Milani Black Magic Liner & Eye Glimmer #01

Milani Black Magic Liner & Eye Glimmer #01

3.0

Not tested on animals

"Sterling", #01 the silver version of the pencil, is one of my HG products, to be honest. I haven't tried any of the other color varieties. I use the black side as a thick liner, it stays well on my waterline compared to most other liners. The sparkly silver side makes a great highlighter for the inner corners of your eyes, which looks great with any other makeup, particularly when wearing eye shadow. I use it just about everyday, I love it. I've already bought a second. The packaging design is adorable. Anyone should be able to find a good use for this, the black and silver are both universally flattering. Not sure why it has such bad ratings, I think people are expecting the effect of a thin liner rather than a chubby pencil, or people just don't know how best to use it.

I just tested on #05, the pink one, and I don't like it half as much. The pink glitter doesn't really look good alone, although I see the appeal when layered with the blackened side, on top or beneath. When using the two together, it creates a black with pink sparkles party look, could be used as a liner or shadow pencil even.

I bought this in Blackened Gold.
One end was black with a little bit of gold sparkles in it, and the other end was completely gold.

PROS
- None

CONS
- Smears so much
- The black end with the gold sparkles ended up looking like a light grey.
- The gold side is pretty much invisible.
- The big and thick pencil makes it hard to get a precise line.

Conclusion:
The colors didn't end up looking like how I thought they would. It also smeared so easily. A waste of money.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this thinking that the silver would be cute on me ,but it was an epic fail.I put it on ,and I looked like a prostitute . Then I tried the black - worked a little better ,but not much .And finally , I went to sharpen it and the thing did not sharpen

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Medium

i was sooo excited to get this because i heard about it before and i am a glitter fanatic. unfortunately, there i got almost no glitter from this pencil. the black end of it smudges like crazy and the glitter end is not smooth or glittery at all. what a waste of five bucks.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I didn't like the sparkly side as much as the other side. It looks pretty cool with or without shimmer as a black shadow pencil.

I bought this a few years ago at CVS. I got the Blackened blue with the blue shimmer duo. The shimmer side is ok, but not that pigmented. It also comes off VERY easily. The Blackened blue side is really nice. The name describes it perfectly. Its a very dark blue that looks almost black. Its a really nice and creamy eyeliner, but it doesnt last that long (but all eyeliners smudge on me) i like the name + the packaging. Im not sure if these are year round, or just for Halloween?

on 6/9/2009 10:24:00 AM

I bought two of these liners, the teal (reviewed separately) and the pink. The pencil liner side of this product just looks like a black liner to me, nothing spectacular. This smudges like crazy too. The glitter side is a whole new experience for me. I applied this thinking of fuchsia colored glitter, but no. Bizarrely this is coral/salmon colored glitter which was very chunky and dramatic when applied even sparingly. This particular color makes me look like I have some sort of eye infection, or just been in a bar-fight with a glitter-pencil wielding drag queen. I will be returning this one to CVS, I can't keep a pencil that makes me look sick! continued >>

on 5/12/2009 2:46:00 AM

I've been searching for a blue/black eyeliner for a while now and couldn't find any, they were either black or blue...this makes my hazel eyes stand out the way I want them too, more than with just black liner. I haven't really tried the shimmer part but thats not really why I bought it.

on 6/24/2009 1:53:00 PM

My friend bought me this for my birthday and kept raving about how it looked so good on her sister so I was really excited to try it. Sadly, it turned out to be little more than an epic fail. The liner smudged onto my lids as soon as I opened my eyes and the glitter end was very hard. However, it does make a very good black/blue shadow base.

I like this product. the eyeliner doesn't smear and the glitter shows up unlike some glitters that don't really show up. I think the eyeliner is easy to put on too.