Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

4.3

I actually purchased the first contouring kit that Laura made, and it was great...pretty expensive, but very nice. It was pressed powder and finely milled and the two shades were a light vanilla and like a taupe color and they were both matte shades. My face looked so pretty with these two products on my face, and strangely...not dirty.

It was, I think, the first product she brought to QVC. This baked product is just all right...nothing special. I really don't mind the sparkle. It actually doesn't show on me, but it just sits there, because the contour in the baked makes my face look very dirty.

I did learn how to contour my silly face from Laura, but I use different products now. In the morning (when I'm always in a hurry)...I use my trusty Senna color wash brush (the best fan brush, and no longer available), and I dust Bobbi Brown bronzer (no orange) in all the right places. After makeup...I use the "Glow Box" to highlight and add some color. This is a very pretty product.

But the best contour shade you can use is a darker version of your foundation (no gray...no phoney bronzer color). The creme foundations are...well...time consuming, so I am considering buying the B&B in the tan shade. One reviewer did just that and was very pleased...no glitter...just a real natural skin tone...unlike this kit.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I like this. I got into this kind of shading/contouring with Lauren Hutton's Disc and I like her kabuki brush for this purpose. I have a crooked nose and a bit of this light powder stroked on with the finger and then balanced with the dark shade is great. I have not been impressed with any of the brushes that Laura Geller includes with her products, although the powders are terrific. I think this will last a long time, but I would buy it again.

on 2/3/2008 2:56:00 PM

If you want a subtle, yet effective product, this works. Putting this on is so easy and because it is light, it is not going to look too dark.I found that I needed to add an extra smaller brush for the high-lighter, as the one brush that came with the product, was perfect (angled) for the contouring, and I didn't want to get this mixed in with the vanilla high-lighter.
I also would have liked more high-lighter in the compact.I also use this product for a eyeshadow in the crease area. There is a lot of product, so it seems like it should last a long time.