CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

***HG*** for 3+ years. Everything I want in a finishing powder. Refines the finish of foundation but also works beautifully on bare, moisturized, sunscreened skin. I have oily, dehydrated skin with some large pores on my nose. While I stay away from heavier powders, I've had issues in the past with powders that are too sheer (I'm looking at you, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish), doing nothing for redness and shine. This has just enough pigment to mask minor imperfections and unevenness without changing the color and tone of foundation. This is not an oil-absorbing powder per se, but I find that mattifying formulas tend to suck the life out my dehydrated skin, drying me out, highlighting pores, creating the appearance of texture where there is none. Poudre Universelle goes on like a sheer matte (lightweight, eliminates shine) and settles into a satin/velvet finish. My skin is good but not perfect, and this powder just floats above the fray. Yes, I do blot once or twice throughout the day, but quite frankly I have never found an all-day oil-absorber that stays pretty. I turned my dry-skinned mother onto this as well and she adores it.

I range from NC25-NC35 and use Translucent 2 (=Natural 30) year-round. Very forgiving, both depth- and color-wise.

Much as been said about cost already, but I find this to be an incredible value. The Chanel is 52USD for 1 oz. MUFE, Nars, and Hourglass give you about a third of the product for 31-46USD.

Packaging is elegant and functional: the container is substantial (doesn't slide around) and wide, which means I can tap excess off a kabuki brush into the lid without making a mess. The puff is dense and soft and reversible. I use a kabuki to apply and distribute, then press with the puff. My only semi-gripe is that the interior lid (with the holes) is not removable, which leaves enough powder for maybe one application stuck inside. Not a deal breaker for me, as having the fixed lid actually makes for a more stable package overall. I go through a jar every 5 months or so, though this seems to be twice as fast as most other reviewers here so YMMV.

I don't even try other powders anymore. Big love.

on 5/28/2018 6:27:00 AM

Update: 08.08.18
Still think this is absolutely amazing. No skin irritation, still no creasing... I gave another powder a chance for a couple of weeks and the creasing was happening much more compared to this. This powder barely budges for me, no creases, no seperating... great setting powder. This is definitely my holy grail now. :) for those who are interested, give it a go! Hope it’ll work out for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. Wow. WOW.

This product is amazing. I got it about 4 days ago and I'm just blown away.

I came across this beauty after doing research on some mattifying powders. My skin is on the more drier side but I find that this doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face.

After several months of using Sensais Total Finish powder foundation, I was looking for something more mattifying since we are now coming into warmer months and the TF powder just couldn't hold up. Was quite shiny at the end of the day. I tried Macs studio fix powder plus foundation since I used to use it about two years ago and nope. It was just too cakey and settled into fine lines, and really badly in my smile lines plus broke me out horrendously and caused redness.

This powder does NOT do that. In fact it completely hides my fine lines and doesn't settle into my smile lines at all which is great! For reference, I am between NC15 and NC20 in Mac and 20 Clair suits me perfectly. It does give a little coverage but you can build it up without it looking cakey or too fake looking. This hasn't dried my skin out like some powders do *cough* Mac *cough*. it hasn't irritated my skin and hasn't caused any itching so far either. It also holds up great throughout the day for my dryish skin. I don't do any touchups since it stays on so well. I do use this over my Estee Lauder Double wear and its perfect for that. I don't really have huge pores but this does smooth out my skin sooo well. Almost airbrushed looking. Even the lady at the Chanel counter looked airbrushed and she uses this. Staying power with just the powder... I'm not totally sure how that would go because I don't like just using powder so I can't answer that for you. I haven't really used the powder puff much, just once and that was fine. I usually just apply it with a kabuki brush and it goes on perfectly. I feel like this would also be perfect for those who have oily / combo skin. One downside is that there is not many shades, but it seems as if the current shades suits everyones skin.

Packaging: This is definitely not travel friendly. There isn't any cover inside for the powder so I can imagine this making a mess, so I usually just keep this at home and carry a compact powder just incase of touchups which I haven't needed to do so yet so yay! The container is HUGE so it would probably annoy some people with that. I haven't noticed any scent in this either.

Price: Yes, its expensive. It did kinda hurt a little... BUT! When I used to use urban decays pressed powder a while back, it cost me 45 Australian dollars per 2-4 months... while this is 82 Australian dollars / 510 norwegian kroner and I can see this lasting me easily a year... AT LEAST ... You really don't need much at all so it ends up being cheaper.

This is the best mattifying loose powder I have ever used. Its up there with one of my favorites which is Eve Loms Mineral powder foundation (however its discontinued now.) I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

If anything changes with this powder, ill definitely update this again. But so far so GOOD!

I would highly recommend this powder. I’d rebuy it “if/when” I can afford to. I’ve tried MAC prep + prime, Laura Mercier, bare minerals, et al & DS options like NYC & my old HG coty airspun. They ain’t got nothin on chanel!. Chanel is A#1!! The pouf is awesome I’ve never seen a better one. And 30G is a heartily generous amount of powder. This takes the fuss & muss out of loose powder. Not travel friendly exactly but better than 98% I mean what loose powder is? At least the cap screws on securely. This is back in the high life again! This helps w oily skin. I wear translucent 2 and I am NC20/25 in MAC I’m normally Clair 20 in chanel other products but I had a hunch maybe I should go w Clair 30 I was right on that 1. Gorgeous matte not flat powder #winning ——- Grade A

This is a great setting powder. It keeps my make up lasting all day. If you have dry skin, it will make it more noticeable - occasionally this happens to me, but it goes away if I have exfoliated!
The finish is soft and matte. The puffer does drop a bit of powder, but if you're careful it shouldn't be an issue.
This product lasts me ages, so considering that it is worth the price! I recommend it!

on 5/2/2018 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great setting powder. I do not look cakey with this powder, even when I end up over doing it. It is so finely milled and never ends up looking too obvious. I use it with my real techniques powder brush all over the face. I have used the puff it came with, and that did leave a beautiful finish as well, but it just takes longer to use than my brush in the mornings. I am very satisfied with this powder and will definitely repurchase, which is saying a lot because I am always trying new products! Also, don’t be put off too much by the initial price. I have had my powder for almost 6 months now and I am not even halfway through with almost daily use.

on 5/1/2018 11:24:00 PM

I have this in clair as I have really fair skin and it sets my makeup beautifully, mattifying without looking cakey just perfect. It is very finely milled and after applying with the puff and brushing the excess with a large powder brush the effect is lovely. I use thish alongside the vitalumiere foundation and my skin looks perfect but natural a great loose powder, which also lasts the entire day.

on 4/3/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely finishing touch! It lasts all day and makes skin looking flawless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product
This is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

on 1/23/2018 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The packaging is absolutely huge so it's good value for your money.
Love itt!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.