Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

I love using loose powder as I'm not really a fan of compact powder (tho I still own some compact powder to use while going out etc)

I tried so many, from drugstore to high end brands..
(Coty airspun, Ultima II, NARS, feverlet fresh, elf, Mufe, etc..)
Some are good and worth the hype, some arent..
I love my NARS loose powder (my perfect shade is an equal mix of Snow+Flesh).
But I hate its messy packaging, and It's not nice to buy 2 shades at the same time to get my shade *sigh*

I was confused between Chanel and Urban Decay Naked but I decided to give Chanel a try, and I dont regret it!! OMG
It's just as great as my beloved NARS loose powder, with a slightly luminous kind of finish, and the packaging is better than NARS..
I checked all swatc hes online and I thought my perfect shade would be 20, as I also wear Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in shade B20.
But when I was going to pick this powder in 20, the BA told me to go with the 30 instead because it will give me more coverage if I chose a bit darker shade.. ehh.. wtf is that reason?? but I ended up buying it in 30 anyway *sigh* because my skin shade is like, between 20 and 30, haha
Well the BA is right, the 30 suits my skin as it's translucent and wouldnt make a big difference between 20 and 30, but he's right about the coverage.. translucent powder doesnt have a full coverage and if ur skin shade is in between like me, it's better to choose the darker one than using a lighter shade..

the powder itself is very finely milled, so soft, and makes skin so flawless and looks healthy.. LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it..

It's more expensive than my beloved NARS, but with Chanel I dont have to buy 2 shades at the same time..

NARS gives more coverage anyway.. but i like the finish of Chanel more because it gives glow to the skin..

Dunno which one I love the most hehe I love both

This powder is so worth it! I've tried a few different powders to set my foundation (MAC, Laura Mercier) and this is absolutely heads and shoulders above the rest. It's incredibly finely milled and sits so nicely on the skin. I bought the Translucent 2 (I'm MAC NC35) and it's perfect. The packaging itself is great and comes with a small Chanel powder puff. I prefer to use a big powder brush to dust it over my face and the cap is great to roll my big brush around in.

Yes, this powder IS expensive, but to me it's worth it. It's also going to last for-EVER because there's so much and you hardly need any at all. I will definitely be buying this again.

on 8/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Natural and it is a good colour for me. It does look a little lighter than my skin tone but the deeper shade wouldn't match well. This applies really sheer.

The powder is so finely milled and it feels really light on the skin. This is a really mattifying powder for me surprisingly and I have extremely oily skin. I dont think I got a natural finish from this but more of a semi-matte finish and it would look a little flat so some contouring is needed to bring back dimension to the face. I'm not sure if it controls oil or not but it definitely absorbs them well upon application. If you pair this with Estee Lauder Double Wear you'll get a super combo against greasy disco ball face. When I tested this out for the first couple of days, I tried layering it on to get rid of some oiliness throughout the day and it didn't look too cakey but have the potential to be if applied heavy handedly. Since I normally don't carry this around with me I only apply it when I put on makeup before going out and use blotting paper when I get oily in the middle of the day as I usually would. It held well for three hours on bare face and four hours on top of Double Wear. Also, I wear this sometimes on its own regardless of the non-existing coverage. I notice that it blurs out pores a little bit. Just a little.

You don't need to use a lot of this so I feel like this loose powder would last for a long time since it has 30g of product. Other people might disagree but I'm upset that the container isn't as fancy or luxurious as I hoped it would be especially for the price I spent on it. I think Givenchy Libre Prism looks better in comparison but that's just my thoughts. The Chanel logo saved it though. The container is made out of high quality plastic (I think?), is strongly built and light to hold. I don't carry loose powder with me and leave it on the vanity table although I know other people might prefer otherwise. I just think carrying a loose powder regardless of brand and packaging in your handbag would result to a total mess. Opt for a compact version instead.

Other than that, it didn't break me out but I always make sure to wash my face carefully. I hate scented face products but I dont feel bothered at all while wearing this so it must be lightly scented. Others with dry sensitive skin might experience it differently. I also like the puff that it comes with but it gets dirty so easily and is hard to get rid of the colour stain (I think more from the foundation I use more than the actual product). I apply the powder initially with the puff by tipping the container upside down with the puff covering the holes, tap twice and then take the puff pressing it on my face. I then brush the excess off with a fluffy brush. I do recommend not taking off the sticker and poking the holes with a clean needle if you want to have better control of the product.

Overall, I love it and would repurchase but I'd rather try other loose powders since the price is really damaging to the purse. But still, it is an excellent loose powder!

on 6/2/2014 11:57:00 AM

i hope i got the right powder! i got the loose powder from chanel in 20 clair.

i love the way it goes on, so smooth and leaves my face feeling matte. the smell, the texture really works for me. draw backs? the price!!!!! its crazy. i feel like i am paying for the "experience" and not so much the product. the powder still drops off (like any other loose powder) so what's the deal about the price!

but well, that being said, i guess i am sold on the luxurious idea of chanel. ho hum. until i find a cheaper alternative or run out of spare cash.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A great powder to lightly set your foundation. It's doesn't keep me matte all day but at least 3-4 hours. I've been using it for about 5 months and still have quite a lot left. Doesn't clog my pores and feels luxurious

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this for years (shade 20, Claire). It lasts forever and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin (very natural, not pasty or dry). Occasionally I try a newer formula, but still haven't found anything that comes close to this. The tub is huge and lasts me well over a year, so I don't mind paying a bit more for this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This a beautiful powder. The best I have ever tried. Apparently I am not alone in this, look at all those 5 star reviews! It has a super fine texture and just a bit of color. I have pale, sensitive skin - in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I use B10, but it is a little too dark, so I use Le Blanc de Chanel underneath to lighten the shade a bit and it is perfect. This powder in the lightest shade (20 Clair) is also too dark, but just a hair instead of a whole shade, and since it is translucent it is still easy to work with. I find that I tend to take the foundation just a little too light with the Le Blanc many times, and this is perfect to settle it back down to the perfect shade. The color in the powder is neutral, not warm or cool. It is so fine that if you apply it lightly you can set a foundation like VA without losing its unique finish. If you apply it more heavily you can achieve a true matte look, but it never gets cakey. Some powders feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of my skin, not this one. It has a very faint fragrance that doesn't bother me at all.

Price - it's Chanel, so it ain't cheap. But as other reviewers have noted, you get a lot of product for your money so it's a good value.

Packaging - very elegant package, nice aesthetics if you wanted to display it. It is a typical round powder jar with a sifter and a powder puff on top. I only wish the sifter had a closing mechanism like Laura Mercier's loose powders. You do have to make sure you keep it upright. It's best to keep it on a counter or on the bottom of a drawer so it doesn't tip. Don't try to carry it around with you, get the pressed powder compact for that instead. My pressed powder compact came with a little plastic separator on top of the powder, I repurposed that to cover the sifter holes in the loose powder to keep my puff clean. I've seen a lot of complaints about the puff but I like mine just fine. I don't apply the powder with it since I can't get the hang of applying it evenly that way - I apply with a brush (current favorite powder brush is Sephora Pro #50) and then I use the puff to press the powder into the foundation. I have washed my puff and found it easy to wash with facewash. I squeezed all the water out and set it to dry on a towel. It was taking too long and I needed it for the next morning so I wound up using my blow dryer on medium heat, finished on low, and that worked great and restored the original texture of the velour. I would not recommend high heat as I think this is glued together and you don't want to overheat the glue. It looks like new, didn't fall apart. If you did need to replace it, Laura Mercier has some nice puffs that I think will fit in this container.

In summary - love it, will definitely buy again. HG.

on 8/25/2013 8:19:00 AM

I just started using this loose powder and I am hooked! Understand that I have been wearing makeup for many many years and never have I come across loose face powder as perfecting, as fine, as natural as this. It is a secret waiting for others to notice! How cool is that!! I found it. First time using it, I actually stopped and took a second look at how nice my complexion looked I continued on through my house at other mirrors. Never had I done that with ANY cosmetic before. I chose the NATURAL shade and it blends so nicely with my skintone. I have very light skin yet not that super fair skintone. This shade is just right, like I have beautiful skin naturally. It is awesome! The price is a bit high compared to other loose powders. It is true, that you do get what you pay for. In the long run, you may pay cheaper for other brands but is it really worth it when you do not get the desired effects that you truly want. Think about it. I love this powder. Others look at me like I am a woman in my mid 50's with really nice skin. It's a nice feeling.