4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

this cleansing oil is good for removing makeup from your face but unfortunately doesnt remove waterproof mascara easily. you have to double wash with a facial wash afterwards if you want to completely remove all traces of makeup from your face.

About reviewer (466 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

This is an awesome first cleanse. Put it in dry skin and it melts everything. I rinse it off then use a cleanser. It doesn’t burn or make my vision blurry. It’s cheap. It doesn’t have coconut oil in it, which I’m allergic to. Easy to get on amazon. I love this. I have loved Clinique Balm but this is so much cheaper so I’m not sure I’ll purchase it again.

About reviewer (554 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Other

a year ago

Affordable and gets the job done. It melts my makeup and emulsifies well, still need to follow through with a second cleanser to be extra sure my makeup is gone. Leaves my skin the slightest bit dry, but nothing some moisturizer can’t fix. Also, doesn’t break my acne prone skin out which is all that matters. I’m on my second bottle and don’t look forward to switching oil cleansers anytime soon!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Other

a year ago

No fragrance, essential oils, extras. My eyes thank this and *highly recommend* for sensitive eyes/skin. Only Fancl has been this mild to remove waterproof mascara and sunscreen with zero irritation. I do use a mild cleanser rinse after. Much less expensive to order online and not readily available in US. Eta: been using this for a few months and still love. A "best buy" oil cleanser

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2 years ago

This is one of my top 3 cleansing oils - a dupe for FANCL which is my No 1. These are cheap in HK but not so cheap to import to Australia. Still I’ve given it a good score for price. These rinse off cleanly, don’t make me breakout and aren’t drying. I have repurchased a few times. I can’t tell a huge diff between the various Softymo cleansing oils except maybe thickness of the oil but the result is the same for me.

About reviewer (77 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

It's good. I love this for my first cleanse - it removes all of a light makeup look! I just add a bi-phase makeup remover if I have a heavy eye look. It spreads easily across my face. One pump is enough to remove just sunscreen, two to three pumps is effective for makeup. No smell and totally non-irritating to my combo-oily, acne-prone, mildly sensitive skin.

About reviewer (324 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Kinky, Medium

2 years ago

As far as oil cleansers go, it doesn't get any better than this. The Softymo Speedy Oil Cleanser is the BEST oil cleanser I've tried so far. Some of my favourite features: 1. It has a thin consistency, which is different from most other thick-feeling oil cleansers and which helps it spread across my face much easier; 2. I like that it's fragrance free; 3. Non-irritating and non-drying; 4. True to its name, Speedy removes waterproof makeup in no time; 5. Coming in at $15CAD at Kiseki, my local asian beauty store for, it has to be one of the most affordable cleansing products too! In conclusion, I will be repurchasing when empty.

About reviewer (197 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

I have a combination complexion that is Sensitive. This buy far has been the best cleansing oil that I have used so far. No breakouts or oily residue. I will definitely re-purchase.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

One day after running out of my Fancl cleansing oil, I try heading to the store to stock up right when the mother of all storms hit. All the trains stopped and I couldn`t even get into the station, so instead I went to the local Matsumoto Kyoshi drugstore to pick it up there. Unfortunately, it was all sold out, my DHC as well, so instead I picked the Softymo up instead. At 579 JPY (less than 6 bucks), I wasn`t sure what to expect, but I am really happy with it. In the bottle it looks like it would be watery and thin in texture, but actually it is not. It really removes mascara and foundation quickly and well, and it doesn`t contain any fragrance, which I like. It hasn`t broken me out and I am happy with it. It works so well, that I doubt I would spend more money in the future on the more expensive DHC and Fancl cleansing oils.

About reviewer (916 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

3.0

2 years ago

I'm on the fence about this product. Like other reviews here, I first hated it, but it grew on me. I finished a bottle, but am not rushing out to purchase another. I like oils and balms for my dry/dehydrated skin. With a little work, this product does break down makeup and sunscreen. It seemed to leave my skin a bit dry, however. I like the packaging alot. The transparent bottle allows you to see how much product is left and the pump it very good. It pumped out all the product - even the last bit. Overall, it's an okay product with a good price and good packaging, but nothing exceptional.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral