4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I have combo oily skin and this is literally the best base / primer for me. Its watery and makes my skin silky smooth. No sunscreen smell and never sticky or thick. Its lightweight and just beautiful. The only thing i dont like it that it does make my skin a bit paler and have a slight white cast. It isnt as bad as some other brands though. This controls my oily t zones and i dont need to blot as much. I actually enjoy the smell. Its lovely but expensive. Its worth it for me! Edit- i use about a dime size on the face before going out in the sun. it does have a white cast and very heavvily fragranceed, ive switched to mineral spf! Avene Compact SPF 50 is better!!

About reviewer (420 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

PROS : - High percentage of zinc oxide for good protection - nice packaging - dry/satin finish - doesnt break me out CONS: - makes me SUPER OILY during the day! Altough the finish is quite dry it feels like it never settles onto skin - leaves a white cast - expensive I dont know what to do with this as it is a good product but makes me super greasy! I usually just bin cheaper sunscreens which make me oily but due to the price of this one I might use it for beach or weekends maybe!

About reviewer (119 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Pros: Thin, spreads out nicely, works great under makeup, slight yellow tint great for yellow skintones, has good slip so not sticky. Dries semi matte. Cons: Super pricey Light floral scent ( dissipates quickly - personally I'm not bothered) **VERY DIFFICULT to remove. (Not sure if it's a plus or a con.) I usually double cleanse w/ sunblocks ( avene, shiseido, LR Posay, EltaMD) but with this one i have to triple cleanse to completely get rid of the filmy feel. That, plus clay mask every 2 days. I'm guessing it probably will clog pores & cause breakouts if you slack off even one bit. ( So far i haven't had problems with it.) Prefer Kiehl's Super fluid spf 50+ over this, but it's a very, very good sunblock.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

I love this sunscreen. I'm currently using up the last bit of a bottle and already repurchased my next one because I don't want to be without it. I'm 44 but people often mistake me for 31 or 32 years old (it's also in the genes; my mom looks a lot younger too and has great skin). My skin is dry, often developing dry patches around the mouth. I use this sunscreen every day, all year round. I wash with oil cleanser, then apply face oil (Nude ProGenius or Tatcha) then Chanel sunscreen, then moisturizer, primer, foundation, and setting powder. It's so light that it absorbs right into the skin with my face oil. It leaves a little bit white cast but barely noticeable because it's so absorbing, and for me the white helps to reduce redness. The finish is velvety and luxurious. Not overly perfumed, which I prefer (I returned all of my Chanel skincare products because they were way too perfumed for my taste). You don't need a lot of this product for one application. My first bottle lasted over a year. I love, love, love this product.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

Im on my second bottle. A few drops of it can cover the whole face and I like how light it quickly absorbed onto my skin. It has a velvety feel and not oily. Yes it is on a pricier than other sunscreen. But I will continue to use it.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

I wanted this product for a long time because of the good reviews on this website and finally got a few samples of it from Nordstrom a few weeks back. I feel like it works fine as a sunscreen, but I definitely don't plan on purchasing it. I like my Obagi SPF 50 much more than this and that is also much cheaper. This bottle is only one ounce for $50, which is too steep in my opinion. I thought it was comparable to the Shiseido sunscreens with the liquid texture and those are much cheaper.

About reviewer (169 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Leaves a very obvious white cast and has a greasy feel. Not better than Shiseido's sunscreen, which you can find at a cheaper price!

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

5 years ago

When I first tried this sunscreen I was really pleased since it was everything I wanted in a sunscreen. It was easy to work with, did not leave a white cast and most importantly was not greasy. It did not hinder the longevity of my foundation. I decided to repurchase but was very disappointed after discovering that this sunscreen had been reformulated. I used it under my mac face and body foundation. It seemed greasy and my friend commented on my foundation looking light for me. Even though I welcome criticism, I appeared the opposite and didn't seem to accept that it could be my foundation since it offered very minimal coverage. It was this sunscreen to blame. I applied the sunscreen to half of my face and left the other half without sunscreen and then applied the same foundation. The half with this sunscreen looked lighter. Although some sunscreens have a white cast initially upon application, the cast fades over time, however with this one it's not the case. I would recommend the Clarins UV plus sunscreen for anyone who wants a better alternative.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

This is a pretty solid daily sunscreen for your face. It is a thin and watery liquid that spreads out nicely across your skin. I only need four tiny drops to cover my entire face and it does not feel oily at all. I let it dry for a minute or two before I start my base makeup. I adore the packaging, which is a compact little white bottle that is travel friendly. Of course, being Chanel, the price point is quite high. If you are looking for a slightly lower price point, I would suggest Clarins' UV Plus HP Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Sunscreen Multi-Protection. It doesn't have the nice smell or the sexy packaging of the Chanel, but the product itself is fairly similar and retails at a lower price for a higher volume.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

Best facial sunscreen on the market. Feels like water, doesn't have that nasty sunscreen smell and I can add it to my moisturizer or sunscreen and it isn't sticky or thick.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55