Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 5/28/2018 6:27:00 AM

Wow. Wow. WOW.

This product is amazing. I got it about 4 days ago and I'm just blown away.

I came across this beauty after doing research on some mattifying powders. My skin is on the more drier side but I find that this doesn't accentuate the dry spots on my face.

After several months of using Sensais Total Finish powder foundation, I was looking for something more mattifying since we are now coming into warmer months and the TF powder just couldn't hold up. Was quite shiny at the end of the day. I tried Macs studio fix powder plus foundation since I used to use it about two years ago and nope. It was just too cakey and settled into fine lines, and really badly in my smile lines plus broke me out horrendously and caused redness.

This powder does NOT do that. In fact it completely hides my fine lines and doesn't settle into my smile lines at all which is great! For reference, I am between NC15 and NC20 in Mac and 20 Clair suits me perfectly. It does give a little coverage but you can build it up without it looking cakey or too fake looking. This hasn't dried my skin out like some powders do *cough* Mac *cough*. it hasn't irritated my skin and hasn't caused any itching so far either. It also holds up great throughout the day for my dryish skin. I don't do any touchups since it stays on so well. I do use this over my Estee Lauder Double wear and its perfect for that. I don't really have huge pores but this does smooth out my skin sooo well. Almost airbrushed looking. Even the lady at the Chanel counter looked airbrushed and she uses this. Staying power with just the powder... I'm not totally sure how that would go because I don't like just using powder so I can't answer that for you. I haven't really used the powder puff much, just once and that was fine. I usually just apply it with a kabuki brush and it goes on perfectly. I feel like this would also be perfect for those who have oily / combo skin. One downside is that there is not many shades, but it seems as if the current shades suits everyones skin.

Packaging: This is definitely not travel friendly. There isn't any cover inside for the powder so I can imagine this making a mess, so I usually just keep this at home and carry a compact powder just incase of touchups which I haven't needed to do so yet so yay! The container is HUGE so it would probably annoy some people with that. I haven't noticed any scent in this either.

Price: Yes, its expensive. It did kinda hurt a little... BUT! When I used to use urban decays pressed powder a while back, it cost me 45 Australian dollars per 2-4 months... while this is 82 Australian dollars / 510 norwegian kroner and I can see this lasting me easily a year... AT LEAST ... You really don't need much at all so it ends up being cheaper.

This is the best mattifying loose powder I have ever used. Its up there with one of my favorites which is Eve Loms Mineral powder foundation (however its discontinued now.) I would definitely recommend this to everyone.

If anything changes with this powder, ill definitely update this again. But so far so GOOD!

I would highly recommend this powder. I’d rebuy it “if/when” I can afford to. I’ve tried MAC prep + prime, Laura Mercier, bare minerals, et al & DS options like NYC & my old HG coty airspun. They ain’t got nothin on chanel!. Chanel is A#1!! The pouf is awesome I’ve never seen a better one. And 30G is a heartily generous amount of powder. This takes the fuss & muss out of loose powder. Not travel friendly exactly but better than 98% I mean what loose powder is? At least the cap screws on securely. This is back in the high life again! This helps w oily skin. I wear translucent 2 and I am NC20/25 in MAC I’m normally Clair 20 in chanel other products but I had a hunch maybe I should go w Clair 30 I was right on that 1. Gorgeous matte not flat powder #winning ——- Grade A

This is a great setting powder. It keeps my make up lasting all day. If you have dry skin, it will make it more noticeable - occasionally this happens to me, but it goes away if I have exfoliated!
The finish is soft and matte. The puffer does drop a bit of powder, but if you're careful it shouldn't be an issue.
This product lasts me ages, so considering that it is worth the price! I recommend it!

on 5/2/2018 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great setting powder. I do not look cakey with this powder, even when I end up over doing it. It is so finely milled and never ends up looking too obvious. I use it with my real techniques powder brush all over the face. I have used the puff it came with, and that did leave a beautiful finish as well, but it just takes longer to use than my brush in the mornings. I am very satisfied with this powder and will definitely repurchase, which is saying a lot because I am always trying new products! Also, don’t be put off too much by the initial price. I have had my powder for almost 6 months now and I am not even halfway through with almost daily use.

on 5/1/2018 11:24:00 PM

I have this in clair as I have really fair skin and it sets my makeup beautifully, mattifying without looking cakey just perfect. It is very finely milled and after applying with the puff and brushing the excess with a large powder brush the effect is lovely. I use thish alongside the vitalumiere foundation and my skin looks perfect but natural a great loose powder, which also lasts the entire day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product
This is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

on 1/6/2018 1:21:00 AM

Love this product except the price is really expensive. My shade is 20 clair It sets my makeup look smooth and sets my makeup easier. I have 2 powder for my HG products, the other one is laura mercier. actually I dont know the different of those product. Haha But two of them really look nice on my face.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of the LM powder that everyone raves about. This lasted a long time and did a great job. The powder is very fine and does the job. The container is a generous size and looks great on your vanity, of course!