Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.4

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 11/8/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I first started using this like 5 years ago and I used to love it so much. Then I changed my makeup routine and started using Essence's Matt translucent fixing powder which is fantastic and cheaper! (and less messy since it's pressed)

I started using this product again because it was just sitting around on display and oh wow I remember why I loved it so much. Really finely mild, doesn't have a scent, keeps me demi-matte and not flat or cakey looking. I would not retouch with this because honestly no one would ever be carrying this around right? But anyway I never reapply powder during the day despite my oiliness.

I apply picking some powder on the puff thingy (idk how it's calle lol) then, eliminating the excess patting on the inside of the lid a couple times. Forming a U with the puff thing around my index and middle finger, I press and roll it where I get oilier, reppeating as needed. Finally with a big fluffy brush I pick some product and dust it all over my face.

I find this powder sits muchs better over dewier foundations than matter ones. For example, getting specific, over my Lancome Teint Miracle or Maybelline Fit Me! (not the matt one) it looks great and wears good. On the other hand over my Marc Jacobs re(marc)able (which is extremely full coverage and mattifying) it looks overdone and ends up lookin cakey.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of the LM powder that everyone raves about. This lasted a long time and did a great job. The powder is very fine and does the job. The container is a generous size and looks great on your vanity, of course!

on 1/21/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian woman, NC 25-30, normal/slightly oily skin on T area, dry skin on U area.

It is a very finely milled finishing face powder, that's it. I use shade 30. I honestly dont get the hype. What does it do, that no drugstore powder can? It doesnt cling/enhance to my dry patch? Well, I can name another cheaper products that can do the exact same thing. Not going to buy it again

on 11/2/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my go-to powder. It is very finely-milled and goes well on the skin. It gives a matte finish that lasts for a long time. And when you think about it, it is actually pretty cheap. I've had the same jar for over 1,5 years and i still have at least half of it left. Only thing I don't like about this is that the package isn't really travel-friendly.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this Chanel powder in 22 Rose Clair after reading reviews on MUA. I have previously used the Clinique Blended Face Powder and the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil SPF 25 as my loose powder.

This powder is incredible. It will set your makeup and keep your face beautiful no matter what conditions you find yourself in! I wore my MUF HD Foundation under this powder and it stayed perfect the entire time I planned and attended an indoor/outdoor summer party. The next day, I wore NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer under this powder for a get-together outside for five hours. It was the most humid weather I have ever experienced and it was hot - it felt like 43 degrees Celsius outside. I got home and my face was still perfectly set! It didn't accentuate any dry spots or blemishes on my face and has a gorgeous satin finish. I would definitely recommend the Rose Clair to anyone lacking some radiance, but for oilier skin types I would go with the original three tones.

I took off one lippie just because of the fragrance, the price, and the packaging of this powder. I have sensitive skin, and the fragrance in this powder is unnecessary. Fortunately, it hasn't caused any breakouts yet on my face and is pleasant if you like perfumed powders. The price is high - $65 CAD with tax - but a little powder goes a long way. This will last me at least two years for sure and with the results it provides, the investment is completely worth it. However, the internal packaging is awful and I recommend leaving the plastic cover on most of the holes so it doesn't explode in your bag. It does look very beautiful on a countertop though :)

This powder is my new HG, thanks to its staying power and beautiful finish. It is a worthwhile investment! Watch out for the fragrance if you have sensitive skin though.

on 6/1/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

II have a weird relation to this one. I've been using it for over the past 4 years (the same jar) and I'm always saying to myself that I'm going to find a prettier alternative, yet many dollars later, I just can't find a better one!

on 8/16/2014 5:56:00 AM

So this costs a bomb but you do get a good hearty 30g powder, and as this is very finely milled you don't require much so this will last a good long time - Iv'e had mine for nearly two years and still have a tonne to go.

On my NC15 skin tone I have found a good match in 20 Clair - translucent 1, this isn't a true translucent powder as it has a slight cream tone but quite neutral as it does not pull pink or yellow. I chop and change my foundations and BB's so often and this powder wears well with most of them but does oxidise on the odd one that is a little more on the moisturising side.

I don't use the enclosed powder puff as prefer to use brushes. I have found lately the best way I like to apply this powder is in small areas at a time with the RT Contour brush - this works great for getting around my nose and under eyes. I use this summer and winter and love that its a fine veil of powder easily buffed in and not powdery or at all cakey looking.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A close runner up to the Averine loose powder that I used last time, the other one is finer more delicate with a lousy puff that needs to be changed but Chanel has a better more luxurious puff.. Only thing I didn't like was my nose got a little sensitive to it and I sneezed a couple of times I put it on.

Overall nothing I can find fault with, has a natural velvety finish with nice beige tone (I used the lightest shade)

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is what loose setting powder should be. I've used this for years - I've tried MANY many brands, but always come back to this for the beauty of the finish.
It doesn't blot all day, as you get older, you have to watch how much you apply, but at age 59 this one is still working for me as others have fallen by the wayside because of how they emphasis lines. This WILL, but is much less likely to do so if applied judiciously.
Its smells wonderful, is very expensive, but a little goes a long way and you get a good bit of powder.

Pretty much the bestest powder in the world for everyone and anyone.

I have combo/slightly dry skin that used to be oily all over. Needless to say, I have quite a few acne scars as well as a bit of rosecea and beginnings of wind burn thanks to Edmonton weather. I've been trying out some of the radiant/luminous foundations and with those, I always need a good setting powder that won't stray.

The shade 30 Naturel gives me back some of the tan I've lost without me looking like an oompa loompa.

J'suis amoureuse.