L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

3.1

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

This is the worst face cream I have ever used, and I've tried alot of them.

I have never had acne before in my life, and at 21 years old, I have a field of acne across my chin and lower cheeks.

My skin is very dry, so I won't say that this moisturizer isn't moisturizing, because it is. But it definitely didn't work for me.

I've switched to Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion and am in love. Definitely my HG.

I am pretty acne prone when it comes to moisturizers and creams. Sad to say this is just another jar added to that pile of junk that breaks me out in acne. The first night I used a couple pea sizes to do my entire face. Then after that I used maybe half a pea size. I tried switching it up but either way I broke out. I'm not looking for anti-aging properties. Just a nice cream I can use at night to moisturize. Unfortunately, along with the acne, this does not do anything in terms of moisturizing. It's just a waste of money for me.

PROS: Moisture my skin drinks in. Leaves it soft and supple. Does not bother my rosacea. No sticky residue. Very reasonable price.

CONS: Leaves a very slight film of moisture/oil that some might not like. Some won't like that it comes in a jar, but I make sure my hands are clean before using anyway. Smell is perfumy but not quite as strong as the Age Perfect line. Doesn't have any actual anti-aging properties except moisture.

ALTERNATES: I like using Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask as a night cream. Much more gentle and more moisturizing. My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

on 5/14/2010 10:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

**EDIT: I think this stuff now really breaks my skin out. It was wonderful at first but now it's really clogging my skin up. Since it's summer I wanted to stay away from it b/c of the hot weather and how greasy it feels, but I had a really dry patch and I needed to use this stuff to moisturize. Within THAT same day I broke out in 5 red, painful, pus filled acne. I now have red dots all over my face. Ugh. I hope it doesn't take a month to go away like the other reviewer said.** :(

**Update 7/23/10: It's been about a month since that horrible break out. It is JUST starting to finally go away. I will never touch this stuff again.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Original Review**
I have extremely sensitive skin to season changes, to the point of extreme dryness, flaking and peeling, especially under the eyes, and on my nose and chin.

My skin has been freaking out lately, I have no idea why. I was using Garnier Nutritioniste previously and no matter how many times I used it, it did absolutely nothing for dry skin.

I found this in Duane Reade and picked it up and I've used it for three days now, and after the first day, my dry skin is gone. I can't believe I've suffered for this long and this product was hiding right under my nose.

The cream is fantastic. It's not thin and watery, it has a nice, thick, rich texture. When I put it on, I can feel it doing the job it's supposed to do. Moisturize!

With my previous cream I would slather it on and my jar was gone after a couple of weeks, but with this stuff I notice a little goes a LONG way. I overdid it the first day since I was so used to just globbing my other lotion on to combat dry skin, and with this stuff I felt just a *tad* greasy from putting too much on.

The price is amazing... only $8 for the jar which will last a very long time. It goes very nicely under my make up and gives me a dewy smooth finish which my last cream didn't help me achieve. I love the smell, it's not overpowering, and I haven't had any burning or stinging with this product.

I think this face cream is my new HG. A++

I do like this moisturizer, but there are a few hangups for me.

The ingredients are great! Water's the first ingredient - as it should be, Glycerin - great second ingredient and great humectant, Shea butter - very moisturizing and rich, Sal butter - great anti-aging properties and good for eczema.

Texture's smooth and light, not very greasy. It doesn't seem to sink in very well so I use almost double a normal amount of product. Works decently under makeup, as long as I'm not flaky... but nothing helps that. Using it after a treatment or a night cream isn't very effective but it's not bad for a day moisturizer. The smell is strong but I'm not having any allergic reactions to it.

Overall: it's okay for a day cream, not remarkable or an HG for my sensitive combination skin. My final decision is to let me fiancee use it as an after-shave lotion.

on 11/21/2009 8:53:00 PM

I like that this moisturizes my dry winter skin really well, but it does not wear well under makeup. After an hour or two, my face becomes very shiny & oily. After a week of using this, I've had a slight breakout (very small pimples on my chin and cheeks). I'm not sure if it is due to this or a new foundation I started using at the same time. Regardless, the search for my HG winter moisturizer continues...

on 1/27/2005 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this as a last resort for the dry chapped skin on my face. I had tried cetaphil, aveeno, almay...the list goes on and on. I picked this up on Sunday. By Wed. all my dry patches were gone and no longer red or flaky. So far this hasn't caused acne, but I will update if it does. The other posters were correct in saying that a little bit of this milky cream goes a long way. If you put too much on, you will have a greasy face. Overall, I am very impressed with this product and will continue to purchase as a winter face cream.

on 11/12/2004 5:56:00 PM

This seems to be a very light moisturizer for winter, for my combination skin. Very thin and milky, almost like a lotion, not really "creamy" like I expected.

Packaging could be better, and the bottle I got says "dry/sensitive skin".

i've tried so many moisturizers in the past two years from the very expensive to the cheapest and i must say this is the best that i've ever used. i have very dry cheeks and a pretty oily t-zone. i'm also very prone to breaking out around my jawline but this product has not casued any breakouts for me. if anything it's even helped my acne. the drying agents i've used on my acne has left my skin flaky but this lotion has totally left that flaky area smooth and healthy looking. plus i always get this at wal-mart for $5.97, with is the least i've ever paid for a face lotion. =D

on 8/31/2003 11:40:00 PM

Overall, this product is good for dry sensitive skin. I use this at night and you have to be careful when applying too much can make your face look greasy. But, so far a light application before I go to bed. In the morning your face is so soft and at all irritated. Also , I have used this once or twice on my dry areas on my body. I would say this product is great and it doesn t clog pores.