Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.3

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 11/8/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I first started using this like 5 years ago and I used to love it so much. Then I changed my makeup routine and started using Essence's Matt translucent fixing powder which is fantastic and cheaper! (and less messy since it's pressed)

I started using this product again because it was just sitting around on display and oh wow I remember why I loved it so much. Really finely mild, doesn't have a scent, keeps me demi-matte and not flat or cakey looking. I would not retouch with this because honestly no one would ever be carrying this around right? But anyway I never reapply powder during the day despite my oiliness.

I apply picking some powder on the puff thingy (idk how it's calle lol) then, eliminating the excess patting on the inside of the lid a couple times. Forming a U with the puff thing around my index and middle finger, I press and roll it where I get oilier, reppeating as needed. Finally with a big fluffy brush I pick some product and dust it all over my face.

I find this powder sits muchs better over dewier foundations than matter ones. For example, getting specific, over my Lancome Teint Miracle or Maybelline Fit Me! (not the matt one) it looks great and wears good. On the other hand over my Marc Jacobs re(marc)able (which is extremely full coverage and mattifying) it looks overdone and ends up lookin cakey.

on 11/2/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my go-to powder. It is very finely-milled and goes well on the skin. It gives a matte finish that lasts for a long time. And when you think about it, it is actually pretty cheap. I've had the same jar for over 1,5 years and i still have at least half of it left. Only thing I don't like about this is that the package isn't really travel-friendly.

on 10/16/2015 4:37:00 PM

This product is amazing! It makes my skin look more natural, glowy and flawless! Before this I didn't like any of the powders I had used because of the cakey effect most of them give to my oily skin. And I wouldn't consider it pricey at all cause it literally lasts forever(i have actually saved money by buying it in contrast to other powders).
The only thing I don't like is the packaging, but it doesn't really bother me because of the pros I mentioned

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

on 5/28/2013 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best powder, plain and simple.
Yes, it's expensive, but the jar is huge and you need very little to set your whole face, so it will undoubtedly last you a very long time. BIG bang for your bucks. Finely milled, beautiful finish, beautiful classic Chanel packaging, nice smell. I really don't see how it can get better than this.

on 5/18/2013 1:58:00 PM

At first i was skeptical about this product due to the glitters. But i got it to experiment. I got the one in REVERIE. It is actually not a bad product like how most is complaining abt the glitter chunks. can say it is like 'invisible' glitters, it is reflective but u cant see the glitter particles on skin.

Dont know whether it make sense or not but how i use this is i can take abit out to mix with my foundation or as a highlightter that gives a pop of sparkle to your look. overall it is a beautiful product that will last me forever. Hehe.

Dont be scared by the glitter particles ladies. Makeup has no rules. :)

Fantastic product. First jar lasted me a whole year ! Cannot bear to use anything else now. Only downside is the size of the packaging for travelling but for the amount you get I can put up with that. You can absolutely pile this on and it never looks bad. Smooth and gorgeous and sets my healthy mix really well. No need to touch up for a good 6 hours. The powder puff works really well to press the powder onto the skin. Love it

on 9/6/2012 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this loose powder for almost 6 months almost everyday.....number one for the price (US $52) you get A LOT of product, 30g, I think I've used maybe a quarter of it, so it's totally worth the high price tag!! I use it to set my Lancme foundation, and it gives such a flawless, smooth, matte finish......it does a pretty good job controlling oil, I can go about 4 hrs w/o blotting, which is pretty good since I have super oily skin. I got the shade 30 Naturel, it doesn't change the color of my foundation because it's such a sheer finish, it just sets it nicely, I use the ecotools big bronzer brush to pat it on. I'm very acne prone and most powders have broken me out, even the powder that is suppose to go with my foundation! Not this one though, I really want to try the compact powder to take with me in my purse......so yes I highly recommend this as a setting powder, it has a beautiful finish, no smell that I can detect, doesn't case break outs (for me), top quality, and you get a lot for your money (can easily last over a year)!!