Creative Nail Design Air Dry

No Image

4.3

on 1/27/2013 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I really have a love/hats with this product. One one hand (pardon the pun), it dries my mani super fast. I've used it over different brands with no problem. I can use this, go to bed an hour later and no sheet marks. I usually apply a base coat plus 3 coats of color under. It works well as a top coat, I get tip wear with most polishes after 4 days, ive left a mani up to almost 2 weeks, and while there was extreme tip wear, still little to no chipping.

The bad....it gets thick very quickly. I have some polish thinner and that seems to sort the problem. It does tend to drag the nail color. It is not very shiny. Because it is so thick, I have to be super careful to apply it well, I never do though and around my cuticles you can see the bare nail color.

Iím surprised to hear negative reviews about this product because this is the fastest drying top coat I have ever bought. I first bought the Seche Vite after hearing about how good it was and I took it home read the label and saw that it could cause birth defects and reproductive problems...that was too much of a risk for me since I am young and havenít had children yet. I decided to return it and got this one instead.

I applied this top coat over my nail polish while my polish was still fairly wet and it dried in seconds! I was shocked at how fast it dried, and it gave a nice shiny finish. A few minutes after painting my nails I was able to type. It has been 4 days and my nails havenít chipped and remain shiny and wonderful. I am so impressed that I want to go back and get the base coat too.

on 6/2/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This top coat dries very quickly and has a nice shine. I've used it after my manicure and reapplied it twice during the week for added protection and shine.

on 3/5/2008 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, I have to review this based on how I use it and not how its intended to be used. Its supposed to be a quick dry top coat - OK, not so much. I use this as almost a pre-base coat and I like it for that.

I apply Air Dry about a minute after my coats of polish, then I let it dry. It does take some time for this to fully dry, so do not use this if you're in a hurry. Once its dry, I then apply another top coat. Currently, I'm using a hybrid of Out the Door & OPI RapiDry. Yes, sounds odd, but its working for me.

I know using two top coats isn't the best option, but I get really good wear from this and using the Air Dry as a frist top coat seems to "set" the polish better than one top coat alone. Take that for what its worth :)

Popular Top/Base Coats