Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.6

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 4/6/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I'm glad I bought this powder! If you think the $52 is a lot, just remember it is 1 oz of product for Chanel's versus 0.3 oz of product for other $35-40 loose powders!!! I've tried Tarte's, Laura Mercier's, and Estee Lauder's loose powders and Chanel's is superior. It is very finely milled and translucent 3 matches my skin tone perfectly. Translucent 3 is a bit yellow/neutral. I put a little powder on the poof it comes with and pat the powder onto my foundation after giving some time for my foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 4N2 Spiced Sand) to dry. With this loose powder, I never re-touch my makeup during the day! It has a matte finish and is great for making your make up look flawless.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

I am about to finish this jar of loose powder & I like it so much that I am going to get a 2nd jar! Thats how much I love it.
I have strayed from this powder many times, wanting to try other powders from other brands in the hope that it will be better. Sad to say I always come back to this Chanel powder no matter what. It doesn't dry out my skin and cause flaky patches - which is very important. Totally love this stuff. Recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, finely-milled powder with a satiny finish. It truly is on another tier compared to other loose powders. While it is more expensive, at around 88AUD, the package itself is quite large, containing what seems to be an inexhaustible amount of product.

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre is an extremely effective mattifier and I only need a touch of it, once in the morning, and once or twice in the afternoon/evening. I love the big powder puff, and the smooth, airbrushed finish it gives my complexion.

I soon learnt how important it is to not use too much of this product - I gave it four stars because I always tend to get too much powder on the applicator that they provide, so I have to blot it on my hand, which leads to wastage. I also dislike carrying it in my bag, because as it tilts to the side, a considerable amount of powder spills out.

The packaging is classically gorgeous. As with almost all Chanel makeup products, the powder itself carries a subtle clean scent, undetectable upon application. When used in small amounts, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a lovely product that I'm thinking of buying again. Much recommended.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is the only powder I will ever use when it comes to setting my whole face. It's amazing and it's perfect for a person like me, who suffers from dry skin, loves being dewy and having a glow and dont want to become too matte or powdery by any means.

I will adress that this is surely an investment - the price is surely not what you could wish for it to be it - it is preeeeetty darn pricey, but with that said, you do get quite a lot of product and a cute little chanel powder puff with too for that matter! Plus that this powder will for sure last you a loooong time, as you do not need a whole lot and there's a great amount of it in the jar, which is of course a very wonderful thing! You DEFINITELY get what you pay for in this product, but you do need to be willing to splurge a little bit, I gotta say.

This powder is extremely finely milled and pretty much feels like silk gliding over your skin. The scent it slighty floral and it's actually a pretty nice scent and I dont mind it, even though I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. I am pretty sure that there is not enough fragrance/perfume in this to severely irritate your face and skin, but of course that's something you have to try and find out yourself.

I like to apply all my makeup first and then finish off with this as the very last thing. When you've let your makeup melt into your skin a little first, this powder wont camouflage either a natural glow or a glow you've created with products such as highlighter, foundation etc. and I love that. It doesn't make you COMPLETELY matte at all which i enjoy a lot, even though it still does a very good job at taking shine away throughout the day, but it doesn't make you look dead or too powdery/matte when you do it for that purpose either. Loving it.

I love to use this to set my undereye concealer as well, as it feels very light under your eyes and it doesn't make it cakey or too much because this powder is so finely milled and lightweight and natural looking on the skin.

I use the shade 20 Clair - Translucent on my fair to medium skin and indeed, it is translucent which also makes it very natural and doesn't overpower your face or make it seem like you have another layer of face makeup on, but keeps your natural glow as said earlier in this review.

I do struggle with dry to very dry skin from time to time sad mentioned at first in this review and i usually hate powders, both because they do not help on my dry skin but also because I hate being matte and not looking dewy/having a glow - but this powder i absolutely LOVE and if this powder did not exist, I probably wouldn't even use a powder!

It comes in a big, fancy glass jar with a lid on top. There's a powder puff coming with it and it's actually not bad! You can easily use it, if that's what you wish for. It has small little holes for the powder to come out, but if you dont like too much powder coming out/feel like you're wasting a lot by letting all the little holes be free, you can keep the piece of plastic there's on top of it and only reveal a few holes to be free, so you can control the amount of powder much better. This isn't the best packaging ever for traveling, but it does look VERY fancy on the vanity and so on! Very luxury and nice looking for sure.

I will keep purchasing this powder forever, regardless of the price. It's amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

on 2/28/2014 6:43:00 AM

Amazing powder to set foundation with. It gives a really natural finish and with it on, my skin looks really smooth and nice. It does help foundation stay put a little longer but if you have oily skin, it won't be enough for you. It isn't mattifying at all. I usually lightly dust this over my entire face and then add a little bit of blot powder on my nose and T-zone. The packaging has to be my favorite of all my makeup products! Love the classy and simple Chanel packaging. The price may seem like a lot, but you also get a lot of product. Overall, I love this powder. It is all that I look for in an everyday setting powder.

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I was a teenager, I used Yardley loose powder. It was perfect, but it just disappeared from the shelves at one point. Then I've tried other brands and none came close to this so I gave up even trying to find good loose powder. Then I've read great reviews here about Chanel and I've bought it without even testing it. It is very fine milled so you can apply it lightly for more natural or heavily for more matte look. Too bad that it won't keep your shine at bay for more than 3-4 hours. Also, the color of the powder is too dark (I have 20 clair - translucent 1) and the holes on the package are too big. I don't regret buying it, but I won't do that again unless they come out with more neutral light color.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is super lovely! I am quite oily and this keeps my make up looking fresh and flawless all day. The powder is so fine it makes my skin look incredible.

Heaps of product! Worth the $$$

on 9/4/2013 8:34:00 AM

Cons:
-none
-doesnt last long. mattifying effect is not dramatic (in case - very good and natural), but you have to reapply at every 30 minutes if you want your T zone to stay matte

Pros:
-lightweit
-doesnt clog pores