Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 11/8/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I first started using this like 5 years ago and I used to love it so much. Then I changed my makeup routine and started using Essence's Matt translucent fixing powder which is fantastic and cheaper! (and less messy since it's pressed)

I started using this product again because it was just sitting around on display and oh wow I remember why I loved it so much. Really finely mild, doesn't have a scent, keeps me demi-matte and not flat or cakey looking. I would not retouch with this because honestly no one would ever be carrying this around right? But anyway I never reapply powder during the day despite my oiliness.

I apply picking some powder on the puff thingy (idk how it's calle lol) then, eliminating the excess patting on the inside of the lid a couple times. Forming a U with the puff thing around my index and middle finger, I press and roll it where I get oilier, reppeating as needed. Finally with a big fluffy brush I pick some product and dust it all over my face.

I find this powder sits muchs better over dewier foundations than matter ones. For example, getting specific, over my Lancome Teint Miracle or Maybelline Fit Me! (not the matt one) it looks great and wears good. On the other hand over my Marc Jacobs re(marc)able (which is extremely full coverage and mattifying) it looks overdone and ends up lookin cakey.

on 10/29/2017 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The packaging for this looks lovely on my vanity and stores a heap of product. The powder is soft, finely milled and gives a soft matte finish. This is one of the only loose powders that doesn't drain all the moisture from my skin leaving me cakey looking. I love using this to set my undereye concealer with a real techniques sponge. Unfortunately, the mattifying effect only lasts me the morning before the oil before seeps through. But I am very oily! I wish it would keep me matte longer but it is the best I've tried so far as I love the finish and as mentioned, doesn't leave me dry and cakey.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of the LM powder that everyone raves about. This lasted a long time and did a great job. The powder is very fine and does the job. The container is a generous size and looks great on your vanity, of course!

on 8/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought this powder because i love the large tub and its so hard to find a brand with as much powder as this. I'm a NC25 and Clair is a perfect match. I have oily/combi skin and this does nothing to control the oiliness. In fact i have tried most (if not all) all of Chanel's foundation and none of them controls oil, from the yester year's cream-to-powder foundation, creme foundation, compact foundation, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder.. Yes! I have tried them all and nothing works. its a shame. these would most likely sit wel with dry/normal skin type

on 2/25/2017 11:21:00 AM

I don't get the hype with this particular product. Yes it's chanel and the packaging is a gorgeous dresser statement peice.but I have it in 03 and im normally nc35-37 and have dry skin with a slightly oily the zone and find this makes my makeup look ashy if I use it as a setting powder over my foundation and does nothing for oil control. It's a mehhh product imo but at least it will look beautiful o my dresser for a few decades due to never retching for the stuff . Would I recommend it pry chase again? No.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

on 1/21/2017 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian woman, NC 25-30, normal/slightly oily skin on T area, dry skin on U area.

It is a very finely milled finishing face powder, that's it. I use shade 30. I honestly dont get the hype. What does it do, that no drugstore powder can? It doesnt cling/enhance to my dry patch? Well, I can name another cheaper products that can do the exact same thing. Not going to buy it again

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite loose powder, sure it may be a little pricey but it lasts a while and leaves my skin feeling velvety matte and not cakey. I have been using this for 5 years now and won't ever use another. Love it!