Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Laura Geller Shade N Sculpt Baked Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I would consider this my HG contouring powder, except that I have a few problems with the Shade N Sculpt product itself. Let's start off with the pros of this product. It is the perfect shade of brown to mimic the contours of one's face naturally displays. It's easily blendable and doesn't take much to create that perfectly contoured look. When the face is contoured correctly, someone can look slimmer and more proportionate. It can make a big forehead look smaller and can minimize a double chin. Someone can make their nose look a little more narrow and also strengthen their jaw line. The highlighting powder is amazing and creates a great "glow." While the pros are absolutely great, there are a few cons to Laura Geller's Shade N Sculpt. The product has gold glitter in it. For someone with very oily skin, like mine, this just makes my skin look even more oily and nasty. I'd imagine that it's also not friendly in photography with high flashes. I wanted to love this product so much, but unfortunately, I must let it go. Laura Geller is now creating "sugar-free" products, aka - products without glitter. Hopefully she will create Shade N Sculpt in "sugar-free", because if she does, I will most definitely repurchase it! This is available at QVC, Sephora, and LauraGeller.com for $38 and comes with a contouring brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a swap because the Sephora lady tried to sell this item to me and quite frankly it's abit expensive for me. And she mentioned the brush included is not so great and I already have tons of brushes so no thanks in buying it brand new. The lady mentioned to not use the brush included because it picks up the glitter/shimmer and that's not good. I absolutely love the dark color for contouring. It's been hard for me to find a contour shade that's not orange or really a bronzer. Done right, this is a really good buy for tan to darker skin tones.

on 1/3/2009 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I saw Laura on QVC with this product and it made me really want to try contouring. It came with an angled brush and in a sweet little compact with a mirror.

This product is okay, but I hate that there is glitter in the contouring part of the powder. Why does Laura ALWAYS put glitter in her products? No one wants a glittery face. The colour suits my skin tone but I have to be very careful not to apply too much.

You have to be quite careful with the application, because if you use too much of the darker shade it can look so false and like you have smeared dirt on your face. My technique is to swirl the brush in the dark brown and tap off the excess, and then EVER so lightly brush it under my cheekbones, in the hollow part. Then just a light stripe of the highlighter.

I have taken off another lippie because it annoys me that there is only one quarter of the highlighting powder in the compact. Why didnt Laura make it half and half?!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product! It really does sculpt your cheekbones, and it makes my rounded face appear slimmer. I really like the contour shade, it is a a very neutral color which emulates a your faces natural shadows. I always get compliments from this, I havent seen a better sculpting product.