MAC Cosmetics Metal-X MetalBlu

MAC Cosmetics Metal-X MetalBlu

3.4

LOVE the color...so pretty..but cannot get it to go on or stay on my eyelids easily. What a shame...it's one of the most beautiful blues I've ever seen.

on 6/1/2010 4:56:00 AM

I am currently living in Australia so I had to buy this product from a legit seller on ebay. I agree with what most people have said. I tried to apply the colour to my lid with my mac 239 brush and with nothing underneath. It was extremely difficult to get on and when it was finally on it creased immediately. I don't have oily lids at all so this should not have happened. i put on several layers and can still see the white of my eyelid showing through in certain spots. This is sad because the colour of this shadow is GORGEOUS!!!! I am determine to find a way for it to go on nicely and will try my fingers next time! This is the nicest blue eye shadow colour I have ever come across so if I find a way to make it work I would def buy it again.

on 5/29/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

i was torn between this one and a few others and i picked it because of the stand out color, it is really gorgeous. it does crease but the color is so pretty i will forgive :) i do only wear it as a night out kind of thing though.

edit: i used this as a base (under eyeshadow) on a very warm sunny day at the boardwalk and it did not crease at all! as long as it is worn with a base or under a shadow i feel it does ok.

on 1/25/2010 12:38:00 AM

i really love the blue metallic sheen,it probably the best looking one in this collection, but i have to admit that i really had problems on applying it.

I used lemon aid and tfsi for base,and metalblu is so difficult to blend! but the pink ingot went on smoothly and had a long lasting result without creasing. I just had metalblu on for like 10mins then washed off coz i put it too much with freshwater,tilt and retro-speck, so i don't know whether it'll last without creasing.

The most expecting one, and the most disappointing one.

Sorry metalblu, you are so beautiful but i don't think i'll repurchase you......

on 11/29/2009 3:21:00 AM

I just picked this eyeshadow up the other day on black friday at my CCO. Its pretty far away from my house so i snatched a few items. i got this because of the deep royal blue. I love this color and eyeshadow. I really fell in love!! Its a straight up blue with a little bit of silver sparkle. The color payoff is great and i got it for 8.75! You really cant beat that. Applying with a brush could be a real plan the trick is to use with your fingers i havn't tried using it wet but im going to give that a short! you can also where his alone or with other colors, its just that great. Its amazing i would definitely recommend this!

on 9/25/2009 5:15:00 PM

I hate to give this a bad review because the color is really gorgeous! But it creases like a SOB. I put it on my lids and even after a minute there was big time creasing! I had to keep touching it up after every few minutes but it still didn't help much. I did not put primer underneath though because according to the other reviews it is a bad idea and makes creasing worse. I think I am just going to swap this, it irritates me because the color is so pretty I still don't want to give it up!

on 8/22/2009 10:48:00 AM

I was seduced by the beautiful deep blue swatch of this shadow. I have blue shadows from other brands, some drug store and some high end. But this was much more intensely pigmented than any of them, so I had to get it. Once I got to actually playing around with it, however, I found it a little hard to apply. The best way to get the deep colour is to use my fingers, but that's pretty imprecise. With a brush, it is difficult to both pick up and to deposit the product. I now mostly use this for a liner, and it works well for that purpose. But I could have just as well bought a deep liner, which would've probably been cheaper too.

on 2/19/2009 2:16:00 PM

I have had this for some time, at first when i got this i used it as a eyeliner above my lashes and went on smoothly.

i had forgotten about this for a month or so and went back to use this as a eyeliner and when applied it to my lids the blue started to crumble and flake and it kept falling on my cheeks, so i wet my brush to apply it and still crumbly and nasty looking my shadow had dried out a little and now it seems like whenever i use it as a eyeliner i cant because its dry and crumbly each time

on 2/17/2009 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Got this item in a swap. I'm not sure what the price generally is for it in the store, but being that it's MAC, I'm sure it's pricey.
I've used this item twice now and I like it. I applied it to my lid using my fingertip, which wasn't the neatest application, I admit. (I honestly wasn't sure what kind of brush to use for it.) By itself it didn't seem to be a deep enough blue for me, so I used it as a base for another blue e/s from NYX and it was so beautiful! I had a little bit of creasing after a few hours, but it wasn't a big deal. I don't recall if I used a primer or base under the "Metalblu", so that could be the difference with the creasing and depth of the color.
I like how metallic this line looks and the packaging is nice.
I don't tend to like cremes/creams because of the creasing factor due to the creme/cream not drying, but this wasn't a problem and due to it's high intensity of color, I'm willing to continue to work with this. :) It does dry a little, which is great.
*I don't know for sure if I'd buy this again, honestly. I don't want to say NO, so we'll leave it at 'it could happen'. I did recently buy the Metal-X "Plum Electric" off of someone BNIB, so I'm eagerly awaiting that. Hope it's at least half as good as the blue is. I'm more of a purple chick than I am blue.
-Good quality, I recommend.:)

Edit: Recently used UDPP under this product and the color 'really' popped!!
-Still hard to work with...I think this line of creme e/s from MAC tend to get drier and harder as they get older and eventually will crack and possibly crumble, unfortunately.
*I'm including a recent pic. of "Metalblu" swatched on my fingertip and on my eyes over UDPP:

continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is so hard to apply! I used MAC's liquidlast liner in Classic Cream as a base, and I tried using different brushes to apply (a small eyeshadow brush and a smudge brush). I couldn't get it on evenly and when I finally did I was exhausted. I also tried Gilded Ash and Material Gold and I really like MG. The look has this cool sheen, kinda like a foiled eye. Just be prepared to be working it if you choose to wear this. I've found it closely resembles Speed Blue in the Kat Von D palette.