CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
CHANEL Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.6

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

***HG*** for 3+ years. Everything I want in a finishing powder. Refines the finish of foundation but also works beautifully on bare, moisturized, sunscreened skin. I have oily, dehydrated skin with some large pores on my nose. While I stay away from heavier powders, I've had issues in the past with powders that are too sheer (I'm looking at you, Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish), doing nothing for redness and shine. This has just enough pigment to mask minor imperfections and unevenness without changing the color and tone of foundation. This is not an oil-absorbing powder per se, but I find that mattifying formulas tend to suck the life out my dehydrated skin, drying me out, highlighting pores, creating the appearance of texture where there is none. Poudre Universelle goes on like a sheer matte (lightweight, eliminates shine) and settles into a satin/velvet finish. My skin is good but not perfect, and this powder just floats above the fray. Yes, I do blot once or twice throughout the day, but quite frankly I have never found an all-day oil-absorber that stays pretty. I turned my dry-skinned mother onto this as well and she adores it.

I range from NC25-NC35 and use Translucent 2 (=Natural 30) year-round. Very forgiving, both depth- and color-wise.

Much as been said about cost already, but I find this to be an incredible value. The Chanel is 52USD for 1 oz. MUFE, Nars, and Hourglass give you about a third of the product for 31-46USD.

Packaging is elegant and functional: the container is substantial (doesn't slide around) and wide, which means I can tap excess off a kabuki brush into the lid without making a mess. The puff is dense and soft and reversible. I use a kabuki to apply and distribute, then press with the puff. My only semi-gripe is that the interior lid (with the holes) is not removable, which leaves enough powder for maybe one application stuck inside. Not a deal breaker for me, as having the fixed lid actually makes for a more stable package overall. I go through a jar every 5 months or so, though this seems to be twice as fast as most other reviewers here so YMMV.

I don't even try other powders anymore. Big love.

I would highly recommend this powder. I’d rebuy it “if/when” I can afford to. I’ve tried MAC prep + prime, Laura Mercier, bare minerals, et al & DS options like NYC & my old HG coty airspun. They ain’t got nothin on chanel!. Chanel is A#1!! The pouf is awesome I’ve never seen a better one. And 30G is a heartily generous amount of powder. This takes the fuss & muss out of loose powder. Not travel friendly exactly but better than 98% I mean what loose powder is? At least the cap screws on securely. This is back in the high life again! This helps w oily skin. I wear translucent 2 and I am NC20/25 in MAC I’m normally Clair 20 in chanel other products but I had a hunch maybe I should go w Clair 30 I was right on that 1. Gorgeous matte not flat powder #winning ——- Grade A

on 5/1/2018 11:24:00 PM

I have this in clair as I have really fair skin and it sets my makeup beautifully, mattifying without looking cakey just perfect. It is very finely milled and after applying with the puff and brushing the excess with a large powder brush the effect is lovely. I use thish alongside the vitalumiere foundation and my skin looks perfect but natural a great loose powder, which also lasts the entire day.

This is my HG powder since it doesn't make my face old nor it accentuates textures in my skin. I hate to admit that I already have one as a back-up just in case Chanel discontinues this powder.

A lot of people would say "what's the hype about this powder" " I can always name a cheaper brand that can essentially do the same". Unfortunately, I have tried them all i.e. Laura Mercier Loose Translucent, Coty Airspun, MAC setting powder, RCMA No Color Powder, NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Loose Powder, CoverFX Perfect Setting powder and this list goes on and I am still coming back to my Chanel.

You know why, because it works for me. If you can find something that works for you. Great! If not, try this one out and see if you would like it.

For reference:

I have an NC 20-25 skin tone and I am using 20 Clair which is a perfect match.

Also, this is the only loose powder that works for every single foundation I own :)

on 8/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought this powder because i love the large tub and its so hard to find a brand with as much powder as this. I'm a NC25 and Clair is a perfect match. I have oily/combi skin and this does nothing to control the oiliness. In fact i have tried most (if not all) all of Chanel's foundation and none of them controls oil, from the yester year's cream-to-powder foundation, creme foundation, compact foundation, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder.. Yes! I have tried them all and nothing works. its a shame. these would most likely sit wel with dry/normal skin type

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

on 8/16/2014 5:56:00 AM

So this costs a bomb but you do get a good hearty 30g powder, and as this is very finely milled you don't require much so this will last a good long time - Iv'e had mine for nearly two years and still have a tonne to go.

On my NC15 skin tone I have found a good match in 20 Clair - translucent 1, this isn't a true translucent powder as it has a slight cream tone but quite neutral as it does not pull pink or yellow. I chop and change my foundations and BB's so often and this powder wears well with most of them but does oxidise on the odd one that is a little more on the moisturising side.

I don't use the enclosed powder puff as prefer to use brushes. I have found lately the best way I like to apply this powder is in small areas at a time with the RT Contour brush - this works great for getting around my nose and under eyes. I use this summer and winter and love that its a fine veil of powder easily buffed in and not powdery or at all cakey looking.

on 5/20/2014 10:06:00 PM

Sad to let it go but as long as it has parabens and hormone disruptors I will not use!!!

Previous review: (If you have great skin or want a light cover loose powder, this is it.
Perfect for day & daily use, for night or more cover I go with the Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere.)

on 4/22/2014 12:26:00 PM

I love this poudre so now. I think that the High Definition powder is the future...

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I was a teenager, I used Yardley loose powder. It was perfect, but it just disappeared from the shelves at one point. Then I've tried other brands and none came close to this so I gave up even trying to find good loose powder. Then I've read great reviews here about Chanel and I've bought it without even testing it. It is very fine milled so you can apply it lightly for more natural or heavily for more matte look. Too bad that it won't keep your shine at bay for more than 3-4 hours. Also, the color of the powder is too dark (I have 20 clair - translucent 1) and the holes on the package are too big. I don't regret buying it, but I won't do that again unless they come out with more neutral light color.