Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

4.2

Contouring is certainly not an everyday activity, but when I do, this is simply the very best. Period.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG contour and highlighter- I got it on sale at Sephora in May 2010 for cheap when Sephora had it on sale- it is usually $35. It is currently on sale on hautelook.com for $21. I lost mine so I recently snatched up two more. I am southeast asian and wear NC30-NC35 in MAC. I also have dry skin. I find that this shade matches me well- not too orangey like other contour powders- just the perfect shade of dark brown. There is glitter in it but I find it disperses evenly onto my skin without looking too sheen. The brush is okay- not the best but works in a jiffy. I would not buy this for $35 but for $21- it is a good deal. The packaging sucks- the clear plastic part keeps popping off. Otherwise- this product would have gotten five stars.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap because the Sephora lady tried to sell this item to me and quite frankly it's abit expensive for me. And she mentioned the brush included is not so great and I already have tons of brushes so no thanks in buying it brand new. The lady mentioned to not use the brush included because it picks up the glitter/shimmer and that's not good. I absolutely love the dark color for contouring. It's been hard for me to find a contour shade that's not orange or really a bronzer. Done right, this is a really good buy for tan to darker skin tones.

on 4/17/2009 8:42:00 PM

I love this product. I had been searching for a bronzer/sculpt product for ages that didn't have any orange or red in it. It makes me look healthy but you have to use a light hand and keep buffing it. It's made all the difference to me in appling my makeup. Thank you Laura!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Im new to contouring , just figured out how to do it, and im so glad. and im so happy i got this kit because there are other brands that just have the powder then you have to figure out what brush to use. this one comes with a great little brush. the first day i tried this out literally 5 minutes later i saw someone who i hadnt seen in a couple months and they asked me if id lost weight, and said its really noticeable in my face. so that was just reassurance that this stuff does wat its supposed to do i was happy lol

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this. I got into this kind of shading/contouring with Lauren Hutton's Disc and I like her kabuki brush for this purpose. I have a crooked nose and a bit of this light powder stroked on with the finger and then balanced with the dark shade is great. I have not been impressed with any of the brushes that Laura Geller includes with her products, although the powders are terrific. I think this will last a long time, but I would buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It really does sculpt your cheekbones, and it makes my rounded face appear slimmer. I really like the contour shade, it is a a very neutral color which emulates a your faces natural shadows. I always get compliments from this, I havent seen a better sculpting product.

on 2/3/2008 2:56:00 PM

If you want a subtle, yet effective product, this works. Putting this on is so easy and because it is light, it is not going to look too dark.I found that I needed to add an extra smaller brush for the high-lighter, as the one brush that came with the product, was perfect (angled) for the contouring, and I didn't want to get this mixed in with the vanilla high-lighter.
I also would have liked more high-lighter in the compact.I also use this product for a eyeshadow in the crease area. There is a lot of product, so it seems like it should last a long time.

This works quite well to contour my face except im not so keen on the sparkle in the contour shade. whats up with that? I dont want to look like a disco ball. If you get the application of this right it can work very well and the brush is really useful and great. If you get the application wrong you can end up looking like you have a stripe of mud on your face. The highlight colour doesnt show up all that well on me so I have to use a different highlighter.
I wont be buying this again I want to try a different contour powder and I'm all set with my benefit highbeam for highlighting

I actually purchased the first contouring kit that Laura made, and it was great...pretty expensive, but very nice. It was pressed powder and finely milled and the two shades were a light vanilla and like a taupe color and they were both matte shades. My face looked so pretty with these two products on my face, and strangely...not dirty.

It was, I think, the first product she brought to QVC. This baked product is just all right...nothing special. I really don't mind the sparkle. It actually doesn't show on me, but it just sits there, because the contour in the baked makes my face look very dirty.

I did learn how to contour my silly face from Laura, but I use different products now. In the morning (when I'm always in a hurry)...I use my trusty Senna color wash brush (the best fan brush, and no longer available), and I dust Bobbi Brown bronzer (no orange) in all the right places. After makeup...I use the "Glow Box" to highlight and add some color. This is a very pretty product.

But the best contour shade you can use is a darker version of your foundation (no gray...no phoney bronzer color). The creme foundations are...well...time consuming, so I am considering buying the B&B in the tan shade. One reviewer did just that and was very pleased...no glitter...just a real natural skin tone...unlike this kit.