require a lot to get a airbrushed effect. I was a little perplexed as to how the packaging worked, (how to get out the product out) but I read the instructions on the box and I figured it out lol. I think it's neat that you have the ability to control how much product gets dispensed. On a sidenote, this powder has a tendency to get a little messy if you don't use all that was dispensed the previous time. I've had this powder since last winter, then again I don't use it much so that's probably why I still have it. Based on the price alone, I wouldn't repurchase this. It's a decent powder foundation, but I think I'd be able to find a powder that I would be able to use in the summer that would be half the price of this.

on 9/11/2016 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Got this on sale at the Estée Lauder warehouse sale for $15 CAD and i regret not buying more. It's so hydrating and not cakey at all. Colour is dark but it fits my brown skin so well as well as my friend who is darker than me. So versatile!

on 5/28/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love that my shade matched and it's not powdery. After 10 minutes I have a lovely glow. Sometimes I use it as a setting powder over my Lumi Cushion Foundation. Sometimes I use it alone when it's hot and it gives me a nice finish with light to medium coverage which is what I want.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cheaper than Botox! I don't know if it really makes me look younger, but I do love the fact that it doesn't look cakey when I apply it. I bought this based on the positive reviews here, and I'm so glad I did. Despite the high price tag, it does look better on me than the drugstore stuff I've been wearing, and a little goes a long way.