Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lipsmackers

Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lipsmackers

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 7/23/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm allergic to this thing or something. Burned, peeled off and dried out my lips after 2 days of using it. It does not tastes like Dr. Pepper, the taste is super fake. It tastes like the Coke lollipop I used to eat as a child lol. I liked it because it left a cute subtle tint over my lips and I've tried Lipsmackers before, I liked the moisturizing effect. Sadly, I got the opposite effect. It came in a pack of different flavors so I hope it's just the fragrance or something and the rest of the lip balms don't damage my lips :(

I am over 50, and I have been purchasing this product for years. I always have one in my purse and in my nightstand. It's very moisturizing and leaves just a hint of rosy color on the lips. Perfect for when you don't want to wear lipstick/lipgloss, but want a bit of moisture and color. It's cheap and easy to find. Highly recommend.

To Read all 1010 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know who couldn't rate this 5/5. Tastes like Dr. Pepper, moisturizes, and is super cheap to buy. Love this!!!!

on 4/19/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the previous posters said this smells like clove. It does not. I love clove lip balm (use some by Burts Bees) and this stuff is just NASTY. I'd say it smells and tastes like cheap plastic. The color is also a fake purple-red. I tossed it in the garbage. If I don't like the way something feels/tastes on my lips, I'm not going to wear it.

on 3/30/2016 12:06:00 PM

I agree with the previous poster. This formula has changed drastically since it's launch in 1973.
I was a kid back in the 1970's and this was such a great lip balm. It actually smelled like the soda and went on smoothly. I don't find that with the current formulation. It smells plastic and with no scent resembling the original.
Take it from someone who was there in the beginning. Bonne Bell no longer makes this. They sold the rights to Markwins,the same company that now owns Physicians Formula cosmetics and Wet n Wild.

on 3/30/2016 11:40:00 AM

They ruined the Dr. Pepper Lipsmacker. It used to smell just like the real thing but now it just smells like clove. And I hate clove. It's very moisturizing though. Sadly, I will not repurchase unless they go back to the old formula.

on 12/8/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

They defiantly changed the formula! Tastes an smells terrible now! The smell overwhelms me, an makes me sick!! Pass on this on girls!! You will be glad you did!!

on 11/17/2015 12:25:00 AM

I always wanted to try this, I used to love Dr Pepper, probably because of nostalgia as it was discontinued in my country when I was a kid, and this flavour of Lip Smacker was never available here. Picked one up from a Target while in the US. I have a fondness for the soda/pop scented lip smackers as I seldom drink soda (the vanilla coke is cloyingly sweet though). It's nice for those no makeup days or when I'm putting lipstick on, and I need a little something first to sink in quickly. The smell reminds me of the cherry coke chapstick, which is due to a formulation change according to everyone else.

Tl;Dr its good, it works, its cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like dr.pepper and all but not for my lips. Stick with the drink and go for natural remedies for lips or at least natural formulas.

This is one of my favorite Lip Smacker flavors ever! I've used it pretty much throughout my childhood, whether it was in the normal balm size, biggy, liquid, squeezy, and the roll-on version that just came out this year. The only issue is that they've recently changed the flavor, which has ruined this Lip Smacker for me. It smells more like flat Cherry Coke now.

I don't recommend this Lip Smacker if you expect it to smell like how it used to, but I think you could be able to find this with the old formula on ebay.