Bonne Bell Dr. Pepper lipsmackers

Dr. Pepper lipsmackersDr. Pepper lipsmackers

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 7/8/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this lip balm! It is moisturizing, it smells awesome, it tastes good and, best of all, it has a hint of berry color. I have been using this since forever and I keep coming back to it!

on 7/7/2017 5:49:00 PM

Got a whole range of flavours for my birthday and this one stuck out. Tastes so lovely! I bought another one when I lost my old one. Lovely sheer your-lips-but-better balm and really mositurising. Doesn't dry for ages though. 9/10 recommend :)

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've bought probably seven or eight tubes of this stuff by now, and they've all been different. Some of them are more shiny, and some of them are more of a demi-matte true "balm" finish (which I vastly prefer); some of them are the pleasant, kiddish Dr. Pepper flavor and some of them are variations on a terrible burning plastic scent and taste. All of them have had the twisty thing break well before I could finish the tube. So when this product is good, it's INCREDIBLE. There is truly no other product like it -- believe me, I've searched. It's an immensely flattering sheer bright red that picks up my entire face and isn't too glossy, which is super important for me. Super moisturizing, honestly the best lip balm I can remember ever using. It's just that the quality control on this stuff is so s***** that it becomes sort of ruined, and then when I get a good tube, I can't even finish it before it breaks. I know we get what we pay for, and this is two bucks at Target, but I'd pay a lot more money for this if it were the same every time. It's truly a product I can't live without. We have a love-hate relationship, but I'll probably never truly break up with you, Dr. P. You're too special in your own derpy way. Love ya.

on 7/23/2016 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm allergic to this thing or something. Burned, peeled off and dried out my lips after 2 days of using it. It does not tastes like Dr. Pepper, the taste is super fake. It tastes like the Coke lollipop I used to eat as a child lol. I liked it because it left a cute subtle tint over my lips and I've tried Lipsmackers before, I liked the moisturizing effect. Sadly, I got the opposite effect. It came in a pack of different flavors so I hope it's just the fragrance or something and the rest of the lip balms don't damage my lips :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've used this for years. I can't speak to the purported change in formula in other reviews because I don't repurchase frequently enough nor do I really remember ... but the colour has always been consistent, the best bright (but not too bright) cherry red with a really smooth consistency in between a gloss and a balm. The flavour/scent is nice too - and I don't even drink Dr. Pepper. It does stay wet longer than I'd like - I'd want it to "set" more and become more waxy, ideally, so that it doesn't catch in my hair like a gloss, etc. But some might think that's a plus that it moisturizes for so long and doesn't dry out your lips.

on 4/16/2017 8:56:00 PM

I've been using Dr. pepper since I was 20 and they were the bigger size tubes back then. I like the smaller ones better. I loved the sheer color that I could use with or without makeup on and I used it instead of lipstick. If I wanted a little more color I just used lip liner along with it. I got so many of my friends started using it over the years too. I'm 56 now and still use it. I guess you can say I'm addicted since I keep one in my purse, by my bed, at my makeup vanity, even at my desk at work. I use it several times a day but now I'm looking for something to replace it because I can't stand the taste and smell anymore. In the last year or so the formula has been changed and it gives me a very nasty chemical taste and it feels less moisturizing. Even the color is less sheer and natural. It just breaks my heart but I can't take the taste anymore. I don't understand why when a product is so good someone thinks they should change it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am over 50, and I have been purchasing this product for years. I always have one in my purse and in my nightstand. It's very moisturizing and leaves just a hint of rosy color on the lips. Perfect for when you don't want to wear lipstick/lipgloss, but want a bit of moisture and color. It's cheap and easy to find. Highly recommend.

on 4/19/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

One of the previous posters said this smells like clove. It does not. I love clove lip balm (use some by Burts Bees) and this stuff is just NASTY. I'd say it smells and tastes like cheap plastic. The color is also a fake purple-red. I tossed it in the garbage. If I don't like the way something feels/tastes on my lips, I'm not going to wear it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know who couldn't rate this 5/5. Tastes like Dr. Pepper, moisturizes, and is super cheap to buy. Love this!!!!

on 3/30/2016 12:06:00 PM

I agree with the previous poster. This formula has changed drastically since it's launch in 1973.
I was a kid back in the 1970's and this was such a great lip balm. It actually smelled like the soda and went on smoothly. I don't find that with the current formulation. It smells plastic and with no scent resembling the original.
Take it from someone who was there in the beginning. Bonne Bell no longer makes this. They sold the rights to Markwins,the same company that now owns Physicians Formula cosmetics and Wet n Wild.