Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

3.7

Mica, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Isopropyl Linoleate, Synthetic Wax, Polymethyl-silsesquioxane, Water, Zinc Stearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Dehydroaceatate, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (Goji Berry), Trisodium Edta, Peat Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-14, Dimethicone, Gold. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 5/28/2016 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love that my shade matched and it's not powdery. After 10 minutes I have a lovely glow. Sometimes I use it as a setting powder over my Lumi Cushion Foundation. Sometimes I use it alone when it's hot and it gives me a nice finish with light to medium coverage which is what I want.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Cheaper than Botox! I don't know if it really makes me look younger, but I do love the fact that it doesn't look cakey when I apply it. I bought this based on the positive reviews here, and I'm so glad I did. Despite the high price tag, it does look better on me than the drugstore stuff I've been wearing, and a little goes a long way.

To Read all 443 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/12/2016 9:21:00 PM

I just bought this today so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit and should give it some more time. But for $50, I was hoping to be blown away. I wasn't. It's ok, don't get me wrong, but I have found other powders I like just as much for a lot cheaper. While this did not settle into lines and pores and make me look as flaky/cakey/dry/older like other powders, I've found that Almay's smart shade finishing powder achieves this just as well and actually feels more silky on my face. For a fraction of the price. For about the same amount of coverage, as this isn't really more than sheer to light coverage. It does come in a variety of shades though unlike Almay's which only comes in two shades. Halo's "fair" was a good match for me. I have light skin with yellow undertones but some ruddiness to my skin. I usually fall into the porcelain to classic ivory shades depending on the brand. The fair had just enough yellow undertones in a light enough shade for me. Fair might still be too dark for those who are truly alabaster in complexion though or might not work for those with pink undertones. All in all, I found it ok. Didn't make me look as old as other powders have, but the coverage could have been better. I do like the shaver but the packaging is still bulky and mine did not come with a mirror in the compact.

I have purchased and repurchased this powder over and over. Got it initially as part of a sample set from Smashbox and loved it. The colour selection is pretty good too.

I use this product as a setting powder for the most part. I use a small amount all over my face with a large fluffy brush after tinted moisturizer and concealer. It does not look cakey at all, and is a very natural look. Not quite a matte finish, but semi-matte. It stays put all day long, and keeps me from growing oily during the day.

The packaging is extremely smart, I love the idea of just shaving off what you need, and not worry about accidentally launching a whole pot of powder all over yourself.

My only concern is that the price is pretty high up there, but as the package itself lasts so long (about 4-5 months of daily use) I am comfortable spending the money.

I love how most, if not all, of the foundations and concealers in the Smashbox line have the same colour name, so it is way easier to try new products as they come out!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First off I love the packaging for this thing. I'm kinda new to makeup so when I saw this cheese grater type deal I was astounded. It's really handy too because there's no risk of loose powder flying out when you pop the lid, and unless you over-grate (lol), there's not much risk of putting too much powder on your face and looking clownish.

However if I do use this powder by itself without powdering it over a liquid foundation I unfortunately DO look kind of clownish. Maybe my first use I put too much on, or forgot my primer or maybe it just would've looked better when it settled. Who knows, but that's the way it looks on me unfortunately.

But I do use it over my liquid foundation and it provides a nice finish and makes me look porcelain. It stays on for a long time and I use it every day. Just not quite sure I would call it my holy grail powder or what-have-you

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Made me look oompa-loompa-orange. Probably because of the pH of my skin. Definitely not for those acidic types..

The only thing I like about this product is its turner. Though some brands also have the same packaging, and for a lesser price...

I love this powder, however the lightest color (Porcelain Ivory) is still too dark for my skin, when I say I am a PPP, that is what I mean. I have to mix the foundation and BB cream that come in the packs with white foundation. I have purchased two trial packages with BB cream and foundation for this powder hoping for a different result. I can use the powder and foundation at almost full strength in the summer. I will not repurchase.

on 9/18/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was on a mission to find a new foundation…I was convinced I needed to try Bare Minerals again because I was looking for something powder based, readily available and that wouldn’t make me breakout like crazy. So I head to Ulta….when I got there, I was caught trying to color match foundations, when a sales associate spotted me. She asked me about my skin type, problems I may have, etc. Since going off of the pill about 4 months ago, I have nothing but problems with my once darn near perfect skin. Lots of cystic acne on my chin, around my nose, forehead. I wanted something light, oil absorbing, and something that could cover my flaws, but not cause more. She put this on me and wow…looked lovely! I was very impressed with how smooth it went on and how natural it looked. She did recommend using a primer first (I use the blue one from Smashbox and LOVE it) and I think that truly makes the difference. I definitely think this lasts all day and keeps MOST of my oily spots at bay. I do need to powder my nose every now and then though…

So, long and short. I have found my new foundation! It is pricey, but ounce for ounce it is cheaper than Bare Minerals and many other mineral makeups as you do get more for your buck. Unlike some of the reviews, I LOVE the packaging…I think its so clever to just give it a little turn and it dispenses just what I need. I tend to be a little clumsy so this keeps the powder where I need it, in case I knock it over. 

on 8/29/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

so, i just received this powder in the mail the other day and i love it already. when i bought this, i wondered how they could possibly claim a powder, which dries things, naturally, is HYDRATING? like, i don't think that's something a powder can even do. gimmick aside, though, this powder is pretty awesome.
i don't use enough to see actual coverage from it, as i use it to just set my foundation. but, it gives me a really nice, natural, non-cakey finish to my skin. it doesn't mattify my skin to the point that it looks unnatural, which is what i think they may have meant by 'hydrating'.
unfortunately, this powder is like FIFTY FRICKIN' BUCKS which is *RIDICULOUS* for a powder. but.. i don't think i mind it as much as i should, as it seems to be outperforming my drugstore powder by miles. and another unfortunate thing is how messy it is - powder gets all over the inside of the tin, the mirror, everything when it's closed. however, i feel like those aren't huge dealbreakers, seeing as i don't even use the included mirror and i can just easily wipe off the powder on the inside (kinda wasteful though). all in all, this is a very nice powder for people who are tired of cakiness and don't mind dropping 50 dollars.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

really amazing coverage for the powder alone. i put it on top pf CC cream. feels really nice on the skin. love it. gave it 4 stars because the packaging it kind of irritating.