Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.3

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

on 2/25/2017 11:21:00 AM

I don't get the hype with this particular product. Yes it's chanel and the packaging is a gorgeous dresser statement peice.but I have it in 03 and im normally nc35-37 and have dry skin with a slightly oily the zone and find this makes my makeup look ashy if I use it as a setting powder over my foundation and does nothing for oil control. It's a mehhh product imo but at least it will look beautiful o my dresser for a few decades due to never retching for the stuff . Would I recommend it pry chase again? No.

on 1/21/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian woman, NC 25-30, normal/slightly oily skin on T area, dry skin on U area.

It is a very finely milled finishing face powder, that's it. I use shade 30. I honestly dont get the hype. What does it do, that no drugstore powder can? It doesnt cling/enhance to my dry patch? Well, I can name another cheaper products that can do the exact same thing. Not going to buy it again

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite loose powder, sure it may be a little pricey but it lasts a while and leaves my skin feeling velvety matte and not cakey. I have been using this for 5 years now and won't ever use another. Love it!

This powder is so worth it! I've tried a few different powders to set my foundation (MAC, Laura Mercier) and this is absolutely heads and shoulders above the rest. It's incredibly finely milled and sits so nicely on the skin. I bought the Translucent 2 (I'm MAC NC35) and it's perfect. The packaging itself is great and comes with a small Chanel powder puff. I prefer to use a big powder brush to dust it over my face and the cap is great to roll my big brush around in.

Yes, this powder IS expensive, but to me it's worth it. It's also going to last for-EVER because there's so much and you hardly need any at all. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 8/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Natural and it is a good colour for me. It does look a little lighter than my skin tone but the deeper shade wouldn't match well. This applies really sheer.

The powder is so finely milled and it feels really light on the skin. This is a really mattifying powder for me surprisingly and I have extremely oily skin. I dont think I got a natural finish from this but more of a semi-matte finish and it would look a little flat so some contouring is needed to bring back dimension to the face. I'm not sure if it controls oil or not but it definitely absorbs them well upon application. If you pair this with Estee Lauder Double Wear you'll get a super combo against greasy disco ball face. When I tested this out for the first couple of days, I tried layering it on to get rid of some oiliness throughout the day and it didn't look too cakey but have the potential to be if applied heavy handedly. Since I normally don't carry this around with me I only apply it when I put on makeup before going out and use blotting paper when I get oily in the middle of the day as I usually would. It held well for three hours on bare face and four hours on top of Double Wear. Also, I wear this sometimes on its own regardless of the non-existing coverage. I notice that it blurs out pores a little bit. Just a little.

You don't need to use a lot of this so I feel like this loose powder would last for a long time since it has 30g of product. Other people might disagree but I'm upset that the container isn't as fancy or luxurious as I hoped it would be especially for the price I spent on it. I think Givenchy Libre Prism looks better in comparison but that's just my thoughts. The Chanel logo saved it though. The container is made out of high quality plastic (I think?), is strongly built and light to hold. I don't carry loose powder with me and leave it on the vanity table although I know other people might prefer otherwise. I just think carrying a loose powder regardless of brand and packaging in your handbag would result to a total mess. Opt for a compact version instead.

Other than that, it didn't break me out but I always make sure to wash my face carefully. I hate scented face products but I dont feel bothered at all while wearing this so it must be lightly scented. Others with dry sensitive skin might experience it differently. I also like the puff that it comes with but it gets dirty so easily and is hard to get rid of the colour stain (I think more from the foundation I use more than the actual product). I apply the powder initially with the puff by tipping the container upside down with the puff covering the holes, tap twice and then take the puff pressing it on my face. I then brush the excess off with a fluffy brush. I do recommend not taking off the sticker and poking the holes with a clean needle if you want to have better control of the product.

Overall, I love it and would repurchase but I'd rather try other loose powders since the price is really damaging to the purse. But still, it is an excellent loose powder!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

on 6/2/2014 11:57:00 AM

i hope i got the right powder! i got the loose powder from chanel in 20 clair.

i love the way it goes on, so smooth and leaves my face feeling matte. the smell, the texture really works for me. draw backs? the price!!!!! its crazy. i feel like i am paying for the "experience" and not so much the product. the powder still drops off (like any other loose powder) so what's the deal about the price!

but well, that being said, i guess i am sold on the luxurious idea of chanel. ho hum. until i find a cheaper alternative or run out of spare cash.

on 5/11/2014 4:20:00 AM

Most natural look that You can recieve from a powder. And for the reference I hate powders and the way they look on skin. Bever had bought one before but when I tested this at sephora I was shocked. It just disappeared on my skin. Plus I couldnt see my little pores on my nose. Loved it and will repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't really fault this because it does stand by its promises. It absorbs oil as much as it can on my face and didn't look thick or cakey... The price is something you spend as a luxury on something like a translucent powder.... I knew there where others cheaper on the marker that do the same(ish) job. It's just more for the packaging and luxury( I knew this type of product works and lasts a long time I figured I would get my money's worth and enjoy it) I defiantly would suggest this powder it makes for face look fresh and silky