L'anza Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream Shampoo

L'anza Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream Shampoo

4.2

Water/Eau (Aqua), Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tahitian Tamanu Oil), Entada Phaseoloides Bark Extract (Polynesian Gugo), Keratin Amino Acids, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Hawaiian Macadamia Nut), Saccharum Officinarum (Hawaiian Sugar Cane) Extract, Tahitian Sea Water, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract (Sea Kelp), Hydrolyzed Algin (Sea Kelp), Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Sodium PCA, Magnesium PCA, Zinc PCA, Manganese PCA, Dimethicone PEG-8 Meadowfoamate, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Acrylates, Beheneth-25 Methacrylate Copolymer, Buteth-3, Tributyl Citrate, PEG-150 Distearate, Polyquaternium-71, Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Vinyl Neodecanoate Crosspolymer, Glycol Distearate, Steareth-4, Silicone Quaternium-16, Undeceth-11, Butyloctanol, Undeceth-5, Polysorbate-20, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Linalool), Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool.

on 4/7/2016 1:59:00 PM

Surprisingly mediocre. I wanted to try this shampoo for a long time before I finally splurged on it. I found that it is a decent moisturizing shampoo, but I've used better. It cleanses well and doesn't strip my hair color, so that's nice. But it leaves my hair coated and weighed-down, especially around the crown.

For reference my hair is thick, wavy-textured, color treated and I heat-style it regularly. It has a tendency to get dried out, so it's important that I take care of it with the right products.

Unfortunately this is not something that I would buy again. Moisturizing shampoos that I would recommend over this one are: Philip Kingsley Moisture Extreme, Joico Moisture Recovery, Neutrogena Triple Moisture, or Nexxus Therappe.

L'anza Tamanu wasn't a BAD shampoo per se, but it definitely wasn't worth $28. I wasn't impressed.

on 11/26/2015 2:22:00 PM

Well I have come to a conclusion about hair products containing nut oils. I have color treated fine, curly hair. People raved about the use of coconut oil in their hair. I tried it and I had horrendous results. My hair was fuzzy, frizzy and dry looking, and the same result occurred with L'Anza. I don't believe the product is the problem. It's my hair type that doesn't seem to like oil products. My daughter, on the other hand, had a fabulous result. She has coarser hair, that is medium, not fine like mine. Her hair is smooth and full of body after one use.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My other bottles of shampoo are languishing in my bathroom because I've fallen in love with L'anza's Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream shampoo.
I had read rave reviews about this line and I decided to get the Tamanu cream shampoo (and Kikui conditioner) as a birthday treat and I'm so glad I splurged.
$24.95 CAD for a bottle of shampoo isn't cheap change but this product delivers such great results for me that I think it's worth the cost.

It does have a tropical scent so it's not for everyone. Fortunately it's not too strong as I dislike anything too sweet. The fragrance does dissipate after rinsing.
It's supposed to be made with Polynesian Botanicals which are better for your hair. I don't know about the ingredient claims but this shampoo makes my hair look healthy and full with that 'just left the salon' look. It's SLS free which is important for me as I colour my hair professionally and SLS irritates my skin.

The shampoo is quite thick but it doesn't weigh down my hair and gives it the moisture it needs. If you have fine hair, you may not like the thick formula.

I don't buy the big litre size bottles of shampoo but I'm an exception for this one. I'll be saving up my pennies for that purchase.

on 7/10/2014 6:06:00 PM

WATCH OUT FOR FAKES ONLINE. This is a luxurious shampoo and very moisturizing. It has repaired my dry, brittle hair, and even my beauty stylist noticed the improvement after several months. This is so moisturizing that I can skip the conditioner if I'm in a hurry. I use about a quarter-size amount and that does the trick. And a plus is that it has a nice light tropical scent. But I'd recommend you buy this product at a salon or an Ulta store. I ordered both the shampoo and conditioner off Amazon a few months ago just to save money. The bottles looked exactly the same, but I discovered the products were fakes. They dried out my hair and faded my color in no time flat. Who knows what they put in them. I purchased new bottles at Ulta and love it again! So worth the price. Watch for specials at Ulta and you can buy two and get one free from time to time. Stock up then with the real stuff, instead of the fakes online.

on 6/29/2014 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not a fan of this shampoo. After using it, my hair felt dry and coarse and looked frizzy. Will not be repurchasing this one.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I LOVED it!! My hair is thick and very dry, and I also damaged it a lot with chemical process. I would say if it were less damaged, I almost wouldn't need a conditionner!

Although it is really expensive for its size, it's worth the money because you really don't need a lot to make it lather. Even with its moisturizing properties, this shampoo is really easy to rinse off and it doesn't leave the hair oily. I really liked the smell and the thickness of the product. I would definitely buy it again :)

And also, not very important for some but still... L'Anza doesn't test on animals, so it's a plus for me :)

on 11/23/2013 1:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Its ingredients are the main attraction - sulfate and paraben free. I have this satisfaction that finally my hair are free of the detergent chemicals that were found in all of my previous shampoos.
Apart from this, I had a sudden increase in dandruff a couple of months ago and it was like constant snow fall from the head, in fact a hail storm, such was the size of dry flakes. A week's use of this shampoo and 75% of the dandruff is gone! After about 7 week's use, I can say that the hair also feel better (though i,ve had a more than usual hairfall past few days, don't know why). It also keeps the split ends at bay and overall the hair look better and a little less dry. It has a subtle mysterious yet pleasant fragrance.
On the downside it's quite pricey. However, a little goes a long way. One bottle lasts about two months for mid back hair length (washing hair no more than 3-4 times a week). Overall I would recommend it for people with very dry and frizzy hair like mine.

on 4/13/2013 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Funny thing, non-sulfate shampoos are not necessarily gentle nor good for the hair. They contain plenty of detergents that are quite harsh just not sodium lauryl sulfate per se. I had the same result with this shampoo that I had with Organix Coconut Milk
which is poorly rated. I could feel in the shower that this was very drying/stripping. I used my usual conditioner but my hair looked terrible after using this. Dried out, stringy, flat, looked fried. Even after my next wash where I only CO washed, it still has not recovered. I have fine, wavy, frizzy colored (roots) hair that is not damaged. Very disappointing. I think that because this is expensive people may be reluctant to rate this as harshly as the Organix products. Really it is no better at least on my hair.

on 4/2/2013 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I have yet to nail the perfect shampoo, thought this would be "it" but the search goes on. It rinses off well, doesn't leave my hair dry but neither gives me the super moisturizing feeling. I like it but don't love it for the price.
UPDATE***** 08/13
Started using this product again, because I wanted to finish it off and to my surprise..I noticed a change in the texture of my hair every time I used this..all for the good obviously. Changing it back to 5 stars, planning to buy the liter this time. I am happy, gave it another chance rather than putting this to in the corner of my bathroom shelf.

One of my favorite shampoos EVER...I have naturally thick,frizzy, wavy/curly hair, and I have relaxers and keratin treatments done..usually alternating them. This shampoo is sulfate free which helps maintain my color(oh yeah I do that too:), and is ok to use with keratin treatments. I have alot of hair, but it gets weighed down very easily. This shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean, soft, and smooth without making it feel coated and gross like so many sulfate free shampoos that I've tried in the past. I love this shampoo, and the conditioner is awesome, too. Good stuff if you have dry/damaged hair!!