Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

I bought it based on the good reviews I read here but I am so disappointed. It is relatively cheap for 30g but that was the only good thing.

I tried to apply it with a brush and it was uneven. I tried to use the puff that comes with the powder and it turned out very chalky.

on 12/11/2011 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So disgusted that i spent so much money on this product. I was expecting a lovely silky luxurious powder for the price I paid. Instead I got a horrible chalky feeling loose powder . I hate the feel of it on my skin . Its probably the worst powder I have ever bought or tried. I cant return cosmetics here so I am stuck with this horrible stuff.

on 10/16/2010 7:56:00 PM

Now I know why Pixiwoo uses nothing but Chanel powder to set their makeup. It is such a beautiful sheer powder that sets foundation flawlessly. So little is needed and the effect lasts the day. .
EDIT: So I wore this for the first full day and I have to say this won't work for me. It's somehow chalky looking in daylight and it does look as though it is sitting on the skin. Not goo. Also this is weird but I could feel this powder on my skin like it was tight and unconfortable. Don't know if I'm reacting to one of the ingredients. As a result I have to return it.

on 8/27/2009 12:30:00 PM

Expensive, stinks, made me look like a ghost is pictures, didn't do anything good to my skin. Don't even know what's the purpose of this powder...

I was beyond amazed upon reading these reviews. I bought it several years ago and still have most of it. Simply because it is the most awful powder I have ever bought. The only reason I do not simply throw it away is because I do enjoy their packaging. It is scratchy, and not finely-milled to how it should be. Regardless if I use a Chanel puff or a large brush, it does not feel smooth, and the mattefying effect does not last as long as with other good powders. Even a woman who works for Chanel agreed with me that their powders and foundations are for old women with very dry skin. I have never again wavered away from my dear EL So Ingenious.

on 8/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought this powder because i love the large tub and its so hard to find a brand with as much powder as this. I'm a NC25 and Clair is a perfect match. I have oily/combi skin and this does nothing to control the oiliness. In fact i have tried most (if not all) all of Chanel's foundation and none of them controls oil, from the yester year's cream-to-powder foundation, creme foundation, compact foundation, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder.. Yes! I have tried them all and nothing works. its a shame. these would most likely sit wel with dry/normal skin type

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

on 7/12/2012 11:30:00 PM

I got it after reading such great reviews, but still don't know how I feel about this. Let's see...

The pros are that it gives an even coverage that lasts all day. I don't have to reapply it, good for covering blemishes/redness. Plus, it's expensive, but there's SO MUCH, and the jar is lovely.

Cons - it's a little too .. much, too powdery for my liking, and the smell, oh my god, it smells like baby powder.

Plus, it made me break out! A week before my period, I always get hormonal acne in my nose/mouth/chin area. Three or four big, annoying pimples on schedule, like clockwork, and it clears out after a week-ish, depending.

But with this... I'll break out all the time. Little pink spots and dry bumps all over my face, even in places I never usually have acne - forehead & hairline, cheeks & jawline... even eyebrows. I'm just happy that it wasn't cystic acne, and the spots were mostly manageable, disappearing after a day or two. It's just not fun to deal with when I'm already sensitive about my complexion.

So... now I'm back to using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, but I might give this another shot when my skin calms down & I don't have anywhere to be for a week. Maybe I have to use a lighter touch, like I didn't shake off the excess enough, or use it alone days when I'm not using liquid foundation... I dunno. It's too expensive to throw out. Or I might just repurpose the jar.