Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.7

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 3/10/2016 4:41:00 AM

Ive used this powder for years, its so fine and really covers well over your foundation. Only thing that bothers me and why I didn't give it 5 stars is due to the fact a lot of the product gets blocked up behind the holes and unless you pull the lid off (very difficult you need pliers) you would lose a lot of powder.

on 1/4/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this powder some time last year. I have been using it almost daily since that time. I really do like this powder and you get a lot of product, but I can't really say that it is so much better than other loose powders. I don't think I will be buying this again. $52 for a loose powder. Really? I bought this on the recommendation of a youtube guru that I like. I love the Chanel container and I display it on my vanity. But next time I'll probably buy a different powder and put it the Chanel container. :) If I change my mind later and decide that this is the most amazing powder ever, I'll edit this review accordingly. But right now I have to say that I won't be spending $52 on another loose powder. I would much rather save my money for the Naked 3!

It's now a year later. I finished this powder a couple of months ago and now I am really sad. This powder never let me down. I used it daily and never had cakieness. I tried all the powders I currently own and bought a couple new ones. Nothing compares. Not sure when I'm going to have over $50 to spend on a face powder but I know it's just a matter of time. I loved this powder that much.

Amazing finishing powder by Chanel! Does not break me out and gives me this wonderful glow but no sparkle. I don't use the puff included but rather a sponge puff and brush. Great packaging. Looks so pretty on my vanity.

This review is about the new holiday shade-"Reverie". I have to say that it's a gorgeous powder to look at: a perfect light apricot color. That being said, it has ALOT of shimmer in it! It's really not a powder you would want to wear on your face straight out of the container, BUT, I got a big plastic container and started pouring powders in:Armani translucent, Nars Eden,Sue Devitt in Great Sandy Desert THEN I added some of the Reverie, put the lid on and shook it up! Now I have a beautiful, WEARABLE powder that looks great on my light/medium skin with yellow undertones(see profile pic for reference). It adds a nice glow! SO, if you need face powder but can't afford to buy 2 different containers(one regular, one Reverie), I wouldn't buy this. If you CAN buy 2 (or you have a nice powder already), BUY IT!

on 11/12/2011 8:58:00 PM

My favorite loose powder was discontinued by MUFE (of course!), but I wisely jumped on Chanel's loose powder in Dore before I started using my last MUFE jar. My NC35 Eurasian skin is so reactive to powders that I am very particular. I am so pleased to report that this powder delivers on all counts: it is very fine, doesn't settle into pores, doesn't break me out, and leaves a beautiful finish which works for everyday use as well as for photo and video shoots. I thought Dore would be too dark, but it works nicely with my skin tone and gives it a touch more oomph without looking makeup-y. I also have Translucency 2 for when I want to go more neutral. The jar is enormous and goes a long way so even though this is a bit costly, it is worth the investment.

I already have re-purchased this product and will do so again and again...this is my new HG!!

on 1/2/2010 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I received this product as a gift.

Of course I love the packaging. Of course I love the texture. The colour is a bit off on my skin, although it is the lightest shade -- but it is heavenly on application so I will make it work.

I think the jar is so big that I will use this for a long time especially because I have so many loose powders already.

love it!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Im on my 2nd pot in 8 yrs now.
I use clair on my nw15 skin.
I reuse the puff that comes with the pot untill its washed out.
Then ask for replacements from the chanel counter for free.
IT leaves my skin oilfree and adds a little colour.

I purchased this in Clair/Transluscent 1 & it matches my fair skin very well (LSF 5/5.5). It is definitely finely milled (though not as fine as Armani's pressed powder, but color-wise, Chanel is definitely better) & goes on smoothly. Most importantly, this powder actually controls shine. In fact, it's the best I've experienced thus far. Even the ever-popular MAC Blot powder is completely blown out of the water by Chanel. I'm usually a grease pit after an hour w/ MAC. Chanel, on the other hand, keeps the oil at bay for well over 12 hours! I still have to blot, but very infrequently & even then, the amount of oil to sop up is miniscule! That's pretty impressive considering that I'm oily 24/7!

I am so very happy to have discovered this luxurious silky powder. I agree with everything that cynderella724 says below. I too have N/D skin (more dry than normal this time of year) and I had come to the conclusion that I could not use powder. Until now! I am LLL/FFF Cool Toned, mid-forties and I use Translucent 1. It has no yellow/orange undertones and disappears completely as a setting powder to Vitalumiere Liquid (1.8 for reference) and cream blushes. This leaves my skin looking & feeling flawless throughout the entire day & into the evening! I purchased the pressed powder compact for touch-ups, however I don't need to touch up this time of year. I'm thinking that perhaps I will in the humid summer months? Previously I have tried Becca, Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, T LeClerc, Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome & a few others. They all settled in fine lines, looked chalky, or too yellow & fake, and definitely made my skin look drier & flakier than it actually is. I had begun to feel like a fool for seeking powder in the first place. Thanks to MUA boards & reviews I have found a powder that performs beautifully for me!

on 11/24/2004 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Everything you would expect from Chanel! Very finely milled and sets my makeup to perfection. I am using Clair Translucent 1, which looks ever so slightly pinky/peach in the container yet disappears on the skin leaving a soft, candlelit type of glow. Looks elegant on my vanity. I can't say enough about this wonderful powder.