Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.6

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

I have this in 020 Clair. It's a good match for my NC 17-20 skin tone. Before this I was using RCMA and Kryolan loose powder which are great but I was sick of ordering it online. I'm old fashioned, I like buying makeup physically in the shops. My skin tone has become a lot paler and my usual drugstore options like Maybelline loose powder and Face of Australia loose powder were becoming too dark. Which had me searching for other brands outside of drugstore. It costs $73 for 30g, it's really expensive but I do get convenience of buying it locally and other high end brands charge even more for a third of what Chanel make. It's a good loose powder, does the job, mattifies the face, blurs and softens the appearance of skin texture.

on 9/22/2015 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Very beautiful lux powder! Glides on, very fine and looks simply stunning! It however, breaks me out like nothing else! Very sore under the skin pimples that hurt so bad! I've given myself lots of breaks from using this and then restarted it just to make sure and sadly it's the powder causing it! Such a shame! X

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is the only powder I will ever use when it comes to setting my whole face. It's amazing and it's perfect for a person like me, who suffers from dry skin, loves being dewy and having a glow and dont want to become too matte or powdery by any means.

I will adress that this is surely an investment - the price is surely not what you could wish for it to be it - it is preeeeetty darn pricey, but with that said, you do get quite a lot of product and a cute little chanel powder puff with too for that matter! Plus that this powder will for sure last you a loooong time, as you do not need a whole lot and there's a great amount of it in the jar, which is of course a very wonderful thing! You DEFINITELY get what you pay for in this product, but you do need to be willing to splurge a little bit, I gotta say.

This powder is extremely finely milled and pretty much feels like silk gliding over your skin. The scent it slighty floral and it's actually a pretty nice scent and I dont mind it, even though I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. I am pretty sure that there is not enough fragrance/perfume in this to severely irritate your face and skin, but of course that's something you have to try and find out yourself.

I like to apply all my makeup first and then finish off with this as the very last thing. When you've let your makeup melt into your skin a little first, this powder wont camouflage either a natural glow or a glow you've created with products such as highlighter, foundation etc. and I love that. It doesn't make you COMPLETELY matte at all which i enjoy a lot, even though it still does a very good job at taking shine away throughout the day, but it doesn't make you look dead or too powdery/matte when you do it for that purpose either. Loving it.

I love to use this to set my undereye concealer as well, as it feels very light under your eyes and it doesn't make it cakey or too much because this powder is so finely milled and lightweight and natural looking on the skin.

I use the shade 20 Clair - Translucent on my fair to medium skin and indeed, it is translucent which also makes it very natural and doesn't overpower your face or make it seem like you have another layer of face makeup on, but keeps your natural glow as said earlier in this review.

I do struggle with dry to very dry skin from time to time sad mentioned at first in this review and i usually hate powders, both because they do not help on my dry skin but also because I hate being matte and not looking dewy/having a glow - but this powder i absolutely LOVE and if this powder did not exist, I probably wouldn't even use a powder!

It comes in a big, fancy glass jar with a lid on top. There's a powder puff coming with it and it's actually not bad! You can easily use it, if that's what you wish for. It has small little holes for the powder to come out, but if you dont like too much powder coming out/feel like you're wasting a lot by letting all the little holes be free, you can keep the piece of plastic there's on top of it and only reveal a few holes to be free, so you can control the amount of powder much better. This isn't the best packaging ever for traveling, but it does look VERY fancy on the vanity and so on! Very luxury and nice looking for sure.

I will keep purchasing this powder forever, regardless of the price. It's amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

Its amazing! I got this loose powder after readin' all these good reviews i was previously using Mineral veil from BareMinerals. This is super lightweight NEVER looks cakey even if you accidentally use too much,finely milled,and its pretty cheap considering that it last bout 3 yrs. my shade is 40 DORÈ which is a bit dark only bcuz the lighter one was all out i still love it! Will repurchase also the puff i really useful!

Ok, so this is a an excellent powder, and you get a lot of product for the price you pay which makes it actually quite cost effective. It sets everything to stay, does not ever look cakey even if I accidently over apply, and keeps me looking fresh without looking shiny or too matte during the day. The only drawback which surprised me was how much the product smells of talc, which was very off putting but the product itself if good enough to outweigh this

on 1/11/2008 7:33:00 AM

I was talked into buying this by the lady at the counter, and I'm so glad I did! This powder sits really beautifully-- it doesn't cake like some, and it goes on very subtly, whilst still taking away any oilyness. The packaging is lovely and it lasts for asolutely ages: a great investment!
It manages to enhance my paleness without making me look wan or ghostly. In fact, it somehow makes me look healthier and more ethereal at the same time. Quite a trick! This is good over concealer or alone to give a nice polished, finished appearance. It tones down blotchiness and shine without masking freckles, and doesn't catch on hidden dry spots or turn dark from oily patches. Really just lovely. It costs a bucket, but is sure to last a long time. If I were really wealthy, I would buy a second box to keep at the office, though -- while this does hold up longer than you would expect most powders to do, I could use a touch up by afternoon.

on 1/11/2008 7:32:00 AM

I purchased this in Clair/Transluscent 1 & it matches my fair skin very well (LSF 5/5.5). It is definitely finely milled (though not as fine as Armani's pressed powder, but color-wise, Chanel is definitely better) & goes on smoothly. Most importantly, this powder actually controls shine. In fact, it's the best I've experienced thus far. Even the ever-popular MAC Blot powder is completely blown out of the water by Chanel. I'm usually a grease pit after an hour w/ MAC. Chanel, on the other hand, keeps the oil at bay for well over 12 hours! I still have to blot, but very infrequently & even then, the amount of oil to sop up is miniscule! That's pretty impressive considering that I'm oily 24/7!

i got this as a gift. he bought a very light shade for me. i think the lighest one. i have medium deep complexion. (what the hell was he thinking? :D ) anyways. i use this to set concealer under my eyes and it gives me a very special glow. i kinda like it alot. i'm going to buy mufe matte loose powder for my face. i'm definitely keeping this one. i have no idea how much did it cost. but i chose #5 because, come on it's chanel ;P

on 2/12/2007 5:32:00 AM

I have this in Clair/Light (Im NC15/Limpide/Faience). This is a yellow based very finely milled powder. I use a powder brush to set my foundation and sweep just a light dusting. It never looks cakey or chalky. It comes in a huge pot that lasts forever. Should I ever run out I would definitely repurchase.