Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Heptanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glycerin, Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclomethicone, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopherol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 17200/RED 33

I really only brought this out of desperation, because they had run out of my usual scrub. Not a bad choice, as I do love me an oil cleanser every so often. It turns from a gel, to an oil as it warms on your skin , then has a beautiful creamy emulsion as you add water. Removes makeup well. Havent noticed any changes in my skin/ no new breakouts since using. Only negative for me is I have to avoid my eye area as oil and eyelash extensions arent a a great mix and I have noticed having to get my eyelashes filled alot more often than when I use the gentle cream cleanser or scrub.

Would consider buying again... if they didnt have my favourites

on 5/7/2017 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was given a sample of this gel cleanser while i as buying my favorite moisturiser.

I love the convenience of the easy to use tube dispenser,and non drip formula, and i cant really comment on
the perfume as some others have mentioned on here, so i wouldn't say it was an issue.

With moderate massaging,( but no more than any other oil cleanser i use,) it removed every trace of makeup.
I was pleasantly surprised that i didn't have stinging, or blurry vision after using this to remove my mascara, which so many oil cleansers seem to do.
so many oil cleansers seem to do.

My only negative would be, i was aware how tight my skin felt afterwards, and i needed to use a moisturiser
to calm my skin.
This cleanser would probably be perfect for someone with oily skin, but i wouldnt suggest it for really dry skin.
For reference my skin is normal.
If it was cheaper i possibly would purchase it, but while there are oil cleansers half the price out there
that do just as good a job, i will be giving this one a miss.

No no no! I am unable to use this product. Be warned it leaves a film on the face and you will feel you need to wash it afterward with something else. I'll be giving mine away to someone. I'm not a fan of cleansers which really strip the skin of natural oils at all, but I can't see how it's healthy for the skin to have this extra layer clinging to the surface.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this as a part of a gift set. Loved it. It's a gel texture which turns into an oil as you massage it into your skin. You must be sure you massage it onto dry skin just like any oil cleanser. Removes every trace of makeup. It's heavily scented so you might keep that in mind if you're sensitive.

on 1/4/2016 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wonder why I haven't tried this earlier, it's fabulous for my skin.
I love the gel consistency and how it emulsifies with water then rinses clean without leaving the skin tight or uncomfortable. It removes make-up and sunscreen perfectly and leaves skin clean and not dried up at all.
I've removed it with a warm, damp terry cloth too for a bit of gentle exfoliation, then rinsed out the remainder. Works both ways.
The tube is well made in the sense that you can squeeze exactly how much you want, probably the thick gel texture helps so it doesn't burst out of the tube easily.
I don't need another cleanser, this is it for me.
It's scented but it doesn't bother my sensitive skin but it may pose an issue for others (some scented products which wreak havoc for others can be good on mine and viceversa, as with everything ymmv so do try a sample first - Clarins are good with giving out samples)

I really liked the texture of this as it's fuss-free and works like a cleansing balm minus the finger-dipping. However, this clogged my pores up and gave me whiteheads over a week's use. I initially thought the whiteheads and bumpy skin was hormonal aka that time of the month, waited it out before using this product again and the same thing happened. Clogged pores, bumpy skin and lots of little whiteheads popped up. It's a shame as I wanted to like this very much indeed. It glides on nicely, emulsifies well and doesn't leave a film on the face but sadly this just didn't work for me.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This cleanser looks really pretty (it's peach!) and the name sounds luxurious and pampering... 'Pure melt cleansing gel'... However, I regret buying it. I am not too prone to buy skin care by impulse but having had enough with the Estee Lauder take it away remover lotion and being tired and hungry in the shopping center, not to mention bored, this seemed like a much nicer option. Funny thing is, it isn't!

This cleanser looks orange or peach (which is still orange!)... And this colour comes from the synthetic dyes Clarins put in it as one can read from the ingredient list 'Yellow 5 and Red 33' Anyone knows that you mix red and yellow and voila you got yourself orange! So, why would a company that claims to produce 'plant based' products with only the nicest ingredients that mother earth has to offer would place artificial and, most importantly, unnecessary dyes on their products? I should have thought about it the minute I started looking around... Green looking and yellow looking toners... Orange looking cleansers... It's not natural, people, it's Clarins wanting you to believe that if it looks (and smells) like a fruit, flower or plant, then it is 'natural'. In fact, the only natural compound in this cleanser is the Sclerocarya Birrea oil also known as marula oil.

Now, I am not one to think that natural is better. Not by a long shot. However, I find it insulting how Clarins added a lot of fragrance and the dyes to this product to make it look and smell natural. Do they think we're stupid?

Now, I could live with the lie and the dye but what was even more disappointing was the performance of this cleanser. It is pleasant to apply, yes, but it takes forever to remove (at least in areas with hard water) and sometimes left a film. I think all the rinsing over stimulated my skin leaving it irritated every time. However, the worse effect was how this cleanser made my skin feel so dried out, if I moved my face my skin looked and felt like it could crack- I have never seen my skin so dry in my life. My skin is pretty normal, combination at times. So normal/combination is my skin type. When on the third night of using this I had a look at my skin after washing it and saw how dry and flaky it was (as I said, like it would crack) I binned it.

Now, imagine having to bin a product that cost me £20, is infused with synthetic ingredients yet was sold to me as being 'natural and gentle', hurt my skin like no other cleanser I have ever tried... Oh, and it's also incredibly over priced! Livid is not the word. I bought two more Clarins products, unfortunately, and was given a free bag with body stuff. I hope the body stuff is better, because all the facial products were disappointing!

My dermatologist okayed this for removing makeup, and I've repurchased it over and over. It does not aggravate my acne-prone skin nor dry it out. I really appreciate that because a lot of products are either full of stuff that aggravate acne or are for oily, acne-prone skin but cause major dryness. That said, it's on the pricy side! I also definitely have to use toner to really get all the makeup off. So while I do like this a lot, I'm not sure if it's HG status. There have to be makeup removers that won't irritate or dry my skin that are more effective cleansers and cost less. If price is not an issue for you and you wear minimal makeup, this is wonderful! For me, I definitely follow up with Clarin's alcohol-free toner.

on 9/29/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this cleanser to remove makeup. I think people that use this on a regular basis as a cleanser by itself should rethink their routine. I first massage this into my face and eyes, let it change into a warm oil, wash my face with warm water and then wash my face with a foaming cleanser. If you are a makeup wearer (especially minerals as they really adhere to the skin) then do two cleansers. One to remove your eye and face makeup, and another to clean your face completely. This, for me was the simplest and most effective cleanser for removing makeup pre-cleanse. I just use a foaming cleanser for the morning and don't use this in my morning routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely 💜this cleanser! Melts away make up in minutes and skin feels lovely afterwards! Really clean! I have sensitive skin but have had no issues with any of clarins products. Love it!