Bonne Bell Lip Smackers - Dr. Pepper

Lip Smackers - Dr. PepperLip Smackers - Dr. Pepper

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Ricinus Communis (Castor Seed) Oil (Castor), Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Cetyl Acetate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax (Candelilla), Flavor, Polybutene, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Sesame Seed), Propylene Glycol, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Carnuba), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Hydrogenated Soy Glycerides, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Mica, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Stearic Acid, Sodium Saccharin, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid, May Contain ( /-):, FD&C Blue 1 (CI 42090), D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red 7 Calcium (CI 15850), D&C Red 27 Aluminum Lake, D&C Red 33 (CI 17200), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow 10 (CI 74005), Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

I used to like Lip Smackers when Bonne Bell owned the company before Markwins took over and bought it. Back then, Lip Smacker and Bonne Bell catered to us collectors (we buy thousands of lip balms a year. I used to buy like twenty thousand lip balms). They would create new flavors just for us collectors, and they didn't need Disney products to carry the brand like nowadays.

In 2015, Markwins bought Lip Smackers and Bonne Bell. I was so worried about if the quality would be good like with Bonne Bell, and I was right that the quality would turn bad. Markwins keeps putting out the same flavors in different packaging for all the seasonal years. They started to make LS and BB products in China when they've been made in the USA since the beginning. Us collectors complain all the time to Markwins, but I don't understand why they don't cater to us. I don't understand why they can't create new flavors for us collectors to buy. Lazy, lazy, lazy!

I wish Markwins were more grateful for the dedicated fans they acquired when they bought LS from the Bells. Seriously, the world doesn’t revolve around Disney branding.

I mean, come on, we spend our entire salary every year buying over thousands of LS products unlike the other lowly customers who only purchase LS products like, maybe once a year.Markwins sticks to about 8-10 flavors and renames them 20x’s. *Eye rolls* With all the money they’re making from the Tsum Tsums WHY aren’t they spending it on R&D for new and AUTHENTIC flavors!?! I like, wrote in on Facebook about my thoughts and someone had the nerve to say to my post that Markwins won't cater to us because we're not the general public. We're a niche brand and a small niche. The person had the nerve to say that since Markwins is a big company, they have no time to target small niches like us. The person also said we're in the 1% and no company is interested in us because we're that low.

I'm like, excuse me????!!! Us collectors are so not niches at all. We helped build up the company to how great and powerful it is for today. If it weren't for us collectors, this company wouldn't have lasted as long as it did. Now, Markwins is ruining everything that Bonne Bell stood for. Also, that person said since another company took out, the management would manage BB and LS differently than Bonne Bell did because of the switch of companies.

Even if we’re the 1%, we spend 10X as much as the regular consumer, who doesn’t buy every new Party Pack coming out, or collection-most of us do! So our opinion does matter. How hard is it to do a few brand new flavors a year and some really good originals collections? I literally avoid any Disney branded Smacker now. I will buy any but that just to spite it.

Emily Huang is now head of all Bonne Bell/Lip Smackers brands at Markwins. Clearly, she’s sleeping at the wheel because they haven’t done anything with the BB brand and clearly nothing new with Lip Smacker. Bill George is her boss. Both need to leave cosmetics immediately

That is so, so wrong! They should manage LS and BB the same because we're the companies bread and butter.

UGH! I'm so over Markwins. Anyone with me?

on 4/14/2018 6:01:00 PM

I fell in LOVE with this in the 90’s (I’m currently 33) and I bought so many tubes of it over the years that have amazingly, held up through time so I can say without any doubt, that this formula has changed immensely. I’m finishing up my very last “original’ lip balm and I keep buying these anyway, hoping that I’ll somehow get an original version somehow but I’m not going to do it anymore. This new formula is somewhat drying on the lips but it’s the smell that’s heartbreaking. There’s a faint chemical cherry coke-ish scent to it that smells nothing like Dr. Pepper, like the original balm did. I keep smelling them side by side and it’s sad each time.
If you’re planning on buying one of these for nostalgic reasons, don’t. You’ll be disappointed. As far as quality goes-meh. There are better quality lip balms out there for the same price. To it’s credit though, it does leave a light tint on the lips which is perfect for no makeup days.
Oh, I noticed that another poster had mentioned that this smells like cloves. I just swatched a brand new one on my hand and I actually picked up a hint of cinnamon oil-it’s faint and I can see why someone would say they smell cloves.

on 2/14/2018 4:56:00 PM

I simply chose "would repurchase" because its a nice colour, not too extra, and very shiny for days when ur in a rush and still want to look a little made up. HOWEVER, this dries the SHITE out of my lips! Literally chapped 1 hour after applying, even when its still on. So for that reason, it's def a "once in a while when i have nothing else around" type of thing.

on 2/6/2018 11:49:00 PM

I haven't used a Bonne Bell Lip Smacker since I was about 13 years old...I actually can't believe they still exist....but whaaaaaaat??!!! This is so flippin good! Don't remember using this one back in the good old 90s, I think I went more for the fruity or candy flavours, and although I do remember some of them left a slight tint, I did NOT know that all my years of searching for the perfect natural MLBB tinted lip balm could be found in a damn children's Lip Smacker for $1.50. I loooooove the shade of this lip balm I'm going to wear this every damn day and buy backups! Feels nice on the lips too, sufficiently moisturizing...for some reason I thought it would be gross and waxy-its not. The smell and flavour I don't care much about, it's fine, almost spicy like a Burt's Bees Ginger Spice balm I have. But the tint is perfect...for someone like me that loves makeup but for some odd reason hates lipstick because it scares me and might draw attention lol...this is the perfect tint to look like you have naturally pretty rosey lips.
So now that I know Lip Smackers still exist...am now wondering if Dr Pepper the beverage still exists???

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My go-to lip balm. Just a wash of natural color, and keeps my prone-to-chapping lips hydrated.

on 7/8/2017 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this lip balm! It is moisturizing, it smells awesome, it tastes good and, best of all, it has a hint of berry color. I have been using this since forever and I keep coming back to it!

on 7/7/2017 5:49:00 PM

Got a whole range of flavours for my birthday and this one stuck out. Tastes so lovely! I bought another one when I lost my old one. Lovely sheer your-lips-but-better balm and really mositurising. Doesn't dry for ages though. 9/10 recommend :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've used this for years. I can't speak to the purported change in formula in other reviews because I don't repurchase frequently enough nor do I really remember ... but the colour has always been consistent, the best bright (but not too bright) cherry red with a really smooth consistency in between a gloss and a balm. The flavour/scent is nice too - and I don't even drink Dr. Pepper. It does stay wet longer than I'd like - I'd want it to "set" more and become more waxy, ideally, so that it doesn't catch in my hair like a gloss, etc. But some might think that's a plus that it moisturizes for so long and doesn't dry out your lips.

on 4/16/2017 8:56:00 PM

I've been using Dr. pepper since I was 20 and they were the bigger size tubes back then. I like the smaller ones better. I loved the sheer color that I could use with or without makeup on and I used it instead of lipstick. If I wanted a little more color I just used lip liner along with it. I got so many of my friends started using it over the years too. I'm 56 now and still use it. I guess you can say I'm addicted since I keep one in my purse, by my bed, at my makeup vanity, even at my desk at work. I use it several times a day but now I'm looking for something to replace it because I can't stand the taste and smell anymore. In the last year or so the formula has been changed and it gives me a very nasty chemical taste and it feels less moisturizing. Even the color is less sheer and natural. It just breaks my heart but I can't take the taste anymore. I don't understand why when a product is so good someone thinks they should change it.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've bought probably seven or eight tubes of this stuff by now, and they've all been different. Some of them are more shiny, and some of them are more of a demi-matte true "balm" finish (which I vastly prefer); some of them are the pleasant, kiddish Dr. Pepper flavor and some of them are variations on a terrible burning plastic scent and taste. All of them have had the twisty thing break well before I could finish the tube. So when this product is good, it's INCREDIBLE. There is truly no other product like it -- believe me, I've searched. It's an immensely flattering sheer bright red that picks up my entire face and isn't too glossy, which is super important for me. Super moisturizing, honestly the best lip balm I can remember ever using. It's just that the quality control on this stuff is so s***** that it becomes sort of ruined, and then when I get a good tube, I can't even finish it before it breaks. I know we get what we pay for, and this is two bucks at Target, but I'd pay a lot more money for this if it were the same every time. It's truly a product I can't live without. We have a love-hate relationship, but I'll probably never truly break up with you, Dr. P. You're too special in your own derpy way. Love ya.