Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.2

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

on 8/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Natural and it is a good colour for me. It does look a little lighter than my skin tone but the deeper shade wouldn't match well. This applies really sheer.

The powder is so finely milled and it feels really light on the skin. This is a really mattifying powder for me surprisingly and I have extremely oily skin. I dont think I got a natural finish from this but more of a semi-matte finish and it would look a little flat so some contouring is needed to bring back dimension to the face. I'm not sure if it controls oil or not but it definitely absorbs them well upon application. If you pair this with Estee Lauder Double Wear you'll get a super combo against greasy disco ball face. When I tested this out for the first couple of days, I tried layering it on to get rid of some oiliness throughout the day and it didn't look too cakey but have the potential to be if applied heavy handedly. Since I normally don't carry this around with me I only apply it when I put on makeup before going out and use blotting paper when I get oily in the middle of the day as I usually would. It held well for three hours on bare face and four hours on top of Double Wear. Also, I wear this sometimes on its own regardless of the non-existing coverage. I notice that it blurs out pores a little bit. Just a little.

You don't need to use a lot of this so I feel like this loose powder would last for a long time since it has 30g of product. Other people might disagree but I'm upset that the container isn't as fancy or luxurious as I hoped it would be especially for the price I spent on it. I think Givenchy Libre Prism looks better in comparison but that's just my thoughts. The Chanel logo saved it though. The container is made out of high quality plastic (I think?), is strongly built and light to hold. I don't carry loose powder with me and leave it on the vanity table although I know other people might prefer otherwise. I just think carrying a loose powder regardless of brand and packaging in your handbag would result to a total mess. Opt for a compact version instead.

Other than that, it didn't break me out but I always make sure to wash my face carefully. I hate scented face products but I dont feel bothered at all while wearing this so it must be lightly scented. Others with dry sensitive skin might experience it differently. I also like the puff that it comes with but it gets dirty so easily and is hard to get rid of the colour stain (I think more from the foundation I use more than the actual product). I apply the powder initially with the puff by tipping the container upside down with the puff covering the holes, tap twice and then take the puff pressing it on my face. I then brush the excess off with a fluffy brush. I do recommend not taking off the sticker and poking the holes with a clean needle if you want to have better control of the product.

Overall, I love it and would repurchase but I'd rather try other loose powders since the price is really damaging to the purse. But still, it is an excellent loose powder!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I can't really fault this because it does stand by its promises. It absorbs oil as much as it can on my face and didn't look thick or cakey... The price is something you spend as a luxury on something like a translucent powder.... I knew there where others cheaper on the marker that do the same(ish) job. It's just more for the packaging and luxury( I knew this type of product works and lasts a long time I figured I would get my money's worth and enjoy it) I defiantly would suggest this powder it makes for face look fresh and silky

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Very nice lp with some coverage. It comes in a 30g tub n I use it everyday. It has been 8 months n I have used only half of it. I think this can last me 16 mths. lol. Money n quantity aside, the quality is not bad if u r looking for a powder that is rather refined. Controls oil n gives a nice finish. Its not as refined as the mufe silica powder which a fren of mine hates. The only con I can think of is it can look heavy if u had lf in the morning, had your lp n during lunch u didn't blot your face well n layered a thick layer of chanel lp on top of the grime. Dry skin types should have no problem. Its just me.

on 7/7/2011 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I can't give it low marks, because it does indeed do what others have noted. Gives a nice satin finish, absorbs oil as much as a powder can, and looks good in photographs. Doesn't add too much color but won't give you the white cast that many transluscent white powders do (i.e. MUFE HD or LM). Great everyday setting powder. HOWEVER, I won't buy again because honestly what I've found is that there are cheaper powders out there that do the exact same. While it may be relatively hard to find a powder that doesn't make you dry and chalky looking, there are indeed some lower cost ones that will give a satin finish. For $50, I was expecting even more like perhaps a glowy halo effect without the obvious sparkles. As good as it was for everyday use, it didn't do all THAT. If you have money to blow, definitely get this as an everyday powder. Otherwise, if you look hard enough I think there are powders that will do the same (if anything, a lighter hand of a silky mineral foundation will give the same effect IMO). But I'm not convinced that this is the absolute best and only natural finish powder, so it's not worth the price for me personally.

on 1/22/2011 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my go to loose powder. Have used it on and off for the past 10 years trying other loose powders but always go back to this as think it is the best. I use Clair - Translucent 1 and have light yellow based Oriental skin and it matches me but as it is sheer it will match anyway. It is very finely milled so no powdery/flour look and meshes with skin and makes your skin natural matt. On it's own it gives me that super natural polished look and slightly evens out skin tone and minor imperfections. With a liquid powder it sets the foundation well (I use powder puff and press and roll method) and doesn't change the colour of your foundation and improves the wear and longevity. I have oily skin with very oily T-zone so I will get shiny in the T-zone after 4 hours wear and will need to blot and dust pressed powder. I don't expect a loose powder to keep me shine free all day as it can't. It costs 30 in UK so not cheap but it is a large tub and so lasts a long time. The packaging is lovely but not travel friendly as there is nothing to cover the sifter holes -powder can come up easily so you can have loads in the top part of the container. There is very small minute mica particles but you have to look very close (almost touching the mirror) and with a spotlight, so it doesn't sparkle in daylight or with spotlight and so it looks very natural. Unlike Estee Lauder Lucidity, Giorgio Armani Micro-fil and La Mer loose powder all which have sparkly mica particles and shine in sunlight and spotlight. Personally I hate that look as skin shouldn't sparkle! Oh and for me personally it has never caused me to break out or have allergic reaction. It also photos well with/without flash and causes no flash back.

on 6/18/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely LOVE this product. I've tried BE, but something about it irritated my sensitive skin. I've also tried UD's mineral powder, but the color match just wasn't right and it felt heavy, so I went to Chanel to see if they had the Double Perfection compact and since they didn't, I decided to try their loose powder. I was a little worried that it may not have enough coverage for me and it may not help with my oily skin, but boy I was wrong. The powder is so light in texture, that I don't feel it on my skin and the coverage is pretty good. The best part about this is it was a PERFECT MATCH to my skin tone. It doesn't help control my oily skin too well on it's own, but when I use Chanel's oil control serum and matte foundation, it works wonders!

The price seems a little steep for most, but if you think about it you get 2x the amount, than you'd usually get and it'll last you a very long time.

Oh and it looks GREAT for pictures, since it has those little flecks of reflecting pigments. It makes my skin look so good.

on 9/1/2005 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have to say it looks great, but it does not control oil at all!