NYX Single Eye Shadow - Cream Cheese [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best NYX Single Eyeshadow. Very similar to MAC's Nylon. It is an off-white frost with a yellow tone. The smooth texture of this shadow makes it sublime. I don't know of any other NYX shadow that goes on as smoothly. I use this all over my lid as a base color. I then choose a darker shade (like Ulta's "Plum Nior" or MAC's pigment in "Heritage Rouge") on the outer half of my lid and blend. Because of this eyeshadow's smooth texture, the colors blend beautifully, creating a gradual trasition from one color to the next. (Also, placing this lighter color on the inner half of my lids makes my amber eyes pop.) This color is particularly flattering on yellow-toned skin. You can't beat the price of NYX products (I got mine for $4 at a local store), but given the texture, the value of this shadow is absolutely amazing. I got the last one they had at the store and the NYX cosmestics website doesn't even have a record of this shadow, so I fear it has been discontinued. I can only hope it was re-named as I would love to re-purchase this shade in the future. Love it. Love it. Love it!

on 9/1/2009 4:40:00 PM

Absolutely great! The color literally does highlight your brow bone! I even apply it over my eye shadows to give off a lighter, shimmery shade, making it look so phenomenal. Easy to build up or tone down. I can also see it used on any skin tone range. Overall, it's worth the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is a great highlight or lid color. it looks really good if you tone it down a bit with sahara or skin or something a little more fleshy colored - depending on your skin tone. this is like a lighter (whiter) version of MAC rose blanc e/s.

on 6/15/2009 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this product!!!! It's a well pigmented, frosty off-white color that makes a great highlighter and also blends great with any other color.

My only *tiny* issue was how gently pressed it was for a pressed eyeshadow. The shadow started to fall apart after two swipes, but other than that, it's an overall great buy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is my favorite highlighter! I don't need too much on my brush to get a good amount of it so it lasted forever. It looks awesome with my skin tone (NC30, Asian) and would definitely buy this again!

awesome highlighter! it is so pigmented and blends so easily. definitely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great eye shadow highlighter. I love how its matte buy when you apply it on your skin, it doesn't have that dry dull look as other matte eye shadows. It look kinda of smooth and creamy, but a matte finishes. I wish more drugstores would see Nyx products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great highlighter, decent pigmentation, not an opaque white, really more of a creamy frost. With a proper primer and base beneath, this lasts all day without creasing. Would repurchase. My only gripe: one light swipe of my brush onto this shadow takes an entire mound (as with most NYX powder-based products, this isn't pressed too well and can thus result in fall-out). Other than that, I'm loving the creamy, buttery consistency and smooth feel.

on 3/25/2009 12:13:00 AM

aha!! this is really good for using as a highlight. First, I did not expect much, but after play with it for a week, I love it. It also very smooth. would love to buy again.

on 3/25/2009 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Really great highlight shade - appears kind of a white gold on me. It is so soft and pigmented that I have to watch not to get too much on my brush. Amazing for such a good price, I find that cheap highlighters usually don't show up.

Popular Eye Shadows