Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum

Clarins HydraQuench Intensive Serum

3.4

Aqua, Glycerine, Isohexadecane, Isononyl Isononanoates, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Chloride, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherylacetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Carrageenan Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Alfalfa Extract, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Sorbic Acid, Tocopherol, CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60730 (Violet 2) --------- from thenotice.net, June 2013 following reformulation & repackaging

Clarins and I go way back. it was one of the very first skincare brands I tried and loved, but then I developed the roving eye syndrome and started trying out other brands.

Recently, I developed hives, thanks to an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. Having always been photosensitive (yes, I'm allergic to the sun), the hives made the photosensitivity worse, leaving me with red, raw, peeling and rash-filled skin. (sorry if that was too graphic for you).

I went to my derm of over 20 years (been going to him since i was a toddler due to my photosentivity issues) and he prescribed some cortisone cream. just as I was about to leave his room, he asked if I was still using Clarins' products. I said no, and he asked me to give this and their Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate a go.

We went out and bought the two items immediately and I used two pumps of this serum, twice a day, followed with the Skin Beauty Repair Concentrate.

Within two days, the peeling stopped. Skin stopped burning and just one week later, my skin was back to looking relatively normal. No more rashes, bumps. Just a little more redness than normal.

It's been two months since the incident and I'm still using this daily. It is a very light, Watery serum that doesn't seem to do anything once applied - it sinks in really quick and doesn't mess with makeup application. I find my skin is softer, brighter and less oily. The combination of oils in this bi-phase serum must have helped balance my skin's natural oils. This is now a HG item and I don't want to be without it!

on 6/27/2016 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

My skin, in winter is incredibly dry and tight, it stings! I have tried many products over the years and find this to be, by far, the best.
It has a delicate consistency that immediately dissolves into your skin, leaving it feeling smoother, softer and very supple. While it may be a little on the high-end, price wise, it is also high end quality, and a little bit goes a very long way.
I will definitely be purchasing this product again, and highly recommend it to anyone who suffers dry skin.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/7/2016 7:35:00 PM

USD$59 for 30mL or 1 Fl Oz. I've had this serum for a week, and I've already used it so much that it looks like there's about 8/10 left in the bottle. After a rough winter (wind-chapped cheeks and dead-looking skin), I just needed something to boost my skin, and this did it in combination with a vitamin C serum. It has a light fragrance that dissipates quickly, and absorbs fast into your skin. I use it morning and night and mixed in with normal moisturizer, foundation, primer, sunscreen etc. - just to give my skin an extra boost of hydration. Maybe because my skin was so bad, lacking that "glow," but I saw an effect after a few days of using it. Even my DH remarked on how good my skin looked, and my foundation definitely goes on more smoothly with it under.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was really hoping this would be my type of serum, but guess not. I tried this serum around 2014 winter in small samples, it was okay, the price was fair compare with other department store brand. So I bought the 50ml without research the ingredient list. (not a wise move)

On the positive side. This is very refreshing, it add a good level of moisture on your face without being too heavy. It is very liquid, almost like oil in toner. It smell very pleasant. Price wise it was 72$CND in 50ml... not too bad for a prestige brand serum.

So what's not to like?? Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil! This in alternative name - "Inca Peanut Oil". Don't get me wrong, if you're not allergy to any nuts or peanut, it's actually a good source of protein and omega fatty acids. Unfortunately, I'm extremely allergic to any kind of nuts. After about 4 or 5 days usage (both day/night), I start to develop hives (skin-rash) all over my body....shoulder, arms, and forehead. I stop the serum, my hives slowly goes away (under Claritin's help as well). Retry it, the hives come back. So I have no other choices by giving this product away to my Mom. She love it, it help on her dry skin. So bottom line is... try a sample first if you aren't allergy to nuts.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I reside in Canada where the weather if bone chilling for a few mo out of the year & skin needs moisture! While I do really enjoy the feel of this light-weight texture, & as per usual Clarins, I enjoy the scent immensely...I prefer their Super Restorative Remodeling Serum as that one actually makes my skin feel really tight. This one is still good mind you, but lacks that luminosity & finish I've gotten w/ their other products. I do need the hydration, but will seek it else-where & for less of a cost. I am glad however, that it does not break my sensitive skin out, just not dazzled w/ it is all.

on 9/17/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. Got this as Ireland has none of the blue orchid oil left in stock, one of the ladies at Clarins counter recommended this instead. She had no samples....I should have held out, instead I forked over 55 euro for yet another serum that does nothing for my skin. The blue orchid is superb and using it with hydraquench moisturiser all was good with my skin, but I swear this serum is dying out my skin instead of adding moisturiser. I use it then add moisturiser and skin feels taut straight away, have to add another layer of moisturiser, which isn't cheap. Raging with myself I didnt get a sample first. Don't know if I can bring it back, I wouldn't think so. Brutal stuff.

on 6/2/2015 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The smell... is so STRONG. It gives me a headache and I don't see how putting this on my sensitive face will benefit. It doesn't even go away. Fragrance is a little before the middle of the ingredients list.

I didn't realize this at Nordstrom because Clarins is usually next to the fragrance section. I'm returning this and won't be repurchasing.

on 3/26/2015 9:54:00 AM

Honest speaking, this product saved my skin. I have been using this product for over 8 years. It has oil and liquids, therefore very good moisture protection for dry and sensitive skin. I had very sensitive skin when I was studying in overseas. After back to hometown and work, the skin problem is the same. After I tried this product, my sensitive issue was improved - reduced red and burn feeling. I am using it day and night, 4 seasons and even my travelling must item. I love the moisture and protection feeling. Very good product for dry and sensitive skin and under extreme weather.

on 3/23/2015 8:40:00 PM

I'm surprised this product has such a low rating, as it's become one of my staples.
While my skin has always been on the sensitive side, it has also gotten more and more dehydrated as I progress through my 30's. As a result most creams aren't hydrating enough and leave my skin dry and red, while the rest are too rich and cause me to break out. And since I live in a norther climate, winters only make it that much harder to find the right balance.
This serum kept my skin glowing through the past 2 winters (at -30 degree weather) and made using tinted moisturizers in the summer possible (since they're not hydrating enough on their own). And when I briefly switched to a comparable product I noticed the difference right away. I now use this daily and year-round, and have no plans to change.

on 11/11/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Good for cold climates as it really moisturises but otherwise mainly for wintry cold and windy conditions. Bin the warmth it just makes me glow but not I'm a good way!