Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this instead of the LM powder that everyone raves about. This lasted a long time and did a great job. The powder is very fine and does the job. The container is a generous size and looks great on your vanity, of course!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite loose powder, sure it may be a little pricey but it lasts a while and leaves my skin feeling velvety matte and not cakey. I have been using this for 5 years now and won't ever use another. Love it!

on 9/10/2016 9:09:00 AM

This is makes my face plumper, glowy but matte at the same time. I have been using ysl souffle loose powder in color 1 which is pink color. It is matte alright but my face looks lifeless. Not dull, no but just not what iam looking for in a powder. And i thought with the combination of slightly pale foundation ( i use ysl cushion in 20) and pink powder it made my face a tad cooler. So i bought this chanel. First i dusted over tinted sunblock with flat brush. Wow amazing. I feel already half accomplished. Then, on top of the powder i apply ysl cushion foundation and dusted the powder again. That my friends, i just found my HG setting powder. My face glows and after four hours activity under a blazing sun and high humidity i saw minimal oil on my face, but the powder still there. It doesnt migrate or patchy at all. I dont even apply finishing powder like i usually do. This powder makes me a very happy girl.

I have this in 020 Clair. It's a good match for my NC 17-20 skin tone. Before this I was using RCMA and Kryolan loose powder which are great but I was sick of ordering it online. I'm old fashioned, I like buying makeup physically in the shops. My skin tone has become a lot paler and my usual drugstore options like Maybelline loose powder and Face of Australia loose powder were becoming too dark. Which had me searching for other brands outside of drugstore. It costs $73 for 30g, it's really expensive but I do get convenience of buying it locally and other high end brands charge even more for a third of what Chanel make. It's a good loose powder, does the job, mattifies the face, blurs and softens the appearance of skin texture.

on 4/8/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best loose powder by far! This powder is so finely milled and looks so natural but it can look cakey if you apply to much. You only need a little to sweep over your face to set your foundation/base so although it's expensive, it will last at least a year. I also like that the powder is colored because I personally don't like white loose powders for setting my foundation as it can leave a white cast to the skin especially if you have a tan or deeper skin complexion.

on 2/2/2016 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is perfection in a jar! It's expensive but you get 1oz so it'll last a long time. Gives a lovely luminous finish to the skin and looks never powdery. Would definitely repurchase.

I love using loose powder as I'm not really a fan of compact powder (tho I still own some compact powder to use while going out etc)

I tried so many, from drugstore to high end brands..
(Coty airspun, Ultima II, NARS, feverlet fresh, elf, Mufe, etc..)
Some are good and worth the hype, some arent..
I love my NARS loose powder (my perfect shade is an equal mix of Snow+Flesh).
But I hate its messy packaging, and It's not nice to buy 2 shades at the same time to get my shade *sigh*

I was confused between Chanel and Urban Decay Naked but I decided to give Chanel a try, and I dont regret it!! OMG
It's just as great as my beloved NARS loose powder, with a slightly luminous kind of finish, and the packaging is better than NARS..
I checked all swatc hes online and I thought my perfect shade would be 20, as I also wear Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in shade B20.
But when I was going to pick this powder in 20, the BA told me to go with the 30 instead because it will give me more coverage if I chose a bit darker shade.. ehh.. wtf is that reason?? but I ended up buying it in 30 anyway *sigh* because my skin shade is like, between 20 and 30, haha
Well the BA is right, the 30 suits my skin as it's translucent and wouldnt make a big difference between 20 and 30, but he's right about the coverage.. translucent powder doesnt have a full coverage and if ur skin shade is in between like me, it's better to choose the darker one than using a lighter shade..

the powder itself is very finely milled, so soft, and makes skin so flawless and looks healthy.. LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it..

It's more expensive than my beloved NARS, but with Chanel I dont have to buy 2 shades at the same time..

NARS gives more coverage anyway.. but i like the finish of Chanel more because it gives glow to the skin..

Dunno which one I love the most hehe I love both

on 11/2/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my go-to powder. It is very finely-milled and goes well on the skin. It gives a matte finish that lasts for a long time. And when you think about it, it is actually pretty cheap. I've had the same jar for over 1,5 years and i still have at least half of it left. Only thing I don't like about this is that the package isn't really travel-friendly.