CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.4

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

***HG*** for 3+ years. Everything I want in a finishing powder. Refines the finish of foundation but also works beautifully on bare, moisturized, sunscreened skin. I have oily, dehydrated skin with some large pores on my nose. While I stay away from heavier powders, I've had issues in the past with powders that are too sheer (I'm looking at you, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish), doing nothing for redness and shine. This has just enough pigment to mask minor imperfections and unevenness without changing the color and tone of foundation. This is not an oil-absorbing powder per se, but I find that mattifying formulas tend to suck the life out my dehydrated skin, drying me out, highlighting pores, creating the appearance of texture where there is none. Poudre Universelle goes on like a sheer matte (lightweight, eliminates shine) and settles into a satin/velvet finish. My skin is good but not perfect, and this powder just floats above the fray. Yes, I do blot once or twice throughout the day, but quite frankly I have never found an all-day oil-absorber that stays pretty. I turned my dry-skinned mother onto this as well and she adores it.

I range from NC25-NC35 and use Translucent 2 (=Natural 30) year-round. Very forgiving, both depth- and color-wise.

Much as been said about cost already, but I find this to be an incredible value. The Chanel is 52USD for 1 oz. MUFE, Nars, and Hourglass give you about a third of the product for 31-46USD.

Packaging is elegant and functional: the container is substantial (doesn't slide around) and wide, which means I can tap excess off a kabuki brush into the lid without making a mess. The puff is dense and soft and reversible. I use a kabuki to apply and distribute, then press with the puff. My only semi-gripe is that the interior lid (with the holes) is not removable, which leaves enough powder for maybe one application stuck inside. Not a deal breaker for me, as having the fixed lid actually makes for a more stable package overall. I go through a jar every 5 months or so, though this seems to be twice as fast as most other reviewers here so YMMV.

I don't even try other powders anymore. Big love.

on 5/28/2018 6:27:00 AM

Update: 08.08.18
Still think this is absolutely amazing. No skin irritation, still no creasing... I gave another powder a chance for a couple of weeks and the creasing was happening much more compared to this. This powder barely budges for me, no creases, no seperating... great setting powder. This is definitely my holy grail now. :) for those who are interested, give it a go! Hope it’ll work out for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow. Wow. WOW.

This product is amazing. I got it about 4 days ago and I'm just blown away.

I came across this beauty after doing research on some mattifying powders. My skin is on the more drier side but I find that this doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face.

After several months of using Sensais Total Finish powder foundation, I was looking for something more mattifying since we are now coming into warmer months and the TF powder just couldn't hold up. Was quite shiny at the end of the day. I tried Macs studio fix powder plus foundation since I used to use it about two years ago and nope. It was just too cakey and settled into fine lines, and really badly in my smile lines plus broke me out horrendously and caused redness.

This powder does NOT do that. In fact it completely hides my fine lines and doesn't settle into my smile lines at all which is great! For reference, I am between NC15 and NC20 in Mac and 20 Clair suits me perfectly. It does give a little coverage but you can build it up without it looking cakey or too fake looking. This hasn't dried my skin out like some powders do *cough* Mac *cough*. it hasn't irritated my skin and hasn't caused any itching so far either. It also holds up great throughout the day for my dryish skin. I don't do any touchups since it stays on so well. I do use this over my Estee Lauder Double wear and its perfect for that. I don't really have huge pores but this does smooth out my skin sooo well. Almost airbrushed looking. Even the lady at the Chanel counter looked airbrushed and she uses this. Staying power with just the powder... I'm not totally sure how that would go because I don't like just using powder so I can't answer that for you. I haven't really used the powder puff much, just once and that was fine. I usually just apply it with a kabuki brush and it goes on perfectly. I feel like this would also be perfect for those who have oily / combo skin. One downside is that there is not many shades, but it seems as if the current shades suits everyones skin.

Packaging: This is definitely not travel friendly. There isn't any cover inside for the powder so I can imagine this making a mess, so I usually just keep this at home and carry a compact powder just incase of touchups which I haven't needed to do so yet so yay! The container is HUGE so it would probably annoy some people with that. I haven't noticed any scent in this either.

Price: Yes, its expensive. It did kinda hurt a little... BUT! When I used to use urban decays pressed powder a while back, it cost me 45 Australian dollars per 2-4 months... while this is 82 Australian dollars / 510 norwegian kroner and I can see this lasting me easily a year... AT LEAST ... You really don't need much at all so it ends up being cheaper.

This is the best mattifying loose powder I have ever used. Its up there with one of my favorites which is Eve Loms Mineral powder foundation (however its discontinued now.) I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

If anything changes with this powder, ill definitely update this again. But so far so GOOD!

This is a great setting powder. It keeps my make up lasting all day. If you have dry skin, it will make it more noticeable - occasionally this happens to me, but it goes away if I have exfoliated!
The finish is soft and matte. The puffer does drop a bit of powder, but if you're careful it shouldn't be an issue.
This product lasts me ages, so considering that it is worth the price! I recommend it!

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

on 8/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought this powder because i love the large tub and its so hard to find a brand with as much powder as this. I'm a NC25 and Clair is a perfect match. I have oily/combi skin and this does nothing to control the oiliness. In fact i have tried most (if not all) all of Chanel's foundation and none of them controls oil, from the yester year's cream-to-powder foundation, creme foundation, compact foundation, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder.. Yes! I have tried them all and nothing works. its a shame. these would most likely sit wel with dry/normal skin type

on 2/25/2017 11:21:00 AM

I don't get the hype with this particular product. Yes it's chanel and the packaging is a gorgeous dresser statement peice.but I have it in 03 and im normally nc35-37 and have dry skin with a slightly oily the zone and find this makes my makeup look ashy if I use it as a setting powder over my foundation and does nothing for oil control. It's a mehhh product imo but at least it will look beautiful o my dresser for a few decades due to never retching for the stuff . Would I recommend it pry chase again? No.

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

on 3/12/2016 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I thought this is the best powder after readings reviews here but I find even the transparent is not transparent can sometimes tend to oxidize my foundation and if you use it with a powder puff or heavy handed it's not going to look natural.. I would recommend this to someone who has great skin and uses minimum of foundation and small amount of this powder because its finely milled would last a longtime since you get a lot of product in it... for me I regret the purchase to expensive

on 2/2/2016 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is perfection in a jar! It's expensive but you get 1oz so it'll last a long time. Gives a lovely luminous finish to the skin and looks never powdery. Would definitely repurchase.