Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.4

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 5/28/2018 6:27:00 AM

Wow. Wow. WOW.

This product is amazing. I got it about 4 days ago and I'm just blown away.

I came across this beauty after doing research on some mattifying powders. My skin is on the more drier side but I find that this doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face.

After several months of using Sensais Total Finish powder foundation, I was looking for something more mattifying since we are now coming into warmer months and the TF powder just couldn't hold up. Was quite shiny at the end of the day. I tried Macs studio fix powder plus foundation since I used to use it about two years ago and nope. It was just too cakey and settled into fine lines, and really badly in my smile lines plus broke me out horrendously and caused redness.

This powder does NOT do that. In fact it completely hides my fine lines and doesn't settle into my smile lines at all which is great! For reference, I am between NC15 and NC20 in Mac and 20 Clair suits me perfectly. It does give a little coverage but you can build it up without it looking cakey or too fake looking. This hasn't dried my skin out like some powders do *cough* Mac *cough*. it hasn't irritated my skin and hasn't caused any itching so far either. It also holds up great throughout the day for my dryish skin. I don't do any touchups since it stays on so well. I do use this over my Estee Lauder Double wear and its perfect for that. I don't really have huge pores but this does smooth out my skin sooo well. Almost airbrushed looking. Even the lady at the Chanel counter looked airbrushed and she uses this. Staying power with just the powder... I'm not totally sure how that would go because I don't like just using powder so I can't answer that for you. I haven't really used the powder puff much, just once and that was fine. I usually just apply it with a kabuki brush and it goes on perfectly. I feel like this would also be perfect for those who have oily / combo skin. One downside is that there is not many shades, but it seems as if the current shades suits everyones skin.

Packaging: This is definitely not travel friendly. There isn't any cover inside for the powder so I can imagine this making a mess, so I usually just keep this at home and carry a compact powder just incase of touchups which I haven't needed to do so yet so yay! The container is HUGE so it would probably annoy some people with that. I haven't noticed any scent in this either.

Price: Yes, its expensive. It did kinda hurt a little... BUT! When I used to use urban decays pressed powder a while back, it cost me 45 Australian dollars per 2-4 months... while this is 82 Australian dollars / 510 norwegian kroner and I can see this lasting me easily a year... AT LEAST ... You really don't need much at all so it ends up being cheaper.

This is the best mattifying loose powder I have ever used. Its up there with one of my favorites which is Eve Loms Mineral powder foundation (however its discontinued now.) I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

If anything changes with this powder, ill definitely update this again. But so far so GOOD!

on 5/2/2018 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great setting powder. I do not look cakey with this powder, even when I end up over doing it. It is so finely milled and never ends up looking too obvious. I use it with my real techniques powder brush all over the face. I have used the puff it came with, and that did leave a beautiful finish as well, but it just takes longer to use than my brush in the mornings. I am very satisfied with this powder and will definitely repurchase, which is saying a lot because I am always trying new products! Also, don’t be put off too much by the initial price. I have had my powder for almost 6 months now and I am not even halfway through with almost daily use.

on 4/3/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Lovely finishing touch! It lasts all day and makes skin looking flawless.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product
This is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

on 1/6/2018 1:21:00 AM

Love this product except the price is really expensive. My shade is 20 clair It sets my makeup look smooth and sets my makeup easier. I have 2 powder for my HG products, the other one is laura mercier. actually I dont know the different of those product. Haha But two of them really look nice on my face.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

on 11/8/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I first started using this like 5 years ago and I used to love it so much. Then I changed my makeup routine and started using Essence's Matt translucent fixing powder which is fantastic and cheaper! (and less messy since it's pressed)

I started using this product again because it was just sitting around on display and oh wow I remember why I loved it so much. Really finely mild, doesn't have a scent, keeps me demi-matte and not flat or cakey looking. I would not retouch with this because honestly no one would ever be carrying this around right? But anyway I never reapply powder during the day despite my oiliness.

I apply picking some powder on the puff thingy (idk how it's calle lol) then, eliminating the excess patting on the inside of the lid a couple times. Forming a U with the puff thing around my index and middle finger, I press and roll it where I get oilier, reppeating as needed. Finally with a big fluffy brush I pick some product and dust it all over my face.

I find this powder sits muchs better over dewier foundations than matter ones. For example, getting specific, over my Lancome Teint Miracle or Maybelline Fit Me! (not the matt one) it looks great and wears good. On the other hand over my Marc Jacobs re(marc)able (which is extremely full coverage and mattifying) it looks overdone and ends up lookin cakey.

on 10/29/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The packaging for this looks lovely on my vanity and stores a heap of product. The powder is soft, finely milled and gives a soft matte finish. This is one of the only loose powders that doesn't drain all the moisture from my skin leaving me cakey looking. I love using this to set my undereye concealer with a real techniques sponge. Unfortunately, the mattifying effect only lasts me the morning before the oil before seeps through. But I am very oily! I wish it would keep me matte longer but it is the best I've tried so far as I love the finish and as mentioned, doesn't leave me dry and cakey.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

on 2/25/2017 11:21:00 AM

I don't get the hype with this particular product. Yes it's chanel and the packaging is a gorgeous dresser statement peice.but I have it in 03 and im normally nc35-37 and have dry skin with a slightly oily the zone and find this makes my makeup look ashy if I use it as a setting powder over my foundation and does nothing for oil control. It's a mehhh product imo but at least it will look beautiful o my dresser for a few decades due to never retching for the stuff . Would I recommend it pry chase again? No.