Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.4

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 1/6/2018 1:21:00 AM

Love this product except the price is really expensive. My shade is 20 clair It sets my makeup look smooth and sets my makeup easier. I have 2 powder for my HG products, the other one is laura mercier. actually I dont know the different of those product. Haha But two of them really look nice on my face.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

on 10/29/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The packaging for this looks lovely on my vanity and stores a heap of product. The powder is soft, finely milled and gives a soft matte finish. This is one of the only loose powders that doesn't drain all the moisture from my skin leaving me cakey looking. I love using this to set my undereye concealer with a real techniques sponge. Unfortunately, the mattifying effect only lasts me the morning before the oil before seeps through. But I am very oily! I wish it would keep me matte longer but it is the best I've tried so far as I love the finish and as mentioned, doesn't leave me dry and cakey.

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

on 3/12/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this is the best powder after readings reviews here but I find even the transparent is not transparent can sometimes tend to oxidize my foundation and if you use it with a powder puff or heavy handed it's not going to look natural.. I would recommend this to someone who has great skin and uses minimum of foundation and small amount of this powder because its finely milled would last a longtime since you get a lot of product in it... for me I regret the purchase to expensive

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

I am about to finish this jar of loose powder & I like it so much that I am going to get a 2nd jar! Thats how much I love it.
I have strayed from this powder many times, wanting to try other powders from other brands in the hope that it will be better. Sad to say I always come back to this Chanel powder no matter what. It doesn't dry out my skin and cause flaky patches - which is very important. Totally love this stuff. Recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, finely-milled powder with a satiny finish. It truly is on another tier compared to other loose powders. While it is more expensive, at around 88AUD, the package itself is quite large, containing what seems to be an inexhaustible amount of product.

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre is an extremely effective mattifier and I only need a touch of it, once in the morning, and once or twice in the afternoon/evening. I love the big powder puff, and the smooth, airbrushed finish it gives my complexion.

I soon learnt how important it is to not use too much of this product - I gave it four stars because I always tend to get too much powder on the applicator that they provide, so I have to blot it on my hand, which leads to wastage. I also dislike carrying it in my bag, because as it tilts to the side, a considerable amount of powder spills out.

The packaging is classically gorgeous. As with almost all Chanel makeup products, the powder itself carries a subtle clean scent, undetectable upon application. When used in small amounts, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a lovely product that I'm thinking of buying again. Much recommended.