MAC Cosmetics #183 flat buffer brush ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this brush from the CCO, after losing my first 183. The brush is very soft and versatile. It can be used to apply powders, or liquid foundation., One thing I would recommend is to seriously wash this in baby shampoo before use, It shed when I washed it at first then I didn't have shedding problems after that. I also kept the case which I do for most of my kabuki brushes so the shape can be maintained. I prefer my 180 much better than the 183, I guess I would get this again if I had to..

on 5/1/2009 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

so the 183 is the softer, less dense version of the 180( holy grail for liquid foundation). i bought two 183's when i found out the 180 as no longer available. to be honest i have not used it that much until recently because my 180 is superior to it. i recently
re-discovered my 183 because i have switched to Bobbi Brown's new skin foundation( it's so weightless and natural looking) and my 180 brush practically buffs all of the foundation OFF my face, i literally have to use three times the amount of foundation for it to even show up. i was contemplating buying Bobbi Brows foundation brush until i remembered that i have a trusty 183, so i tried it and perfection. so my honest opinion is, if you can still find a 180 go for it, actually go for three, but if you have no such luck get a 183. if you use a really light weight foundation get the 183 because the 180 will make it vanish before your eyes.

Popular Makeup Brushes