Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 3/12/2003 12:21:00 PM

Very impressive powder! I've been searching for another loose powder and since I like Chanel products (glosses, lipsticks, mascaras, etc..) thought I would investigate. I have several loose powders already - Laura Mercier, Giorgio Armani (#0 and #1) and find that although sheer and easy to apply - that they can look chalky/dry on the face. Chanel's loose powder is awesome. Very finely milled, and applies beautifully and looks natural. It provides a nice, lasting matte finish but doesn't look at all cakey. I use in the morning and don't have to touch up until mid day (use Giorgio Armani sheer compact powder for touch ups). Really a great powder!!!!

on 5/1/2003 8:17:00 AM

The best thing about this powder is the clean, convienient packaging. The screen deposits just the right ammount of powder on the puff and never spills, even if I carry it around. Very neat.

The powder itself is very finely milled and doesn't look chalky. It goes on easily and blends extremely well. You also get a lot of the product for the price.

Having said all that, it seems to be a little too absorbent for me, it soaks up all the moisture and oils. But hey, that's what a loose powder is supposed to do...

on 5/29/2003 1:26:00 PM

This is my HG of loose powders. I have it in 50 Peche which was a surprising shade for my pale-olive skintone. It has tiny little reflective particles that give my face a glow. Comes in a huge 30g container that will last for a very long time. I threw out the powder puff & use it with my large powder brush. Great for controlling those oily areas, but doesn't flake on my dryer areas.

VERY NICE!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this powder. Such fine particles, no caking, gives a healthy glow and very slight shimmer. Hate the price, but it's worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this in Translucent Claire. It has an apricot-color look to it, which adds a touch of warmth to pale skin, but without turning orange or looking heavy. Very light and finely-milled powder. Love the packaging...it dispenses a good amount of powder. Some powders gush out of their containers, or you shake it upside down and 2 grains come out. Not this one. Just the right amount. I think you can find other powders that are just as nice and not as steeply priced, but I still think I'd buy it again. I'm just crazy enough.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this powder. It's the first loose I have ever had and I must say that I'm a little bit disappointed. I have it in Clair and it matches my skin colour great. It does accentuate my dry/flaky areas as well as the tiny little hairs on my face. I think my face gets too matte when using this. The packaging is absolutely fabulous, of course and I love looking at it! Wouldn't re-purchase. Wouldn't have to since you get quite a bit. I don't think I'll ever use it up!

on 3/22/2004 5:04:00 PM

I have this loose powder in "clair", and while it is very sheer it appears to have this dreaded effect of making my foundation darken slightly. (FYI I wear GA LSF 2/4). I also detect a hint of a peachy tone to it rather than merely neutral/yellow. That said, the quality of this powder is excellent - extremely finely milled and does not look chalky or dry at all though I cannot detect any obvious shimmer. I'm so disappointed that the colour turned out to be wrong for me, having paid through the nose for this! I'll keep using a tiny bit of this every now & then especially on its own on the rare occasions when I go without foundation. The jar is huge so I expect it to last forever. And of course it does look supremely elegant on my dressing table! Oh well...

on 3/25/2004 12:55:00 AM

I got mine in Vanille Translucent Sun, the first loose powder I found just perfect for my skin tone.
I'm blonde with medium light skin and warm yellow undertones.
The powder is very silky and sheer. It is a warm and light natural color, which makes my skin look smooth and even. It doesn't get a cake-like look, and it stays on for many hours.
I can't tell I have powder on--
feels just perfect. I love it and I will definitely buy it again.

Perfect loose powder for my dry skin! I use Clair Translucent 1. It is very finely milled and blends out beautifully and invisibly, setting my makeup for an entire day without requiring a touch up. There are very, very few powders in the world that do not cake on dry or flaky patches of skin. This never accentuates dry or flaky patches. This is my absolute holy grail loose powder! Highly recommend for those with dry skin looking for a powder that will blend out like silk, not catch on flaky areas, and is truly translucent!

on 7/7/2004 4:54:00 PM

Now that I know how loose powder must be used, I am loving this. It gives me a matte base and it stays like that whole day. Packaging is great and generous. The velvet sponge that coomes with it is great because it is so small that it is also great to be used on powdering eyes and the nose and all the tricky corners of the face. This is a great high end loose powder. If I need to choose between this and Dior I would buy this one.