Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

4.2

Contouring is certainly not an everyday activity, but when I do, this is simply the very best. Period.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG contour and highlighter- I got it on sale at Sephora in May 2010 for cheap when Sephora had it on sale- it is usually $35. It is currently on sale on hautelook.com for $21. I lost mine so I recently snatched up two more. I am southeast asian and wear NC30-NC35 in MAC. I also have dry skin. I find that this shade matches me well- not too orangey like other contour powders- just the perfect shade of dark brown. There is glitter in it but I find it disperses evenly onto my skin without looking too sheen. The brush is okay- not the best but works in a jiffy. I would not buy this for $35 but for $21- it is a good deal. The packaging sucks- the clear plastic part keeps popping off. Otherwise- this product would have gotten five stars.

on 8/14/2010 12:40:00 AM

I'm really insecure of the roundness of my face, and for years I've been looking for the right sculpting product to contour my face. Unfortunately, this is not it. The only/main reason is because of the overly shimmeryness of the product. I was looking for a product that looked natural, the glitter gave it away. The product does last a very long time. The bristles of the brush fall out with each use.

on 8/18/2009 11:39:00 AM

Have to agree with previous review. Why oh why is there glitter in the dark section when this is supposed to be creating a shadow? I find a lot of Laura's products are spoiled due to the amount of glitter in them.

Aside from that the powder is a good shade, sheer and easily blendable (if you don't use the awful cheap brush it comes with).

I like the highlighter which doesn't appear too glittery (which I expected!) so is very versatile. Normally I steer clear of them because of this. Would like to see a larger portion of the highlighter or have it as a stand alone item.
This is very expensive though at around 26 in the UK. Ouch.

on 4/17/2009 8:42:00 PM

I love this product. I had been searching for a bronzer/sculpt product for ages that didn't have any orange or red in it. It makes me look healthy but you have to use a light hand and keep buffing it. It's made all the difference to me in appling my makeup. Thank you Laura!