CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

***HG*** for 3+ years. Everything I want in a finishing powder. Refines the finish of foundation but also works beautifully on bare, moisturized, sunscreened skin. I have oily, dehydrated skin with some large pores on my nose. While I stay away from heavier powders, I've had issues in the past with powders that are too sheer (I'm looking at you, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish), doing nothing for redness and shine. This has just enough pigment to mask minor imperfections and unevenness without changing the color and tone of foundation. This is not an oil-absorbing powder per se, but I find that mattifying formulas tend to suck the life out my dehydrated skin, drying me out, highlighting pores, creating the appearance of texture where there is none. Poudre Universelle goes on like a sheer matte (lightweight, eliminates shine) and settles into a satin/velvet finish. My skin is good but not perfect, and this powder just floats above the fray. Yes, I do blot once or twice throughout the day, but quite frankly I have never found an all-day oil-absorber that stays pretty. I turned my dry-skinned mother onto this as well and she adores it.

I range from NC25-NC35 and use Translucent 2 (=Natural 30) year-round. Very forgiving, both depth- and color-wise.

Much as been said about cost already, but I find this to be an incredible value. The Chanel is 52USD for 1 oz. MUFE, Nars, and Hourglass give you about a third of the product for 31-46USD.

Packaging is elegant and functional: the container is substantial (doesn't slide around) and wide, which means I can tap excess off a kabuki brush into the lid without making a mess. The puff is dense and soft and reversible. I use a kabuki to apply and distribute, then press with the puff. My only semi-gripe is that the interior lid (with the holes) is not removable, which leaves enough powder for maybe one application stuck inside. Not a deal breaker for me, as having the fixed lid actually makes for a more stable package overall. I go through a jar every 5 months or so, though this seems to be twice as fast as most other reviewers here so YMMV.

I don't even try other powders anymore. Big love.

This is a great setting powder. It keeps my make up lasting all day. If you have dry skin, it will make it more noticeable - occasionally this happens to me, but it goes away if I have exfoliated!
The finish is soft and matte. The puffer does drop a bit of powder, but if you're careful it shouldn't be an issue.
This product lasts me ages, so considering that it is worth the price! I recommend it!

on 1/6/2018 1:21:00 AM

Love this product except the price is really expensive. My shade is 20 clair It sets my makeup look smooth and sets my makeup easier. I have 2 powder for my HG products, the other one is laura mercier. actually I dont know the different of those product. Haha But two of them really look nice on my face.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

on 10/29/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The packaging for this looks lovely on my vanity and stores a heap of product. The powder is soft, finely milled and gives a soft matte finish. This is one of the only loose powders that doesn't drain all the moisture from my skin leaving me cakey looking. I love using this to set my undereye concealer with a real techniques sponge. Unfortunately, the mattifying effect only lasts me the morning before the oil before seeps through. But I am very oily! I wish it would keep me matte longer but it is the best I've tried so far as I love the finish and as mentioned, doesn't leave me dry and cakey.

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

on 3/12/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this is the best powder after readings reviews here but I find even the transparent is not transparent can sometimes tend to oxidize my foundation and if you use it with a powder puff or heavy handed it's not going to look natural.. I would recommend this to someone who has great skin and uses minimum of foundation and small amount of this powder because its finely milled would last a longtime since you get a lot of product in it... for me I regret the purchase to expensive

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3