Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.6

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 4/8/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best loose powder by far! This powder is so finely milled and looks so natural but it can look cakey if you apply to much. You only need a little to sweep over your face to set your foundation/base so although it's expensive, it will last at least a year. I also like that the powder is colored because I personally don't like white loose powders for setting my foundation as it can leave a white cast to the skin especially if you have a tan or deeper skin complexion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, finely-milled powder with a satiny finish. It truly is on another tier compared to other loose powders. While it is more expensive, at around 88AUD, the package itself is quite large, containing what seems to be an inexhaustible amount of product.

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre is an extremely effective mattifier and I only need a touch of it, once in the morning, and once or twice in the afternoon/evening. I love the big powder puff, and the smooth, airbrushed finish it gives my complexion.

I soon learnt how important it is to not use too much of this product - I gave it four stars because I always tend to get too much powder on the applicator that they provide, so I have to blot it on my hand, which leads to wastage. I also dislike carrying it in my bag, because as it tilts to the side, a considerable amount of powder spills out.

The packaging is classically gorgeous. As with almost all Chanel makeup products, the powder itself carries a subtle clean scent, undetectable upon application. When used in small amounts, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a lovely product that I'm thinking of buying again. Much recommended.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A close runner up to the Averine loose powder that I used last time, the other one is finer more delicate with a lousy puff that needs to be changed but Chanel has a better more luxurious puff.. Only thing I didn't like was my nose got a little sensitive to it and I sneezed a couple of times I put it on.

Overall nothing I can find fault with, has a natural velvety finish with nice beige tone (I used the lightest shade)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have used this for years (shade 20, Claire). It lasts forever and leaves a beautiful finish to the skin (very natural, not pasty or dry). Occasionally I try a newer formula, but still haven't found anything that comes close to this. The tub is huge and lasts me well over a year, so I don't mind paying a bit more for this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This a beautiful powder. The best I have ever tried. Apparently I am not alone in this, look at all those 5 star reviews! It has a super fine texture and just a bit of color. I have pale, sensitive skin - in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I use B10, but it is a little too dark, so I use Le Blanc de Chanel underneath to lighten the shade a bit and it is perfect. This powder in the lightest shade (20 Clair) is also too dark, but just a hair instead of a whole shade, and since it is translucent it is still easy to work with. I find that I tend to take the foundation just a little too light with the Le Blanc many times, and this is perfect to settle it back down to the perfect shade. The color in the powder is neutral, not warm or cool. It is so fine that if you apply it lightly you can set a foundation like VA without losing its unique finish. If you apply it more heavily you can achieve a true matte look, but it never gets cakey. Some powders feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of my skin, not this one. It has a very faint fragrance that doesn't bother me at all.

Price - it's Chanel, so it ain't cheap. But as other reviewers have noted, you get a lot of product for your money so it's a good value.

Packaging - very elegant package, nice aesthetics if you wanted to display it. It is a typical round powder jar with a sifter and a powder puff on top. I only wish the sifter had a closing mechanism like Laura Mercier's loose powders. You do have to make sure you keep it upright. It's best to keep it on a counter or on the bottom of a drawer so it doesn't tip. Don't try to carry it around with you, get the pressed powder compact for that instead. My pressed powder compact came with a little plastic separator on top of the powder, I repurposed that to cover the sifter holes in the loose powder to keep my puff clean. I've seen a lot of complaints about the puff but I like mine just fine. I don't apply the powder with it since I can't get the hang of applying it evenly that way - I apply with a brush (current favorite powder brush is Sephora Pro #50) and then I use the puff to press the powder into the foundation. I have washed my puff and found it easy to wash with facewash. I squeezed all the water out and set it to dry on a towel. It was taking too long and I needed it for the next morning so I wound up using my blow dryer on medium heat, finished on low, and that worked great and restored the original texture of the velour. I would not recommend high heat as I think this is glued together and you don't want to overheat the glue. It looks like new, didn't fall apart. If you did need to replace it, Laura Mercier has some nice puffs that I think will fit in this container.

In summary - love it, will definitely buy again. HG.

on 6/20/2013 4:41:00 AM

Perfect product for me. And taking into consideration the amount of product you get for your money, it's not expensive at all.
It's finely milled, which means you don't need too much of it and it will blend out perfectly. Indeed, there is the chance you pick up too much product, but it can be blended and won't be a disaster, until you get used to it. The product itself doesn't have a whole lot of oil control. I have combo skin but I get quite greasy in the summer. I don't usually blot with powder, I prefer those blotting papers, but I can say even if I get a bit greasy, it doesn't shine on me. I also don't see any problem with glitter: it keeps me matte, but not shiny, even of I have a bit ore oil on my skin. But it does look natural, so if you're after that flat expressionless face, this is not the product for you.
I'm using the shade 20 and amazingly it suits me well, considering I'm using shade 10 for foundation.
About its lasting power, it ok throughout the day, but it depends mostly on your foundation. I wear this for around 12 hours, and when I get home from work I still look impecable with a long lasting foundation like Lancome Teint Idole 24. It doesn't last me that long with Vitalumiere aqua though

on 12/27/2012 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For me this is THE make up piece. I am absolutely in love with this product, from its packaging to the actual quality of it. I would go bare on my face with this as the only make up on and it shows the difference... its perfect for summer since it leaves your skin mate and prevents it from getting that oily nasty look. I would recommend this 100% and if you are going to buy only one expensive make up, this is the one!

on 9/6/2012 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Best powder out there in my humble opinion. While I usually go fragrance free, there is a very small hint of rose due to the small amount of rosewater in it but it doesn't make me break out or have any sensitivity whatsoever. My skin is not oily, and can be dry in the winter. This powder works in every season for me.

It sets makeup beautifully all day with no need for touch ups. Looks very natural. It's the only Chanel product I use but I am definitely going to be a "lifer" with this powder.

Yes, it's a little pricey - $52 - but I think mine lasts about two years. Seems I buy a new one every other Christmas. Granted, I don't wear it every day, but maybe it would last a year if you wore it every day.

on 6/21/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best loose powder I've used, ever. It's finely milled and sets your makeup like nothing else. It also lasts for a very long time - so no worries on price - if you use this regularly you'll get your money's worth.

I use the translucent color - the others are too dark for my fair, cool-toned skin.

Highly recommended.

on 1/26/2011 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had to laugh at myself: $52 on loose powder, when I've got dry, fine-textured skin and rarely wear foundation. Did I need this? Did I need T. LeClerc, or Shu Uemura, or Caron, or Kevyn Aucoin, for that matter?

Then, somewhat to my astonishment, I found myself reaching for it every day. The powder is milled so extraordinarily fine it's quite invisible on the skin. There's no coverage. Instead, the powder is purely light-reflective, blurring over minute textural imperfections such as fine lines and pores while adding an incredible luminosity to the skin. In the vein of Touche Eclat, the base has milky peachy-pink tones, just enough to brighten sallow, tired skin, irradiated with imperceptible silver iridescence. In particular, this picks up beautifully under flash photography; it enhances the natural inner glow of the skin while muting shine, though this is not the powder to blot oil, by any means. I'd recommend this primarily for dry, mature, or dull skin.