Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Love this product
This is one product that I don't think I can ever be without. It creates the most beautiful, subtle, bronzed, glowing look that I can wear every day - no matter how tan or pale I may be. And a HUGE plus for me is that even though I have oily skin and this is a cream product, it doesn't make me more oily and it does not slide around once I've applied it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

on 1/6/2018 1:21:00 AM

Love this product except the price is really expensive. My shade is 20 clair It sets my makeup look smooth and sets my makeup easier. I have 2 powder for my HG products, the other one is laura mercier. actually I dont know the different of those product. Haha But two of them really look nice on my face.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of the LM powder that everyone raves about. This lasted a long time and did a great job. The powder is very fine and does the job. The container is a generous size and looks great on your vanity, of course!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite loose powder, sure it may be a little pricey but it lasts a while and leaves my skin feeling velvety matte and not cakey. I have been using this for 5 years now and won't ever use another. Love it!

on 9/10/2016 9:09:00 AM

This is makes my face plumper, glowy but matte at the same time. I have been using ysl souffle loose powder in color 1 which is pink color. It is matte alright but my face looks lifeless. Not dull, no but just not what iam looking for in a powder. And i thought with the combination of slightly pale foundation ( i use ysl cushion in 20) and pink powder it made my face a tad cooler. So i bought this chanel. First i dusted over tinted sunblock with flat brush. Wow amazing. I feel already half accomplished. Then, on top of the powder i apply ysl cushion foundation and dusted the powder again. That my friends, i just found my HG setting powder. My face glows and after four hours activity under a blazing sun and high humidity i saw minimal oil on my face, but the powder still there. It doesnt migrate or patchy at all. I dont even apply finishing powder like i usually do. This powder makes me a very happy girl.

I have this in 020 Clair. It's a good match for my NC 17-20 skin tone. Before this I was using RCMA and Kryolan loose powder which are great but I was sick of ordering it online. I'm old fashioned, I like buying makeup physically in the shops. My skin tone has become a lot paler and my usual drugstore options like Maybelline loose powder and Face of Australia loose powder were becoming too dark. Which had me searching for other brands outside of drugstore. It costs $73 for 30g, it's really expensive but I do get convenience of buying it locally and other high end brands charge even more for a third of what Chanel make. It's a good loose powder, does the job, mattifies the face, blurs and softens the appearance of skin texture.