L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Hydra-Renewal Continuous Moisture Cream

Water, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Stearate, Urea, Glyceryl Linoleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Isopropyl Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Glyceryl Linolenate, Glyceryl Oleate, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Phenylalanine, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citrulline, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Linalool, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethylionone, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance

on 12/22/2013 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A basic but effective medium weight moisturizer for those with dry skin. It is packaged in a jar and yet it could probably go in a tube because it is truly not thick enough to be a cream really. I find it quite runny. The product is very basic, contains mineral oil and leaves a slight film upon application. I don't mind this myself. Although it sinks in, I don't find that it causes any sort of plumping effect that can happen when a formula contains more sophisticated ingredients. It wears well under makeup and I can't detect a scent. In short, this is as basic as it gets, the packaging should be changed to a tube and the price is excellent.

I have VERY sensitive skin that gets REALLY dry so when I found the sensitive skin oil free version of this stuff I was hopeful. I have been using for several days now and LOVE it. I use it as a light night AND day cream. It, along with my primer create an awesome canvas for makeup application. I no longer feel dry and I now have a dewy look to my skin. I have had NO breakouts and believe me, I would already have one if this stuff was not going to work out for me. I will definitely keep this on the vanity for daily and nightly use!

PROS: Moisture my skin drinks in. Leaves it soft and supple. Does not bother my rosacea. No sticky residue. Very reasonable price.

CONS: Leaves a very slight film of moisture/oil that some might not like. Some won't like that it comes in a jar, but I make sure my hands are clean before using anyway. Smell is perfumy but not quite as strong as the Age Perfect line. Doesn't have any actual anti-aging properties except moisture.

ALTERNATES: I like using Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Mask as a night cream. Much more gentle and more moisturizing. My new fave for very moisturizing while not clogging me AT ALL is Aveeno - Positively Nourishing Comforting Whipped Souffle, which is actually made for the body, but I love it for my face.

on 9/1/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Does an above-average job of sealing in moisture

Cons:
-Leaves skin a little "filmy", so I don't prefer it as a daytime cream
-The texture feels a little thin, so I can't fall in love with it as a heavy-duty night cream (I like to glop on thick stuff at night!)

I definitely don't hate this stuff, but I have used other lines within the L'Oreal brand that I have preferred, namely their "Age Perfect" creams. I DO read the labels, and this has some really great ingredients, but I just can't seem to get excited about it.

If your wallet is feeling a bit light but you need a decent face cream for dry skin, give it a whirl (I think I paid $6 or $7 at a discount drug store). One thing I've learned is that skin chemistry ranges widely so what works great for one person is an utter failure for another. I may be asking too much from my facial moisturizer because this cream IS effective, but I am a nit-picker about the texture and "feel"

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after going through the Chicago airport and having the Security take my Dr. Hauschka away because it wasn´t in a clear sac. I really didn´t expect much, because in the past there have been only a few Lóreal moisturizers that have been okay for me. A lot of them always seem to be too harsh. I must admit that I have become a total fan. I used it on my skin in cold weather in Utah and it did the job. After applying it soothes my skin and when I wear it underneath my makeup I never get that tired and dry skin feeling that I often get with others. My skin feels soft and moist, what do I want more? It´s surprisingly lightweight, but it really sinks into the skin after application. I haven´t had any adverse reactions to it all, to the contrary: I think my skin has even cleared up more since I started using it. With the ridiculously low price, I stock up on it when I´m in the States because sadly, Lóreal doesn´t sell this one here in Europe :(

on 11/12/2004 5:56:00 PM

This seems to be a very light moisturizer for winter, for my combination skin. Very thin and milky, almost like a lotion, not really "creamy" like I expected.

Packaging could be better, and the bottle I got says "dry/sensitive skin".