Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.8

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This is the only powder I will ever use when it comes to setting my whole face. It's amazing and it's perfect for a person like me, who suffers from dry skin, loves being dewy and having a glow and dont want to become too matte or powdery by any means.

I will adress that this is surely an investment - the price is surely not what you could wish for it to be it - it is preeeeetty darn pricey, but with that said, you do get quite a lot of product and a cute little chanel powder puff with too for that matter! Plus that this powder will for sure last you a loooong time, as you do not need a whole lot and there's a great amount of it in the jar, which is of course a very wonderful thing! You DEFINITELY get what you pay for in this product, but you do need to be willing to splurge a little bit, I gotta say.

This powder is extremely finely milled and pretty much feels like silk gliding over your skin. The scent it slighty floral and it's actually a pretty nice scent and I dont mind it, even though I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there either. I am pretty sure that there is not enough fragrance/perfume in this to severely irritate your face and skin, but of course that's something you have to try and find out yourself.

I like to apply all my makeup first and then finish off with this as the very last thing. When you've let your makeup melt into your skin a little first, this powder wont camouflage either a natural glow or a glow you've created with products such as highlighter, foundation etc. and I love that. It doesn't make you COMPLETELY matte at all which i enjoy a lot, even though it still does a very good job at taking shine away throughout the day, but it doesn't make you look dead or too powdery/matte when you do it for that purpose either. Loving it.

I love to use this to set my undereye concealer as well, as it feels very light under your eyes and it doesn't make it cakey or too much because this powder is so finely milled and lightweight and natural looking on the skin.

I use the shade 20 Clair - Translucent on my fair to medium skin and indeed, it is translucent which also makes it very natural and doesn't overpower your face or make it seem like you have another layer of face makeup on, but keeps your natural glow as said earlier in this review.

I do struggle with dry to very dry skin from time to time sad mentioned at first in this review and i usually hate powders, both because they do not help on my dry skin but also because I hate being matte and not looking dewy/having a glow - but this powder i absolutely LOVE and if this powder did not exist, I probably wouldn't even use a powder!

It comes in a big, fancy glass jar with a lid on top. There's a powder puff coming with it and it's actually not bad! You can easily use it, if that's what you wish for. It has small little holes for the powder to come out, but if you dont like too much powder coming out/feel like you're wasting a lot by letting all the little holes be free, you can keep the piece of plastic there's on top of it and only reveal a few holes to be free, so you can control the amount of powder much better. This isn't the best packaging ever for traveling, but it does look VERY fancy on the vanity and so on! Very luxury and nice looking for sure.

I will keep purchasing this powder forever, regardless of the price. It's amazing and I would definitely recommend it.

Its amazing! I got this loose powder after readin' all these good reviews i was previously using Mineral veil from BareMinerals. This is super lightweight NEVER looks cakey even if you accidentally use too much,finely milled,and its pretty cheap considering that it last bout 3 yrs. my shade is 40 DORÈ which is a bit dark only bcuz the lighter one was all out i still love it! Will repurchase also the puff i really useful!

Ok, so this is a an excellent powder, and you get a lot of product for the price you pay which makes it actually quite cost effective. It sets everything to stay, does not ever look cakey even if I accidently over apply, and keeps me looking fresh without looking shiny or too matte during the day. The only drawback which surprised me was how much the product smells of talc, which was very off putting but the product itself if good enough to outweigh this

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I love love this loose powder and it stays put for such a long time. It's super silky and soft too. AND it lasts a long time! It lasted me for about 2 years of daily use.
I have it's puff and it's smell though. eeyyk!
I wouldn't purchase again because there are probably other products that have the same quality but cheaper, and does not smell icky!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

I have it's puff and it's smell though. eeyyk!

great product! my skin look so fresh and natural... love it!

on 1/11/2008 7:33:00 AM

I was talked into buying this by the lady at the counter, and I'm so glad I did! This powder sits really beautifully-- it doesn't cake like some, and it goes on very subtly, whilst still taking away any oilyness. The packaging is lovely and it lasts for asolutely ages: a great investment!
It manages to enhance my paleness without making me look wan or ghostly. In fact, it somehow makes me look healthier and more ethereal at the same time. Quite a trick! This is good over concealer or alone to give a nice polished, finished appearance. It tones down blotchiness and shine without masking freckles, and doesn't catch on hidden dry spots or turn dark from oily patches. Really just lovely. It costs a bucket, but is sure to last a long time. If I were really wealthy, I would buy a second box to keep at the office, though -- while this does hold up longer than you would expect most powders to do, I could use a touch up by afternoon.

on 1/11/2008 7:32:00 AM

on 2/12/2007 5:32:00 AM

I have this in Clair/Light (Im NC15/Limpide/Faience). This is a yellow based very finely milled powder. I use a powder brush to set my foundation and sweep just a light dusting. It never looks cakey or chalky. It comes in a huge pot that lasts forever. Should I ever run out I would definitely repurchase.

on 10/5/2005 8:42:00 PM

This is pretty spendy at $48, but I think it'll last a long time, unlike pressed powders, which I seem to go through like there's no tomorrow. I use Translucent 1 on my NC20 skin, which seems to match just fine. I turn the container sideways and shake a little bit of powder out, then swirl around my powder blush before patting it on my face to set my foundation. It does a decent job of keeping the shinies at bay. I can't compare to other loose powders, since this is my first, but so far I'm loving it! Makes my skin look airbrushed without being obviously made-up. Can't beat the classic Chanel packaging either -- it looks so elegant and austere sitting on my dresser, amidst the other junk :)