L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Filtered by skin type : Normal
L'Oreal Paris Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

on 9/1/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Does an above-average job of sealing in moisture

Cons:
-Leaves skin a little "filmy", so I don't prefer it as a daytime cream
-The texture feels a little thin, so I can't fall in love with it as a heavy-duty night cream (I like to glop on thick stuff at night!)

I definitely don't hate this stuff, but I have used other lines within the L'Oreal brand that I have preferred, namely their "Age Perfect" creams. I DO read the labels, and this has some really great ingredients, but I just can't seem to get excited about it.

If your wallet is feeling a bit light but you need a decent face cream for dry skin, give it a whirl (I think I paid $6 or $7 at a discount drug store). One thing I've learned is that skin chemistry ranges widely so what works great for one person is an utter failure for another. I may be asking too much from my facial moisturizer because this cream IS effective, but I am a nit-picker about the texture and "feel"

on 4/9/2010 12:29:00 AM

So far so good. I have been using Clarins for years while trying other high end products, yet still had problems with dry skin and flakiness. Even with La Mer.. it would be too much or too dry, odd. Whenever I went to the beauty counter at Nordstrom, the Clarins lady would say... "You need to exfoliate and moisturize." I'm thinking... (I did exfoliate, wtf.. and I'm wearing Clarins moisturizer ughh). I'd then pick up a different product either from that counter or another line, e.g. Dior HydrAction Serum. It served me OK but my face would get flakey and skin dry and crusty at times.

Thought I'd give it a pass at a drugstore product since my situation was nearly hopeless. It had been a while since the last time I used a DS product, it sorta irritated my skin. I picked this L'Oreal Hydra-Renewal moisturizer up at Wal-Mart and really liked the $7 price tag and the description seemed to fit what I needed.

I think I hit the jackpot!! This goes on nice and smoothly, though it does look a little greasy/shiny... I wear foundation over it, so it doesn't matter. It didn't burn or break me out, which I was thrilled about since I have pretty sensitive skin. For example, Olay Sensitive Skin cream burns a little bit when I put it on. Even Bobbi Brown night cream. But this - this cream is not so thick but it seems to moisturize my face well. I can even wear makeup without having it flake on me, which is amazing. I do notice that the pores on my nose are a little clogged, but probably nothing my Clarisonic and face masks couldn't remedy.

I'll update if anything changes. I also purchased Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15 for sunscreen.