Maybelline New York Wet Shine Diamonds nail color

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The regular Wet Shine line isn't that great, but the Wet Shine diamonds is pretty decent for a ds product. I always get the bright red shade. It has delicate little flecks of glitter in it, not the big huge chunks that they used to have in their Express Dry line. Most of the time I stick with higher-end nail polishes, but I haven't found a shade of red that's better for my toes than this one. It does take a few minutes to dry, but the consistency is nice. It's not like Sally Hansen prisms, which takes forever to dry. It doesn't bubble, it does stain a little (but most polishes do), and it's very pretty in the sunlight. I love looking at my nails in the sunlight when i'm stuck in traffic!

Product: Maybelline's Wet Shine Diamonds nail polish in Lilac Glitz #435

Pros: Long lasting color--it doesn't chip away easily. Goes on smoothly--no "goopiness" to the polish.

Cons: Dries streaky, giving it a cheap look. You can see the brush strokes.

A get-what-you-pay-for product. I would shell out a little more for a better quality polish that would give you the "diamond shine" you are looking for. Instead, Maybelline's Wet Shine Diamonds gives you a dull shine, which left me underwhelmed.

Overall, not a polish I would buy again, but I won't rule out all of the Wet Shine line.

LOVE IT!! I got this in glowing glimmer, nail polish just doesnt' last long on me but this one does. I'm awful at painting my nails but they look so nice now!
perfect for layering or by itself

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only thing i didn't like is it takes long to dry but I love the sparkly color and feel for me it lasts for days at least.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this Fly Blue and it's my HG nailpolish. I have this on my toes all 365 days of the year. It's a really nice refreshing colour.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I got Wet Shine Diamonds nail polish in Ruby Desire, what a wonderful name!!! It's a true red with "diamonds". The name of the color and the color itself are adorable, I love this one, I don't really care about the quality of these, hopefully Maybeline won't discontinue this color!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I don't like this polish. The glitter takes forever to come off with nail polish remover, and it just looks kinda thin and cheap.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own luminous lillac, ( again pink not mauve ) and I love this color, I wear this one most of the timeIts subtile with a lil bit of parkle, not in a tacky way got a lot of compliments, would purchase again if they still make it
This is my fav. polish. continued >>

I have this in Jewel n' Berries, and it's a berry color (sorry horrible with color description). In general I think Maybelline polishes gear more toward the girly trendy look. The color is pretty from a distance but a bit cheap looking close up. In terms of the polish quality, I find it to be pretty decent. The drying time is average, and it doesn't chip on my for about 3 days. The downside is that their polish is extremely difficult to remove. You have to use really industrial strength stuff to get it off, and even then there's glitter stucked on your nails. I won't be repurchasing it because now I find I can get better color selection from transdesign.com and my nails can longer withstand such tough scrubbing now that I'm wearing polish regularly.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really don't have *much* right to complain, since I got four bottles of Wet Shine Diamonds for $2 at Dollar Bill's: Clear Cut Diamond, Glowing Glimmer, Gold Fleck Fuchsia, and Jewels 'n' Berries. Me no like. They are too sheer (you can tell just from inspecting the bottle), hard to build up any color, take forever to dry, and look cheap. As an added bonus, the glitter is difficult to remove with regular polish remover; you have to use acetone. I generally don't like Maybelline's colors; they don't seem particularly well thought-out in terms of ease and opacity of application. (I bought a Wet Shine Diamonds lipstick that looked vivid coral in the tube and came out pale, pukey peach.)

Popular Polishes