Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.4

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

on 11/8/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I first started using this like 5 years ago and I used to love it so much. Then I changed my makeup routine and started using Essence's Matt translucent fixing powder which is fantastic and cheaper! (and less messy since it's pressed)

I started using this product again because it was just sitting around on display and oh wow I remember why I loved it so much. Really finely mild, doesn't have a scent, keeps me demi-matte and not flat or cakey looking. I would not retouch with this because honestly no one would ever be carrying this around right? But anyway I never reapply powder during the day despite my oiliness.

I apply picking some powder on the puff thingy (idk how it's calle lol) then, eliminating the excess patting on the inside of the lid a couple times. Forming a U with the puff thing around my index and middle finger, I press and roll it where I get oilier, reppeating as needed. Finally with a big fluffy brush I pick some product and dust it all over my face.

I find this powder sits muchs better over dewier foundations than matter ones. For example, getting specific, over my Lancome Teint Miracle or Maybelline Fit Me! (not the matt one) it looks great and wears good. On the other hand over my Marc Jacobs re(marc)able (which is extremely full coverage and mattifying) it looks overdone and ends up lookin cakey.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my very first high end loose powder and it was fantastic! I have it in the shade 20 Clair translucent 1

I pressed this powder into my face with a damp BB and brush it off immediately. It dissolves into my skin beautifully. It sets my makeup nicely and makes my skin look satin like and glowing not matte and flat. It's doesn't leave a white cast just natural and skin-like. I find this powder to be like a hybrid between finishing powder and setting powder.

I have dry skin so I do not need much in terms of oil control. After 5-6hrs my natural oil will start to peak through around my T-zone but my under eyes stays perfect, not cakey or flaky or dry patches. Oiler skin can definitely benefit from baking with this powder

IMO I find cheap powders to be more harsh on the skin in general while it will control oil well it might strip the skin of too much natural oils/moisture and in turn the skin will try to compensate by producing more oil

Overall it's a great buy that I would recommend to anyone

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

on 2/2/2016 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is perfection in a jar! It's expensive but you get 1oz so it'll last a long time. Gives a lovely luminous finish to the skin and looks never powdery. Would definitely repurchase.

on 11/2/2015 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is my go-to powder. It is very finely-milled and goes well on the skin. It gives a matte finish that lasts for a long time. And when you think about it, it is actually pretty cheap. I've had the same jar for over 1,5 years and i still have at least half of it left. Only thing I don't like about this is that the package isn't really travel-friendly.

on 10/16/2015 4:37:00 PM

This product is amazing! It makes my skin look more natural, glowy and flawless! Before this I didn't like any of the powders I had used because of the cakey effect most of them give to my oily skin. And I wouldn't consider it pricey at all cause it literally lasts forever(i have actually saved money by buying it in contrast to other powders).
The only thing I don't like is the packaging, but it doesn't really bother me because of the pros I mentioned

on 8/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder in 30 Natural and it is a good colour for me. It does look a little lighter than my skin tone but the deeper shade wouldn't match well. This applies really sheer.

The powder is so finely milled and it feels really light on the skin. This is a really mattifying powder for me surprisingly and I have extremely oily skin. I dont think I got a natural finish from this but more of a semi-matte finish and it would look a little flat so some contouring is needed to bring back dimension to the face. I'm not sure if it controls oil or not but it definitely absorbs them well upon application. If you pair this with Estee Lauder Double Wear you'll get a super combo against greasy disco ball face. When I tested this out for the first couple of days, I tried layering it on to get rid of some oiliness throughout the day and it didn't look too cakey but have the potential to be if applied heavy handedly. Since I normally don't carry this around with me I only apply it when I put on makeup before going out and use blotting paper when I get oily in the middle of the day as I usually would. It held well for three hours on bare face and four hours on top of Double Wear. Also, I wear this sometimes on its own regardless of the non-existing coverage. I notice that it blurs out pores a little bit. Just a little.

You don't need to use a lot of this so I feel like this loose powder would last for a long time since it has 30g of product. Other people might disagree but I'm upset that the container isn't as fancy or luxurious as I hoped it would be especially for the price I spent on it. I think Givenchy Libre Prism looks better in comparison but that's just my thoughts. The Chanel logo saved it though. The container is made out of high quality plastic (I think?), is strongly built and light to hold. I don't carry loose powder with me and leave it on the vanity table although I know other people might prefer otherwise. I just think carrying a loose powder regardless of brand and packaging in your handbag would result to a total mess. Opt for a compact version instead.

Other than that, it didn't break me out but I always make sure to wash my face carefully. I hate scented face products but I dont feel bothered at all while wearing this so it must be lightly scented. Others with dry sensitive skin might experience it differently. I also like the puff that it comes with but it gets dirty so easily and is hard to get rid of the colour stain (I think more from the foundation I use more than the actual product). I apply the powder initially with the puff by tipping the container upside down with the puff covering the holes, tap twice and then take the puff pressing it on my face. I then brush the excess off with a fluffy brush. I do recommend not taking off the sticker and poking the holes with a clean needle if you want to have better control of the product.

Overall, I love it and would repurchase but I'd rather try other loose powders since the price is really damaging to the purse. But still, it is an excellent loose powder!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this Chanel powder in 22 Rose Clair after reading reviews on MUA. I have previously used the Clinique Blended Face Powder and the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil SPF 25 as my loose powder.

This powder is incredible. It will set your makeup and keep your face beautiful no matter what conditions you find yourself in! I wore my MUF HD Foundation under this powder and it stayed perfect the entire time I planned and attended an indoor/outdoor summer party. The next day, I wore NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer under this powder for a get-together outside for five hours. It was the most humid weather I have ever experienced and it was hot - it felt like 43 degrees Celsius outside. I got home and my face was still perfectly set! It didn't accentuate any dry spots or blemishes on my face and has a gorgeous satin finish. I would definitely recommend the Rose Clair to anyone lacking some radiance, but for oilier skin types I would go with the original three tones.

I took off one lippie just because of the fragrance, the price, and the packaging of this powder. I have sensitive skin, and the fragrance in this powder is unnecessary. Fortunately, it hasn't caused any breakouts yet on my face and is pleasant if you like perfumed powders. The price is high - $65 CAD with tax - but a little powder goes a long way. This will last me at least two years for sure and with the results it provides, the investment is completely worth it. However, the internal packaging is awful and I recommend leaving the plastic cover on most of the holes so it doesn't explode in your bag. It does look very beautiful on a countertop though :)

This powder is my new HG, thanks to its staying power and beautiful finish. It is a worthwhile investment! Watch out for the fragrance if you have sensitive skin though.

on 4/6/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

I'm glad I bought this powder! If you think the $52 is a lot, just remember it is 1 oz of product for Chanel's versus 0.3 oz of product for other $35-40 loose powders!!! I've tried Tarte's, Laura Mercier's, and Estee Lauder's loose powders and Chanel's is superior. It is very finely milled and translucent 3 matches my skin tone perfectly. Translucent 3 is a bit yellow/neutral. I put a little powder on the poof it comes with and pat the powder onto my foundation after giving some time for my foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 4N2 Spiced Sand) to dry. With this loose powder, I never re-touch my makeup during the day! It has a matte finish and is great for making your make up look flawless.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!