L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

3.6

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

on 1/26/2003 8:02:00 PM

I wish I knew where the other reviewer was buying this because every walmart and walgreens around here sells this for close to $11 for the same size. It's ok though because a tiny bit goes a very long way. It's got a very milky-like texture and it absorbs rather quickly. It restored my chapped skin back to it's original moisture in zero degree weather. I didn't feel any greasiness and it didn't clog my pores. At my home in South Florida I really don't need this because it's so humid but whenever I'm up north I'll be sure to buy this again!

on 8/31/2003 11:40:00 PM

Overall, this product is good for dry sensitive skin. I use this at night and you have to be careful when applying too much can make your face look greasy. But, so far a light application before I go to bed. In the morning your face is so soft and at all irritated. Also , I have used this once or twice on my dry areas on my body. I would say this product is great and it doesn t clog pores.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using and loving L'Oreal Hydrafresh for normal/dry skin for the past few years but I decided to try this out as a night cream since it didn't have SPF. The texture was not what I was expecting (very thin and milky) but it has been three weeks now and Hydra-Renewal has left my skin very soft and smooth. I don't think this will provide enough moisture for me in the winter but we'll see. I would have given it a "5" but it does contain an added fragrance -- I would prefer a lotion marketed towards sensitive skin to be fragrance free. Despite the fragrance I have not experienced any rashes or irritation and at this point would definitely repurchase as the price is right!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Man, I used this TWICE and I broke out SOOOOO bad!!! I'm talking huge, cystic pimples that took a month to go away. I'm using the rest as a hand cream b/c it is moisturizing. But for the face, this stuff is TOO GREASY.

i've tried so many moisturizers in the past two years from the very expensive to the cheapest and i must say this is the best that i've ever used. i have very dry cheeks and a pretty oily t-zone. i'm also very prone to breaking out around my jawline but this product has not casued any breakouts for me. if anything it's even helped my acne. the drying agents i've used on my acne has left my skin flaky but this lotion has totally left that flaky area smooth and healthy looking. plus i always get this at wal-mart for $5.97, with is the least i've ever paid for a face lotion. =D

on 5/29/2004 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

I decided to try this after I couldn't find L'Oreal's hydrafresh anymore. Overall, this is a very decent basic moisturizer that feels pretty light. However, it doesn't do anything other than moisturize (I would want something a little bit more, like making my skin feel refreshed, even out my skintone ... etc). If something basic and cheap is what your looking for, this is probably good for you.

on 11/12/2004 5:56:00 PM

This seems to be a very light moisturizer for winter, for my combination skin. Very thin and milky, almost like a lotion, not really "creamy" like I expected.

Packaging could be better, and the bottle I got says "dry/sensitive skin".

on 1/27/2005 10:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I bought this as a last resort for the dry chapped skin on my face. I had tried cetaphil, aveeno, almay...the list goes on and on. I picked this up on Sunday. By Wed. all my dry patches were gone and no longer red or flaky. So far this hasn't caused acne, but I will update if it does. The other posters were correct in saying that a little bit of this milky cream goes a long way. If you put too much on, you will have a greasy face. Overall, I am very impressed with this product and will continue to purchase as a winter face cream.

on 7/13/2005 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I would definitely not buy this again. I was looking forward to trying it out because shea butter is the third ingredient and because of the great reviews on here about this product. The #1 reason why I would not buy again is the fact it really irritated my skin making it feel hot, itchy and dry. On top of that my forhead was breaking out within hours after applying this stuff with this huge red puss filled pimple and this one cystic one that was almost gone (thanks to Noxzema) got even bigger than it was originally. For a "cream" that's really more like a lotion was very light but felt heavy on my face. Plus I didn't feel it was very moisturizing. It's too bad because it said it was for "dry/sensitive skin". The only good thing I found was it smoothed my skin out before putting on foundation and it looked so wonderful. I'm real hesitant about forking out anymore money for drug store moisturizers now after having tried Olay and Neutrogena products for "sensitive" skin. Good thing I still have plenty of L'Occitane Ultra Moisturizing Day and Night Care creams (with shea butter) which says they're for dry/sensitive skin. I'm going to try The Body Shop's various moisturizers for my skin type such as the Hemp Face Protector and Soy & Calendula day and night creams. Hope they work out for me...

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Before this, I was using the Dove facial lotion for sensitive skin. I liked it because it was light, thin, and non-fragrance. I would have to put it on after I shower and after I wake up. I wanted something that would put moisure IN my face so I wouldn't have to apply it so much though. The Dove one only moisturized my face while the lotion was still on.

I read most of the reviews about different facial lotions but didn't find anything to my liking or affordable. So, I went to Walmart and browsed all of their facial lotion and found this. L'oreal is supposed to be a good (drugstore) brand, and the "continuous" part was what I needed so I bought it. Honestly, I expected myself not to like it because I thought it would irritate my skin and make me break out in rashes since my skin is so sensitive but to my surprise, it didn't. I've used it for a week or maybe a little longer, and it's been working really well. The only time I have to put it on is after I shower unless my skin is really moody and gets extra dry out of nowhere. I don't mind the tub either because I think it's kinda cute. However, I can't stand the smell (hence the 4 lippies). I think it goes away after a little while? I wouldn't really know because I can't smell my face, but I can smell my fingers after I put it on =/. It still does its job though so I'm content. I'd buy again. continued >>