Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.8

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 10/29/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The packaging for this looks lovely on my vanity and stores a heap of product. The powder is soft, finely milled and gives a soft matte finish. This is one of the only loose powders that doesn't drain all the moisture from my skin leaving me cakey looking. I love using this to set my undereye concealer with a real techniques sponge. Unfortunately, the mattifying effect only lasts me the morning before the oil before seeps through. But I am very oily! I wish it would keep me matte longer but it is the best I've tried so far as I love the finish and as mentioned, doesn't leave me dry and cakey.

on 4/8/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best loose powder by far! This powder is so finely milled and looks so natural but it can look cakey if you apply to much. You only need a little to sweep over your face to set your foundation/base so although it's expensive, it will last at least a year. I also like that the powder is colored because I personally don't like white loose powders for setting my foundation as it can leave a white cast to the skin especially if you have a tan or deeper skin complexion.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Pros:

Smells AMAAAAZIIIING!!!
Good amount of product for the price can last up to a year
Luxurious packaging
Super duper finely milled
Velvety, smooth to the touch
Blurs pores, makes skin look like porcelain
Very sheer. Best if used as a finishing/setting powder
Great for dry skin to oily skin
Does not cling onto dry patches (beware go easy on the undereye area)

Cons:

Some may not like the floral smell (me? I'm a sucker for smells yummy ^.^
I wish it would have a sifter so the waste of product would be minimum
And not good for travel

Overall:

Love it❤️❤️❤️
Just wish that the packaging had a lid, lock, sifter or somethinf to control the ammount of powder that comes out!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't believe how great this is. I've tried so many loose powders out there (Becca, T. LeClerc, MUFE, MAC, Dior, Fyrinnae, Everyday Minerals, BE Mineral Veil, silica and/or rice powders, etc.) and while they are all good, Chanel is the best. Gorgeous silky finish, matte but not lustre-free. The packaging is absolutely huge so it's good value for your money.

Never looks chalky and gives the smoothest finish ever. Great with makeup or just on its own, and photographs very well. I never thought that a powder could do this much difference to be honest. I can actually use a little less foundation than usually and top off with this for the smooth finish. Definite HG!

I'm an NC15 and I use the Peche Clair 25 (should have gotten the Clair but was sent this by mistake), and it works fine since it's so translucent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this loose powder. I am normally a pressed powder girl as I have to be into the office early in the morning and it's just easier to grab for pressed over loose; However, this product is amazing. It keeps the oils away longer than any powder I have. Life saver for days that I know are going to be long.

It comes in a nice large container with a significant amount of product, so while it is pricey, you get what you pay for. You probably will never have to repurchase this product because you get such a large amount! The powder puff that it comes with is nice too. Super soft, and great for the "pat and roll" technique. It is also great because it does not interfere with the shade of my foundation. There is color to it, but I find it really faint, which I like because too often I find myself looking a bit ashy with translucent powders.

Highly recommend!

on 9/6/2012 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this loose powder for almost 6 months almost everyday.....number one for the price (US $52) you get A LOT of product, 30g, I think I've used maybe a quarter of it, so it's totally worth the high price tag!! I use it to set my Lancme foundation, and it gives such a flawless, smooth, matte finish......it does a pretty good job controlling oil, I can go about 4 hrs w/o blotting, which is pretty good since I have super oily skin. I got the shade 30 Naturel, it doesn't change the color of my foundation because it's such a sheer finish, it just sets it nicely, I use the ecotools big bronzer brush to pat it on. I'm very acne prone and most powders have broken me out, even the powder that is suppose to go with my foundation! Not this one though, I really want to try the compact powder to take with me in my purse......so yes I highly recommend this as a setting powder, it has a beautiful finish, no smell that I can detect, doesn't case break outs (for me), top quality, and you get a lot for your money (can easily last over a year)!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love this powder. I don't generally buy HE powders as I have found that the 1.99 one I get from Boots is almost identical to the Clinique loose powder so dropping the extra cash didn't seem worth it.
I decided to treat myself to this though, and I'm glad I did. It is the finest texture I have ever used, which is good for my oily nose and large pores. It is a good colour match - but then translucent powder normally is! I think the pot it comes in is lovely, although a bit cumbersome for travel. I prefer the puff that it comes with it to the brush the Clinique one comes with.
All in all, if I'm feeling flush I would buy this again. Otherwise, my 1.99 powder is perfectly adequate.

on 12/20/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After much trial and tribulation, I have finally found my HG loose powder! Chanel's Poudre Universalle Libre is a very fine powder that melts into your skin, giving a soft-focus/blurred effect in photos as well as in real life. While the color range could stand to be improved the color I *do* have (40 Dore / Translucent 3) is translucent and neither leaves a white or orange cast to my skin. Staying power is decent, and you'll need to touch up 4-5ish hours later, but the effect as it wears off is dewy rather than shiny. Thanks to this and Chanel's Perfection Lumiere (and a better skincare regiment) I've quit wearing concealer. Yes it's quite expensive, but the quality is definitely there. I buff in with a fluffy kabuki brush--I use Too Faced's retractable kabuki. HG and highly recommended!

on 11/23/2009 1:20:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A superior must have loose podwer that feels like no other Ive tried..
I got this in 50 Pche which is a perfect match for my NC25, Ive always hated loose podwer because they made me look like a ghost whereas this one just add luminosity and perfection to my skin, it has little shimmer when you see it on the pot but dissapears once on the face.
HG! I think everybody should try it! Its very important to find your match colour though I think this one would suit NC20-27