Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.6

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 9/22/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very beautiful lux powder! Glides on, very fine and looks simply stunning! It however, breaks me out like nothing else! Very sore under the skin pimples that hurt so bad! I've given myself lots of breaks from using this and then restarted it just to make sure and sadly it's the powder causing it! Such a shame! X

on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM

Amazing powder to set foundation with. It gives a really natural finish and with it on, my skin looks really smooth and nice. It does help foundation stay put a little longer but if you have oily skin, it won't be enough for you. It isn't mattifying at all. I usually lightly dust this over my entire face and then add a little bit of blot powder on my nose and T-zone. The packaging has to be my favorite of all my makeup products! Love the classy and simple Chanel packaging. The price may seem like a lot, but you also get a lot of product. Overall, I love this powder. It is all that I look for in an everyday setting powder.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is what loose setting powder should be. I've used this for years - I've tried MANY many brands, but always come back to this for the beauty of the finish.
It doesn't blot all day, as you get older, you have to watch how much you apply, but at age 59 this one is still working for me as others have fallen by the wayside because of how they emphasis lines. This WILL, but is much less likely to do so if applied judiciously.
Its smells wonderful, is very expensive, but a little goes a long way and you get a good bit of powder.

on 1/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this powder some time last year. I have been using it almost daily since that time. I really do like this powder and you get a lot of product, but I can't really say that it is so much better than other loose powders. I don't think I will be buying this again. $52 for a loose powder. Really? I bought this on the recommendation of a youtube guru that I like. I love the Chanel container and I display it on my vanity. But next time I'll probably buy a different powder and put it the Chanel container. :) If I change my mind later and decide that this is the most amazing powder ever, I'll edit this review accordingly. But right now I have to say that I won't be spending $52 on another loose powder. I would much rather save my money for the Naked 3!

It's now a year later. I finished this powder a couple of months ago and now I am really sad. This powder never let me down. I used it daily and never had cakieness. I tried all the powders I currently own and bought a couple new ones. Nothing compares. Not sure when I'm going to have over $50 to spend on a face powder but I know it's just a matter of time. I loved this powder that much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this for years (shade 20, Claire). It lasts forever and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin (very natural, not pasty or dry). Occasionally I try a newer formula, but still haven't found anything that comes close to this. The tub is huge and lasts me well over a year, so I don't mind paying a bit more for this.

on 4/24/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This sets foundation beautifully, looks natural, and feels weightless. A little goes such a long way too. I sprinkle a little into the lid and swirl my brush around and that's enough for my entire face. Just a teeny, tiny sprinkle, which is really impressive. That small amount adds a gorgeous finish but doesn't mask the dewy appearance of my CdP foundation. I've used it over bare, moisturized skin with only a little concealer and it looks great that way too. It blends well and doesn't cake up or look dry whatsoever. It doesn't cling either where it looks built-up in one area or another. My skin is very sensitive and I've never had any issues. One of the lightest, softest, most beautiful powders I've ever used. A jar has lasted me a year and a half now and only a fourth has been used, and I wear it nearly every day. I have it in 020 Clair and it's a good match for my pale skin (about NC-10 at a guess). It's not entirely colorless where it washes me out or looks ghostly. Lovely product and I can't rave about it enough.

on 3/16/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I have normal/dry skin. I am currently using Chanel Vitualmiere foundation which I LOVE btw. Since I have been using this foundation I decided I needed a powder to set it, but I wanted a powder that wouldn't take away that dewy look that the Vitualmiere foundation gives me...I found it with this powder! It is great, it sets my foundation without taking away the dewy look and it looks amazing, it makes my face look and feel like silk....I wasn't sure about spending $52 plus on this, but I have no regrets...it was worth every penny! I am so happy I bought this, definitely give it a try!!! Adding this powder to my makeup routine was one of the best things I have done!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this loose powder. I am normally a pressed powder girl as I have to be into the office early in the morning and it's just easier to grab for pressed over loose; However, this product is amazing. It keeps the oils away longer than any powder I have. Life saver for days that I know are going to be long.

It comes in a nice large container with a significant amount of product, so while it is pricey, you get what you pay for. You probably will never have to repurchase this product because you get such a large amount! The powder puff that it comes with is nice too. Super soft, and great for the "pat and roll" technique. It is also great because it does not interfere with the shade of my foundation. There is color to it, but I find it really faint, which I like because too often I find myself looking a bit ashy with translucent powders.

Highly recommend!

on 9/6/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best powder out there in my humble opinion. While I usually go fragrance free, there is a very small hint of rose due to the small amount of rosewater in it but it doesn't make me break out or have any sensitivity whatsoever. My skin is not oily, and can be dry in the winter. This powder works in every season for me.

It sets makeup beautifully all day with no need for touch ups. Looks very natural. It's the only Chanel product I use but I am definitely going to be a "lifer" with this powder.

Yes, it's a little pricey - $52 - but I think mine lasts about two years. Seems I buy a new one every other Christmas. Granted, I don't wear it every day, but maybe it would last a year if you wore it every day.

on 6/3/2012 6:18:00 PM

As most other MUA-ers agree, this is a FANTASTIC powder. I've used it over any combination of the following: primer, concealer, liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer, etc. All with excellent results. I really like using the included poof applicator for the loose powder. I wish that there were a separate compartment or some way to keep the poof separate from the powder in transit so it doesn't get covered in powder (hence my one lippie off for packaging, though the rest of it is beautiful).

I also have the pressed powder compact to keep in my purse. Honestly, if you are going to buy the loose or the pressed powder, I like the loose powder more. It picks up and applies the product better, and thus it's easier to get a great finish.