Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

3.7

on 8/18/2009 11:39:00 AM

Have to agree with previous review. Why oh why is there glitter in the dark section when this is supposed to be creating a shadow? I find a lot of Laura's products are spoiled due to the amount of glitter in them.

Aside from that the powder is a good shade, sheer and easily blendable (if you don't use the awful cheap brush it comes with).

I like the highlighter which doesn't appear too glittery (which I expected!) so is very versatile. Normally I steer clear of them because of this. Would like to see a larger portion of the highlighter or have it as a stand alone item.
This is very expensive though at around 26 in the UK. Ouch.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap because the Sephora lady tried to sell this item to me and quite frankly it's abit expensive for me. And she mentioned the brush included is not so great and I already have tons of brushes so no thanks in buying it brand new. The lady mentioned to not use the brush included because it picks up the glitter/shimmer and that's not good. I absolutely love the dark color for contouring. It's been hard for me to find a contour shade that's not orange or really a bronzer. Done right, this is a really good buy for tan to darker skin tones.

on 1/3/2009 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I saw Laura on QVC with this product and it made me really want to try contouring. It came with an angled brush and in a sweet little compact with a mirror.

This product is okay, but I hate that there is glitter in the contouring part of the powder. Why does Laura ALWAYS put glitter in her products? No one wants a glittery face. The colour suits my skin tone but I have to be very careful not to apply too much.

You have to be quite careful with the application, because if you use too much of the darker shade it can look so false and like you have smeared dirt on your face. My technique is to swirl the brush in the dark brown and tap off the excess, and then EVER so lightly brush it under my cheekbones, in the hollow part. Then just a light stripe of the highlighter.

I have taken off another lippie because it annoys me that there is only one quarter of the highlighting powder in the compact. Why didnt Laura make it half and half?!