Chanel UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50 [DISCONTINUED]

Active Ingredients: zinc oxide 19, Octinoxate 7.5 Titanium Dioxide 2.5 Inactive Ingredients: cyclopentaxiloxane, zinc oxide (19) , aqua, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (7.5), alchohol denat, isononyl isonanoate, dipropyleneglcol, glycerin, neopenthyl glycol dicaprate, polymethilsilsesquioxane, polymethyl methacrylate, dimeticone, triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG-9polydimethylsiloxethl dimethicone, propylene glycol, thocopheryi acetate, butyleneglycol, parfum, hydrolyzed wheat protein, mannitol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymere, methylparabean, glycogen, panax ginseng root extract, aesculus hippocastanum eed exract, tilia cordata wood extract, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, chlorphenesin, Faex,bht, peg -40 hydrogenated castor oil, glycyrrhiza glabra extract, phenoxyethanol, calcium panthothenate, biotin, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, titanium dioxide.

on 7/14/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

PROS :
- High percentage of zinc oxide for good protection
- nice packaging
- dry/satin finish
- doesnt break me out

CONS:
- makes me SUPER OILY during the day! Altough the finish is quite dry it feels like it never settles onto skin
- leaves a white cast
- expensive

I dont know what to do with this as it is a good product but makes me super greasy! I usually just bin cheaper sunscreens which make me oily but due to the price of this one I might use it for beach or weekends maybe!

on 5/6/2016 1:19:00 AM

Pros:
Thin, spreads out nicely, works great under makeup, slight yellow tint great for yellow skintones, has good slip so not sticky. Dries semi matte.

Cons:
Super pricey
Light floral scent ( dissipates quickly - personally I'm not bothered)

**VERY DIFFICULT to remove. (Not sure if it's a plus or a con.)

I usually double cleanse w/ sunblocks ( avene, shiseido, LR Posay, EltaMD) but with this one i have to triple cleanse to completely get rid of the filmy feel. That, plus clay mask every 2 days.

I'm guessing it probably will clog pores & cause breakouts if you slack off even one bit. ( So far i haven't had problems with it.)

Prefer Kiehl's Super fluid spf 50+ over this, but it's a very, very good sunblock.

I wanted this product for a long time because of the good reviews on this website and finally got a few samples of it from Nordstrom a few weeks back. I feel like it works fine as a sunscreen, but I definitely don't plan on purchasing it. I like my Obagi SPF 50 much more than this and that is also much cheaper. This bottle is only one ounce for $50, which is too steep in my opinion. I thought it was comparable to the Shiseido sunscreens with the liquid texture and those are much cheaper.

on 3/20/2016 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this sunscreen. I'm currently using up the last bit of a bottle and already repurchased my next one because I don't want to be without it. I'm 44 but people often mistake me for 31 or 32 years old (it's also in the genes; my mom looks a lot younger too and has great skin). My skin is dry, often developing dry patches around the mouth. I use this sunscreen every day, all year round. I wash with oil cleanser, then apply face oil (Nude ProGenius or Tatcha) then Chanel sunscreen, then moisturizer, primer, foundation, and setting powder. It's so light that it absorbs right into the skin with my face oil. It leaves a little bit white cast but barely noticeable because it's so absorbing, and for me the white helps to reduce redness. The finish is velvety and luxurious. Not overly perfumed, which I prefer (I returned all of my Chanel skincare products because they were way too perfumed for my taste). You don't need a lot of this product for one application. My first bottle lasted over a year. I love, love, love this product.

on 10/31/2014 1:57:00 AM

Leaves a very obvious white cast and has a greasy feel. Not better than Shiseido's sunscreen, which you can find at a cheaper price!

on 6/26/2015 5:21:00 AM

Im on my second bottle.
A few drops of it can cover the whole face and I like how light it quickly absorbed onto my skin.
It has a velvety feel and not oily.
Yes it is on a pricier than other sunscreen. But I will continue to use it.

on 10/15/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

When I first tried this sunscreen I was really pleased since it was everything I wanted in a sunscreen. It was easy to work with, did not leave a white cast and most importantly was not greasy. It did not hinder the longevity of my foundation. I decided to repurchase but was very disappointed after discovering that this sunscreen had been reformulated. I used it under my mac face and body foundation. It seemed greasy and my friend commented on my foundation looking light for me. Even though I welcome criticism, I appeared the opposite and didn't seem to accept that it could be my foundation since it offered very minimal coverage. It was this sunscreen to blame. I applied the sunscreen to half of my face and left the other half without sunscreen and then applied the same foundation. The half with this sunscreen looked lighter. Although some sunscreens have a white cast initially upon application, the cast fades over time, however with this one it's not the case. I would recommend the Clarins UV plus sunscreen for anyone who wants a better alternative.

on 9/7/2014 3:57:00 AM

Got this for a 4-day sun-filled weekend. I normally don't wear sunscreen as they break me out or cause other irritations like itchy bumps or make a fading pimple seem to become unable to heal and go away. So I was really looking forward to a product that might work better with its watery light consistency. I used this product for 3 days straight. At first, I thought this is working, but after the 3 days then going back to being without it, I realized my face was slowly becoming irritated with filled-looking pores on my nose and a few tiny pimples on my forehead. Don't know what I'm sensitive to, as I tried many different brands and formulations of sunscreen, but this Chanel product didn't work for me.

Also, my face was slowly becoming drier with dry patches appearing. Turns out this product has straight-up alcohol listed as an ingredient.

This is a pretty solid daily sunscreen for your face. It is a thin and watery liquid that spreads out nicely across your skin. I only need four tiny drops to cover my entire face and it does not feel oily at all. I let it dry for a minute or two before I start my base makeup. I adore the packaging, which is a compact little white bottle that is travel friendly.

Of course, being Chanel, the price point is quite high. If you are looking for a slightly lower price point, I would suggest Clarins' UV Plus HP Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen Multi-Protection. It doesn't have the nice smell or the sexy packaging of the Chanel, but the product itself is fairly similar and retails at a lower price for a higher volume.

Best facial sunscreen on the market. Feels like water, doesn't have that nasty sunscreen smell and I can add it to my moisturizer or sunscreen and it isn't sticky or thick.