Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 8/24/2017 11:51:00 AM

I bought this powder because i love the large tub and its so hard to find a brand with as much powder as this. I'm a NC25 and Clair is a perfect match. I have oily/combi skin and this does nothing to control the oiliness. In fact i have tried most (if not all) all of Chanel's foundation and none of them controls oil, from the yester year's cream-to-powder foundation, creme foundation, compact foundation, liquid foundation, pressed powder, loose powder.. Yes! I have tried them all and nothing works. its a shame. these would most likely sit wel with dry/normal skin type

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

on 8/16/2014 5:56:00 AM

So this costs a bomb but you do get a good hearty 30g powder, and as this is very finely milled you don't require much so this will last a good long time - Iv'e had mine for nearly two years and still have a tonne to go.

On my NC15 skin tone I have found a good match in 20 Clair - translucent 1, this isn't a true translucent powder as it has a slight cream tone but quite neutral as it does not pull pink or yellow. I chop and change my foundations and BB's so often and this powder wears well with most of them but does oxidise on the odd one that is a little more on the moisturising side.

I don't use the enclosed powder puff as prefer to use brushes. I have found lately the best way I like to apply this powder is in small areas at a time with the RT Contour brush - this works great for getting around my nose and under eyes. I use this summer and winter and love that its a fine veil of powder easily buffed in and not powdery or at all cakey looking.

on 5/20/2014 10:06:00 PM

Sad to let it go but as long as it has parabens and hormone disruptors I will not use!!!

Previous review: (If you have great skin or want a light cover loose powder, this is it.
Perfect for day & daily use, for night or more cover I go with the Chanel Double Perfection Lumiere.)

on 4/22/2014 12:26:00 PM

I love this poudre so now. I think that the High Definition powder is the future...

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

When I was a teenager, I used Yardley loose powder. It was perfect, but it just disappeared from the shelves at one point. Then I've tried other brands and none came close to this so I gave up even trying to find good loose powder. Then I've read great reviews here about Chanel and I've bought it without even testing it. It is very fine milled so you can apply it lightly for more natural or heavily for more matte look. Too bad that it won't keep your shine at bay for more than 3-4 hours. Also, the color of the powder is too dark (I have 20 clair - translucent 1) and the holes on the package are too big. I don't regret buying it, but I won't do that again unless they come out with more neutral light color.

on 12/3/2013 4:12:00 AM

I'm NC 20 and bought this in no. 20 which is a perfect match. I was going to get no. 30 but salesperson said that would be a tad darker than my skin tone so I went with the lighter option. It feels really good and silky on skin. Definitely worth the $ as there is so much product. I switched to this after finishing my MUFE HD powder. Honestly I do miss the smaller jar but I'm liking Chanel better so far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This a beautiful powder. The best I have ever tried. Apparently I am not alone in this, look at all those 5 star reviews! It has a super fine texture and just a bit of color. I have pale, sensitive skin - in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I use B10, but it is a little too dark, so I use Le Blanc de Chanel underneath to lighten the shade a bit and it is perfect. This powder in the lightest shade (20 Clair) is also too dark, but just a hair instead of a whole shade, and since it is translucent it is still easy to work with. I find that I tend to take the foundation just a little too light with the Le Blanc many times, and this is perfect to settle it back down to the perfect shade. The color in the powder is neutral, not warm or cool. It is so fine that if you apply it lightly you can set a foundation like VA without losing its unique finish. If you apply it more heavily you can achieve a true matte look, but it never gets cakey. Some powders feel like they are sucking all the moisture out of my skin, not this one. It has a very faint fragrance that doesn't bother me at all.

Price - it's Chanel, so it ain't cheap. But as other reviewers have noted, you get a lot of product for your money so it's a good value.

Packaging - very elegant package, nice aesthetics if you wanted to display it. It is a typical round powder jar with a sifter and a powder puff on top. I only wish the sifter had a closing mechanism like Laura Mercier's loose powders. You do have to make sure you keep it upright. It's best to keep it on a counter or on the bottom of a drawer so it doesn't tip. Don't try to carry it around with you, get the pressed powder compact for that instead. My pressed powder compact came with a little plastic separator on top of the powder, I repurposed that to cover the sifter holes in the loose powder to keep my puff clean. I've seen a lot of complaints about the puff but I like mine just fine. I don't apply the powder with it since I can't get the hang of applying it evenly that way - I apply with a brush (current favorite powder brush is Sephora Pro #50) and then I use the puff to press the powder into the foundation. I have washed my puff and found it easy to wash with facewash. I squeezed all the water out and set it to dry on a towel. It was taking too long and I needed it for the next morning so I wound up using my blow dryer on medium heat, finished on low, and that worked great and restored the original texture of the velour. I would not recommend high heat as I think this is glued together and you don't want to overheat the glue. It looks like new, didn't fall apart. If you did need to replace it, Laura Mercier has some nice puffs that I think will fit in this container.

In summary - love it, will definitely buy again. HG.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another dream product by Chanel... What can I say? About the amazing colours? I am using no. 40 - Dore and it's absolutely perfect for my colour - it looks especially amazing in the summer worn on its own, it gives a really amazing glow!
I had this for quite a while but have not been using it a lot for some reason! The last few weeks I am using this on top of Shiseido's liquid sun makeup (in SP70) and it looks especially amazing - I feel very glamorous when I use those 2 products together, they match my colour perfectly together and I feel like I just came from holiday!
Packaging really glamorous for a powder - I love the puff it comes with, and absolutely love the design of this elegant jar... Unlike other powders, this will not set on pores or lines, and it looks amazing all day long. Would definitely re-purchase, ok it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages, and it's so above the rest...

on 8/9/2013 8:25:00 AM

I used to use mineral makeup but I found that it was too thick for my skin. I loved the feel of the mineral veil but it really didn't cover any small imperfections. On a whim I tried this product and I am hooked. Although it is a little pricey, I can never go back. I use the Dior Airflash in medium beige and use this as a setting powder and my skin literally looks airbrushed.

There is so much product that comes in the container, so although the price is a bit of a turn off. (US 54.00) The product will last you at least 8-9 months. The power has the same feel of a mineral veil but still covers the small imperfections we have. Enjoy it! Splurge:)